Writing an Article About Desteni
Posted by: RiverD ()
Date: February 27, 2014 07:17AM

Hey guys,

I'm a journalist from VICE Magazine. I've been looking into Desteni for the past six months, and your thread about the group is the most thorough and clear dissection of Desteni that I've seen... It gets particularly interesting when the late Bernard Poolman chimes in.

I want to reach out to you guys on the message boards and see if anyone is willing to talk to me about their experience with Desteni, either on the boards or in real life. People close to the group have been very, very reluctant to speak with me. I'd love your help getting Desteni into the mainstream.

Happy to change names if that would feel more comfortable.

I am very impressed with the quality of dialog on these message boards. You guys are smart. I've got some new information on Desteni as well. Would love to bounce it off you (maybe privately, though--would rather not tip my hand to the Desteni crew).

Feel free email me, also:
river.donaghey@vice.com

Thanks, everybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Writing an Article About Desteni
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: February 28, 2014 08:41PM

Just in case anyone who's interested missed it, someone who said they were from VICE magazine posted at the Desteni forum at this page: [forum.desteni.org] not so long ago and got the brush-off.

This was commented on at Destenigossip:

A REAL reporter looking into Desteni?
[destenigossip.livejournal.com]

Real journalism: Part 2
[destenigossip.livejournal.com]

May I suggest that for continuity further posts on this subject are made in the Desteni thread ..? Thanks.

Posted by: RiverD ()
Date: March 04, 2014 06:10AM

Moving this over to the Desteni thread, Sandman. Funny to see my presence discussed on that destenigossip site.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2014 08:57PM

Data lost through a backup failure some months ago has now been restored to this message board.

This board is also now open for indexing by search engines such as Google.

Information posted on the board should soon be appearing in searches as this is a public resource.

The data recovered and restored included many individual posts and some threads.

Lost membership registratio was not restored. Old members not currently listed must register as new members again in order to become active members of the message board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.