vortex healing???
Posted by: synapsis ()
Date: October 12, 2005 06:29AM

so what do you guys know about this place??

[www.vortexhealing.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
vortex healing???
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:42AM

synapsis
so what do you guys know about this place??

[www.vortexhealing.com]

This is only one of the many centers to offer spiritual/mind/distant/quantum healing, much like Deepak Chopra is doing. A few other centers/gurus are :

[www.quantumintegralcenter.com]

[www.quantumparenting.com]

[www.spiritgrowth.com]

[www.distancehealing.net]

This type of beliefs follow from the original work of Elisabeth Targ on distant healing (West J Med. 1998 Dec;169(6):356-63). This was the first double blind study that indicated a possible effect of distant healing on AIDS patients. Elisabeth Targ became an instant hero to the healers/believers community. She was a psychiatrist from Stanford who died at the early age of 40 from a brain tumor. Ironically, one of her proposed study on distant healing involves brain tumor patients. When she became ill, distant healers began to call and tried to cure her at a distance but they failed. She died in July 2002, a few months after she was diagnosed.

She was Bobby Fisher's niece (the US chess Grandmaster). She was also the daugther of Russel Targ (a physicist) who woked with Harold Puthoff (anoher physicist and a Scientologist !) on project "Stargate", the secret CIA project (declassified in 1995) at Stanford on "distant viewing". The passage from "distant viewing" to "distant healing" is now easy to understand.

All those people share the common New Age beliefs that one can act or cure at a distance through the sheer application of will (distant viewing/distant healing).

What is remarquable is that the NIH is funding clinical trials on "distant healing" and I am not joking!!! See:

[nccam.nih.gov]

Is this Quackery or a New Medical Science? Has the NIH been infiltrated by new Age thinkers?

vortex healing???
Posted by: synapsis ()
Date: October 27, 2005 02:05PM

thank you very much for getting back to me. on this i posted in regard to ......concerns

[forums.craigslist.org]

i don't know if you have helped me be less or more concerned yet

but thank you very much for your help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.