Where is the action?
Posted by: Post Hoc ()
Date: July 30, 2009 08:47AM

I like this site but I am somewhat disappointed with the mere "commentary". There are a lot of people talking about this and that but no real plans or structures for action. Talking about cults or even "exposing" potential cults accomplishes nothing. The people at risk of joining these things are not receptive to our observations - especially if we are not skilled at citing sources and facts without objectivity. Insights are an access for action but who here really cares about what these cults are doing to people to the extent that they DO something about it? I have seen nothing but bantering and speculation from interesting agitators. It all seems very sad. Stimulating - but sad. I'm going off to do nothing now. Adam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is the action?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:06AM

Post Hoc:

The Ross Institute Archives provides meaningful information regarding the history of controversial groups and movements, including some that have been called "cults."

Many people have contacted me to express thanks for the information provided here, which helped them to avoid cults and other groups.

Your opinion of this forum and site actually isn't a common one and is not shared by many.

Maybe you should look through the site in more depth before passing judgment.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Re: Where is the action? RIGHT HERE!!! :)
Posted by: paul_connor ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:25AM

Post Hoc
Hello
I can see what you are saying about wanting action. I am involved in taking action right now. I am cooperating with those taking proper channels of investigation so that authorities can review and consider legal actions againt the Jesus Christian cult founded and flounder now at the hands of one David J McKay.

I am sure you can read more than you will ever want to know about this sick sect on here.

While I am one who strongly believes in taking positve always legal action against crimes, were it not for information I could have been sucked into this evil cult. I had been e-mailing with a man named Jeremy in the USA. I was quite interested in some of their beliefs.

Thankfully I investigated before getting involved more deeply. Had the information and commentary not been available, I would have blindly trusted them and ended up in their freakish cult perhaps.

I'm really glad there is a good deal of information offered here and at the X JC sight so that others will be spared joining. Many of the people who write the commenary were people who actually endured the hell under McKay's rule. They can tell us all of events that they can prove happened. McKay is a brilliant liar who rewrites his evil doings to suit himself. He's failed as a cult leader and he is one angry dude who many fear is going to lead his remaining faithful few into some Heaven's Gate or Jonestown type disasterous tragedy.

By having so much wisdom and by sharing with each other, we can lend credibility to our positions and prevent new victims being recruited.
All people need to do is visit welikejesus to see the madness of McKay but there he calls every detractor mentally ill or a liar. His own son is one of the best witnesses to what truly goes on in the cult and he shares his experiences at another site devoted to the Jesus Christian cult X members. I am not sure he posts here but I know many genuine X Jesus Christians do, and to me they are brave and they are making a difference.

I'm truly happy there is the internet and sights such as this one to allow people to vent and share. Without it, we would all be potential suckers for these freakish cults that mask themselves as loving, wonderful people when they are anything but that.
I hope you do stay with us and read more and give it all a chance here.

Best,
Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.