Former high-ranking Scientologist & his wife 'stalked and harrassed..'
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: September 16, 2013 01:41AM

Former high-ranking Scientologist and his wife 'have been stalked and harassed by church bullies for FOUR years since they became skeptical and left the movement'

* Monique Rathbun sues seven people including leader David Miscavige
* Husband was former Scientologist who quit in 2009
* Scientology lawyers claim they were working to protect practices

By JESSICA JERREAT

PUBLISHED: 02:16, 14 September 2013 | UPDATED: 03:19, 14 September 2013

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A Texas couple have told a court they were subjected to harassment by a group of Scientologists, who allegedly taunted them in the street, pointed cameras at their home and sent a sex toy to their office.

Monique Rathbun is bringing a lawsuit claiming she suffered emotional distress after a 199-day campaign of harassment that she claims was directed by Scientology leader David Miscavige.

She claimed that whenever she or her husband and former Scientologist Marty went outside, a group known as the 'squirrel busters' would approach them and tell Mr Rathbun to stop what he was doing.

Mrs Rathbun alleged the harassment was part of a wider three-year campaign against her husband, that began when he left the church in 2009 and started to criticize Mr Miscavige and the way the church was managed.
The 41-year-old's husband has advised others who have left the church and given them the same style of counseling offered by Scientology facilities, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The church frowns on people practicing its methods outside of the official community and those who do it are known as squirrels - hence the name for the group of people accused of harassing the Rathbuns.

According to Mrs Rathbun, the harassment began when a photo of the couple's home appeared in Scientology magazine Freedom.

Shortly after, she claimed she received emails from anonymous accounts telling her to leave her husband and was given a hand-delivered envelope at her office containing secrets about her husband, Radar reported.

'They were trying to get me to leave him,' she told the court, alleging that she soon became targeted.

She claimed several websites were set up saying that she was a man who had a sex operation, which was why the couple couldn't have a baby.

Later, a group known as the Squirrel Busters allegedly rented a house near the couple's home and would turn up in a golf buggy, wearing T-shirts showing Mr Rathbun's head on a squirrel's body.

'Every time we left our house, any time we went out the door, here they came in golf carts,' Mrs Rathbun said during testimony at Comal County court.

She claimed the church tried to distance her from her husband by allegedly sending private investigators to friends and family, delivering a sex toy anonymously to her office and installing cameras next to their San Antonio home.

When the cameras were installed Mrs Rathbun said she decided to sue because 'we just can't keep running'.

In court, Mrs Rathbun confirmed to the church's attorney Les Strieber III that no church representative had ever physically assaulted the couple or trespassed on their property.

And, although she had seen cameras pointed at their house, Mrs Rathbun had not seen any photos taken.

Mr Strieber, who is part of a team representing the seven defendants named in the lawsuit, suggested in court that the couple had infringed on church trademarks through the counseling.

The Rathbuns are suing Mr Miscavige, two church entities, three private investigators and one of the Squirrel Busters.

The hearing will also seek to determine whether a temporary injunction against Mr Miscavige should be made permanent.

Lamont Jefferson, who is representing the church leader, said Scientology had a right to protect its practices and had not broken any laws when it confronted the Rathbuns.

The case continues.

====

Read more:

Wife of Scientology critic details alleged church harassment

[www.tampabay.com]

Scientology Stalkers Ruined My Life! Wife Of Ex-Scientologist Tells Court Church Harassed Her For Years

[radaronline.com]

====

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former high-ranking Scientologist & his wife 'stalked and harrassed..'
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 16, 2013 10:18AM

Here's how far back this goes.

Robert Irwin, in London, decided to give auditing a try.

"...I enrolled at HQ to be audited, giving a fake name and address, but a genuine telephone number....Inevitably there were attempts to get me to pay for more courses and for books. One evening I had a phone call from my auditor. As a matter of urgency he wanted me to come round to his flat near Goodge Street. I arrived an hour later and found him packing. He was defecting from the movement abd since Scientologists have a ruthless way with those they term 'suppressives', he was going on the run and planning to hide out in Amsterdam. Since he was going to have to leave most of his stuff behind, I was welcome to choose what I wanted. As he continued to pack he talked about the 'wall of fire' that Scientologists have to go through, about the Incredible String Band's involvement and about what happened to supressives.

Mr. Irwin is describing an incident from 1968.

Memoirs of Dervish: Sufis, Mystics and the Sixties page 179.

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: October 08, 2013 03:16PM

[www.youtube.com]

I have made 7 videos recently (sept 2013 ) on scientology and you will find them on this link ..and channel

After looking at about an hundred videoa it is my opinion that Mr Rathbun is still deeply brainwash by the scientology cult

he call the writhing of L Ron Hubbard "scriptures " and he is taking money to still audit clients with the famous E meter wich is a total scam .

Thats a major problem in scientology now ...lots of church ex members absolutly hate David Miscavidge ...but still have their allegiance firmly behing the science fiction man L Ron Hubbard ...they can now easely see that David Miscavidge is a con man ...a violent psychopath that as beaten
Mark rinder and many other ex members .....but they are still behind the crasy teachings of Ron hubbard
They are just 20% 0r 50% deprogram from the cult
Hopefully with more informations everyday being publish about XANU and company
Maybe they will see the light ...and move on ...way away from the cult

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: October 10, 2013 04:20AM

[www.youtube.com]

The Billion year contract is probably the biggest scam of any cult in existence in the USA

Most people are good people ..honest people and when the cult of scientology find that a member is dedicated

they sprung this contract ...a stupid contract but for the innocent followers ..it as a psychological and emotional binding

Jenna Mescavidge was presented with the contract when she was 7 years old ....and many many other kids that age where made to sign the contract

Mr Rathbun as sign this contract long time ago ...and now he is writing books on the so called reformation of the church of Scientology

He is deeply brainwash and as not spoken out againts the BILLION year contract .

Members of the cult of Scientology are leaving the church in large numbers now ..mainly because of the psychopath David Miscavidge

But are they still subconsciously tied to the cult for years and years to come because of the commitment they made in the church ?

Brainwashing at is best can be found in the cult of Scoentology .....and they still have TOM CRUISE ...signing the glories of the church

how brainwash can he be ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.