James Kennedy -- ...deceased minister...kept alive on TV
Posted by: neocon ()
Date: June 30, 2008 11:06AM

They have already. A formerly deceased minister, is being kept alive on TV. His name is James Kennedy, he died many months ago, yet Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in FL is still televising him like he is still alive. I don't know about you, but that's creepy. I never considered Presbyterians to be a cult, but I think this needs to be closely watched, as this is just plain weird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 09:44PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Kennedy -- ...deceased minister...kept alive on TV
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: July 20, 2008 02:25AM

Formerly deceased? You mean that he merely "was" being deceased? :-> (Okay, I'm kidding with you there. I know what you are meaning.)

It could be that his recordings are made in advance. It's a normal thing to do when producing a series for broadcast and caters for the unexpected events if you have a buffer of recorded material that hasn't been broadcast yet. If it is teaching material, then these can also be rotated in the same way that you will see repeats of "Friends" and other programmes.

Then there are preachers like Chuck Swindoll whose radio broadcasts are from material they preached and recorded in the 70s and are still as fresh and valid today. (Hairstyles and clothing fashion don't carry over to radio.)

Chuck Swindoll is excellent and perfectly legit for Bible teaching material. I've also listened to quite a few recordings of D. James Kennedy's "Truths That Transform" radio programme and was very impressed with the depth of knowledge and quality of the content.

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.