Kabbalah Introduction at Vanier College (Montreal, QC)
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: October 20, 2005 04:30AM

I have recently found out that "buddhaguy" is giving an initiation to Kabbalah at a well known College in Montreal. See:

[www.buddhaguy.com]

Reading through the course description, it appears to me that this buddahguy is likely to be somekind of a guru enrolling people into Kabbalah. For example, he says:

"if you have the desire and make the effort - you to
can become part of the select few that have changed
the world."

This looks to me as an invitation to be part of a cult! Comments anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: i_was_one ()
Date: October 31, 2005 08:53AM

Hi midonov 123,

Yeah, I think it is an invitation to join a cult.

Especially with a comment about "an opportunity to change the world". I am a former member of Scientology, which also thinks it will change the world. To date, I have seen no evidence that is has. However, it has emptied a lot of pocketbooks.

Sincerely,

i_was_one

Posted by: windofchanges ()
Date: October 31, 2005 10:51AM

This posting shook out a memory of someone from a former group who was teaching an adult education course. At the time we saw it as a potential recruiting vehicle and thought it was a great idea.

Seekers and yearners can read these kinds of course descriptions -- as in "buddhaguy's" course -- and the words "transformation" or, for some others, "world healing," really stand out. People WANT to help the world, and if it seems that a secret will be revealed there will always be takers. While the invitation isn't overt, it can be there nonetheless. For some, this can be a very unfortunate choice.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: December 02, 2005 12:02AM

Kabbalah is a cult masquerading as a branch of Judiaism. They are very active here in NYC.

Matt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.