Abundant Life Worship Center Churches in New Jersey (ALWC Churches)
Posted by: JerseyLilly ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:22AM

Has anyone had an experiences in these churches? Here is part of my letter to Rick Ross who recommended me post on this forum. If anyone has had experiences in these churches or has an article or link to supply, please let me know.

I am writing to ask if you will investigate and/or post a warning about the Abundant Life Worship Center Churches lead by Bishop Peter Bruno. These churches are the off-shoot of the main church, Abundant Life Worship Center in Nutley, NJ founded by Peter Bruno, Sr. and are scattered through New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Israel, and the Dominican Republic. [www.nutleyalwc.org] You can see a live service online to see what I mean.

These churches are part of the Word-Faith, Shepherding "Covering" theology and are indirectly affiliated with Creflo Dollar, who was recently at the church in Nutley, NJ last month. They are heavily into prosperity preaching by evoking Oral Robert's ideology of "seed faith". They believe in the supreme authority of the Bishop, the 5-Fold Ministry gifts, are heavily involved in the "prophetic" gifts. They are cultic in the fact that they will not disclose their finances, are constantly asking for money to build bigger and more costly buildings, and teaching people to "speak the Word" to claim their wealth, healing, house, job, etc. I recently attended a women's conference in it's Whippany location. I asked questions about the church and its affiliation, and doctrine and was met with a most unwelcoming gesture. I was indirectly told by one of the ladies sitting at my table that she had the "gift" of discernment and knew when someone was trying to bring a spirit of division in the group.She eyeballed me, got up and went away to speak to someone and then came back to my table, I guess to control the flow of conversation. Once I was tagged as the "dissenter", I was watched and the ladies I sat with for breakfast steered clear of me from that moment onward. Before our guest speaker, spoke one of the elders of the church prayed that "No weapon formed against them would prosper, and that God would drive out any divisive person in their midst". I sat very quietly just observing thinking to my self, something is incredibly wrong here! The Pastor's wife preceded to ask who was sick amonst them and wanted the Lord to heal them with a show of hands. Two older ladies sitting in the front raised their hands, and the Pastor's wife proceeded to tell them that they were already healed, and all they had to do was "just walk in it". She kept on saying, Do you believe, do you believe? One of the women who stated she had diabetes, stated, she believed although it was with some reservation. The Pastor's wife put her on the spot repeatingly asking her is she had faith. She was told to "walk in" it believing she is healed of diabetes. Although, the Pastor's wife did not tell her NOT to take her medicine, it was implied, that if she had faith, she would stop taking the medicine and "walk in it". I am a registered nurse and I was so sickened by this statement that all I wanted to do was leave. I left this church and will NEVER return to it because of its twisted doctrines. I am so worried about this woman, who I do not even know, that she will somehow feel she has failed when she most likely does not receive a healing and more importantly, that she may injure herself if she stops taking her insulin.

Mr. Ross, please post on your website the dangers of these churches--PLEASE. I am concerned with it becoming a Jonestown since they are elitist and believe they have the truth and other churches are looked down on. The church offers great music and worship, however, they are not biblically correct.

www.nutleyalwc.org

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.