Church Shooter was Gothardite
Posted by: shakti ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:13AM

Turns out that the Gothardism movement that Rick has exposed in the past spawned the Church shooter. This group is really freaky, not just because of its beliefs and practices, but because of its infiltration into police departments and local governments. Very little national coverage from what I have seen.

Rick's info on Bill Gothard:

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.denverpost.com]

Murray, in messages he posted under the user name nghtmrchld26, said he and another poster "were raised on home school and we both went through some insane stuff growing up in The Nightmare that outsiders just do not understand."

The curriculum Murray decried in his postings was developed by evangelist Bill Gothard as part of The Institute in Basic Life Principles. The Bible-based curriculum is contained in "Wisdom Booklets" — 3,000 pages of instruction that "views academic subjects through the grid of Scripture," according to the institute's website.

Murray mentions Gothard by name in a later post. "Me, I remember the beatings and the fighting and yelling and insane rules and all the Bill Gothard (expletive) and then trancing out . (expletive) . I'm still tranced out."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Church Shooter was Gothardite
Posted by: Jesus4America ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:01AM

I knew someone that went through the Gothard course. When he returned he said it was the worst experiece of his life. A total cult for sure

Re: Church Shooter was Gothardite
Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: April 01, 2008 03:26PM

shakti
Turns out that the Gothardism movement that Rick has exposed in the past spawned the Church shooter. This group is really freaky, not just because of its beliefs and practices, but because of its infiltration into police departments and local governments. Very little national coverage from what I have seen.

Rick's info on Bill Gothard:

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.denverpost.com]

Murray, in messages he posted under the user name nghtmrchld26, said he and another poster "were raised on home school and we both went through some insane stuff growing up in The Nightmare that outsiders just do not understand."

The curriculum Murray decried in his postings was developed by evangelist Bill Gothard as part of The Institute in Basic Life Principles. The Bible-based curriculum is contained in "Wisdom Booklets" — 3,000 pages of instruction that "views academic subjects through the grid of Scripture," according to the institute's website.

Murray mentions Gothard by name in a later post. "Me, I remember the beatings and the fighting and yelling and insane rules and all the Bill Gothard (expletive) and then trancing out . (expletive) . I'm still tranced out."

THANKS for your post.

This is my first post on Gothard anywhere.

I went through most of the Gothard seminars more than once, and at the time, I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I was also at the time involved deeply and for almost thirty years in a DESTRUCTIVE CHURCH under the teachings of R.B.THIEME JR, see on this board under destructive churches.

I have not seen the Gothard material on Rick Ross but I will check it out.

Are there other threads on Rick Ross about Gothard?

I know the BIBLE FOR TODAY MINISTRY has material on bill Gothard, but I have not read it yet. Their other stuff especially about the bible, is really good and has helped free me from my false teacher.

More needs to be said on Gothard and his specific teachings!

Sincerely,
Sistersoap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.