The Potters House
Posted by: sprchkn ()
Date: June 21, 2009 07:21PM

My daughter has recently married into this, she ran away from home and married the son of a pastor from this church. She has completely cut us out of her life, and she has major medical health issues and I have been told not only does he have her drinking heavily but she has went off her medications that are basically life saving to her. She is only 18 years old. She has changed over the last couple of months and we have tried to talk to her about this man who is physically and mentally abusive towards her, she would have nothing to do with it. We have proof he did this with another girl back home as he is in the military now, but she will not even look at the literature. She used to be the person everyone saw laughing and happy all the time. Since she has met him she has become verbally and physically abusive towards me her mother, even though I am handicapped. We were very close up until she met this man. It was like he had a hold on her from day one. She used to be very active in church but will no longer attend church. He is getting ready to be deployed to iraq for 15 months and his father sent him a letter telling him my daughter would move from ny to nm so that they could teach her the ways of their church and show her how a woman should act. This scares me. How do i know his father wont touch her? After watching a few videos about this cult I have a lot more worries. I have no idea how to approach her on anything. Any advice would be great. I am now trying to play the "ok, your married at least talk with us, and allow us to be part of your family" part. She did contact me wanting to talk with her younger sister of which I am one hundred percent against. I do not want them to get a chance to talk to my youngest and convince her of their ways. Though she does hate my daughters now husband with everything in her. The only light I can see is my daughter went with this man right after a really bad break up and she had professed her love for the man she broke up with until the day she met this guy. When she left after cleaning her room I found this old boyfriends notes and items stored under her pillow even though she has not talked to this boy since November of last year. I find this funny that she says she loves one man and marries him literally on the fly. (she ran away one nite married him the next day, though they had to get her drunk to get her to marry him). I think deep down she knows all of this is wrong we raised her right but I also think her husband has her brainwashed, she has made way to many changes in the last few months for it not to be so. Another thing is that my daughter used to be the type that took care of herself she didnt leave home unless her clothes were perfect, her hair, her makeup etc. Recently she looks like a homeless person. She does not take care of herself, she doesnt shower like she should and she basically does nothing but sleep. This is so out of the ordinary for her. I used to have to beg her to stay out of the shower long enough for us to get showers now she is only showering every few days. So many things have changed with her, it is as if she cannot think for herself, as if she really has no idea how to think for herself. What can I do, how do I approach this? Any ideas? Anyone else been through this? Any input would be great as this is all new to me. I only recently found out his father was affiliated with this church and this was after she left and married him.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.