Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Srila Prabupada on Rape
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 12, 2013 12:18PM

To whom it may concern: if I'd have known about SP's comments concerning rape that are to be found in the purports of the Bhagavatam, then I'd have renounced ISKCON long ago. These quotes cannot be justified or excused away by the ISKCON apologists. It's just plain wrong, in every sense of the word. Evil it is, in my eyes.

So let it be known as of this moment that I renounce and repent of all connection to ISKCON that I have maintained in the past. When I found these Prabhupada quotes, I wanted to vomit on the floor. Yes: SP actually wrote that women "generally" enjoy being raped. This is horrible, sickening, and it (these kinds of statements by SP) go a long way toward explaining the rampant and organized institutional abuse that is so rampant within that organization.

Here are the damning quotes, from Prabhupada himself:

“In this regard, the word vikhyatam is very significant. A man is always famous for his aggression toward a beautiful woman, and such aggression is sometimes considered rape. Although rape is not legally allowed, it is a fact that a woman likes a man who is very expert at rape.” (SB 4.25.41)

“When a husbandless woman is attacked by an aggressive man, she takes his action to be mercy.” (SB 4.25.42)

“Generally, when a woman is attacked by a man–whether her husband or some other man–she enjoys the attack, being too lusty.” (SB 4.26.26)

"Prabhupada: “Yes, that is law always. Rape means without consent, sex. Otherwise there is no rape. There was a rape case in Calcutta, and the lawyer was very intelligent. He some way or other made the woman admit, ‘Yes, I felt happiness.’ So he was released. ‘Here is consent.’ And that’s a fact. Because after all, sex, rape or no rape, they will feel some pleasure. So the lawyer by hook and crook made the woman agree, ‘Yes, I felt some pleasure.’ ‘Now, there is consent.’ So he was released. After all, it is an itching sensation. So either by force or by willingly, if there is itching, everyone feels relieved itching it. That’s a psychology. It is not that the woman do not like rape. They like sometimes. They willingly. That is the psychology. Outwardly they show some displeasure, but inwardly they do not. This is the psychology.” (Morning Walk — May 11, 1975, Perth)

Source:

[www.oneiskcon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Srila Prabupada on Rape
Posted by: josef050153 ()
Date: December 12, 2013 09:29PM

Do you mean Prabhupada?

Srila P's knowledge outmoded
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 12, 2013 11:45PM

Corboy note: A person target in sexual assault doesnt want it. Any feelings he or she has of arousal or even orgasm are mere physiological reactions.

These do not prove consent or retroactively turn the assault into anything other than what it is--an assault.

Prabhupada was peddling ancient ethnocentric misogyny.

And it is interesting that this celibate fellow paid so much attention to and chose to write and talk so much about this topic.

How the Body Reacts to Sexual Assault | The NationAug 20, 2012 ... There's nothing new about the idea that vaginal lubrication, orgasm and ... A
2004 paper from the Journal of Clinical Forensic Medicine addresses some ... It is
not detailed in the [professional] literature because the victims usually ... to wear
a condom with female partners who had earlier consented to sex.
www.thenation.com/blog/169474/how-body-reacts-sexual-assault - 70k - Cached - Similar pages

Sexual Arousal and Orgasm in Subjects Who Experience Forced ...Nov 25, 2009 ... Journal of Clinical Forensic Medicine vol. ... induction of arousal and orgasm
does not indicate that the subjects consented to the stimulation.
www.scribd.com/.../Sexual-Arousal-and-Orgasm-in-Subjects-Who- Experience-Forced-Stimulation - 173k - Cached - Similar pages

Against his will: The reality of male rape - CNN.comOct 10, 2013 ... In an article in the Journal of Clinical Forensic Medicine, Roy J. Levin and ... that
even in men who have not consented to sex, slight stimulation of the genitals or
.... Rape is when you absolutely do not want sex but are forced.
www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/chris-brown-female-on-male-rape/ - Similar pages

Alcohol and allegations of rape - Forensic psychotoxicologyBlackout in this sense does not imply unconsciousness but is a direct effect ....
Sexual behaviour consists of four phases - desire, excitation, orgasmic, and
resolution. ... behaviour may lead to misperception by others of intention and
consent.
[sites.google.com] - Similar pages

Sex Offenses - Legal Dictionary - The Free DictionaryAlthough the commission of sex offenses is not new, public awareness and
concern ... are incapable of giving consent to sexual acts and will not consider
consent as a valid defense to the crime. ..... Forensic Management of Sexual
Offenders.
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Sex+Offenses - 76k - Cached - Similar pages

Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust Statement on the #itsnotrapeif Twitter ...Apr 8, 2011 ... Shukumisa Press Release: Forensic nurses vital to providing proper care for rape
... A lubricated vagina does not mean that a woman consents to sex. ... An
orgasm is not a crime. Rape is. Not wearing any underwear does not ...
victimempowermentsa.wordpress.com/.../rape-crisis-cape-town-trust- statement-on-the-itsnotrapeif-twitter-phenomenon/ - 60k - Cached - Similar pages

Date: December 13, 2013 09:33PM

josef050153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you mean Prabhupada?

Yes, I mean Prabhupada. Bhaktivedanta Swami, the very one. Please excuse my typo.

Date: December 13, 2013 10:45PM

Date: December 13, 2013 10:46PM

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: December 18, 2013 12:00PM

Thank you for exosing to the world theses shamefull quotes of Swami Bhaktivedanta

I was once a swami in the Hare Krishna mouvement and I heard similar quotes directly from the mounth of Prabhupada ....since I was in the mouvement from 1969 till 1975 ...and that is just the surface of his bigotry he also demonize homosexuals...even said in his first Bhguatam that the black race was an ugly race ...but theses quotes on rape are especially shameful in the context of the enormous rise of rape in INDIA ...some fanatics (and there are many ) coul use theses quotes to satisfy their lust and say "Prabhupad said woman love being rape " and rape as been happening in the Hare Krishna mouvement especially in the gurukulas (hare Krishna Schools ....hundreds of times .
Swami Bhaktivedanta was married when he was 23 to a 13 years old girls who he said did not know anything about sex .....in modern day it would be rape ...But the brainwash is so deep that initiated devotes ...even the young one of the new generation ....just ignore completely those quotes ..THEY ARE BRAINWASH

Date: December 18, 2013 09:16PM

You are welcome, dabcult. It's my duty.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: December 21, 2013 07:49AM

Dear zeuszor

I a have made a video inspire by your postings

[www.youtube.com]

India is in the experiencing a plague of rapes that have been seen in the media all over the world...there are potentually millions of people in India that could come in contact with theses shaneful quotes...and it might be all it takes for some fanatics to go on and rape women....50 thousands women where rape this years plus 10,000 female children.......there as been hundreds of rape in the Hare Krishna mouvement since the last 40 years including hundreds of children,s that had attended the Hare Krishna schools ...and the leaders of the Hare Krishna mouvement are still preaching that Swami Bhaktivedanta and his instructions in various books where PERFECT ...and are unwilling to remove theses shameful and potentially dangerous quotes from his books ...Thank you so much for brigning the attention on theses crasy verses "SATANIC VERSES " if there was such a thing
May many people read them ...

Date: December 21, 2013 09:48AM

Oh, many people will read them.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.