Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: contending ()
Date: February 26, 2007 09:08AM

Okay, I'm ready to be hit from all defenders, BUT I cannot agree with Joyce Meyer anylonger. Maybe at one time she was right on. Now she has slipped into the popularity contest of all the big TV evangelists and even coined their phrases, accepted their wacko proclamations, like Benny Hinn's seeing the Father and forgetting where the Holy Spirit was. Or winking at Rodney howard brown's spiritual (yeah, who's spirit??) laughter, and partaking of the big jets that after all every big ministry must have, for the 'star' can't be everywhere at once. Think how idiodic this sounds and seems, yet people pay big money to go to her conferences, airfare, tickets, mechandise, and tithes/offerings; not to mention the huge competition among the leadership for the best looking clothes, even facelifts.

I know I sound bitter, God forgive me. Angry is more like it. I see these women and I know they are going to another self-help seminar with a couple of key scriptures or quotes thrown in, some denying their husbands and even children all in the name of the Lord. So many are so sincere, but so wrong. And so many end up so hurt, maybe even lost. That should make us all angry.

When are we, the church, going to awake to our true calling and contend for truth? When are we going to expose not only the Joyces, but the many others who are tripping so many babes who are hungry for the Lord; they are stealing them and we sit by idly or worse yet, we are caught up in the stuff they are peddling as the 'gospel' ourselves? Too many reason with look at the vast amount of people she's reaching, the good she's doing, etc. I ask you, Look at the vast amount of people the United Nations has reached, the good they;ve done (well, questionable) , or how about Goodwill Industries? They do much good; but do we entrust souls to them? Church, please wake up.

I do not say this to point the finger exclusively at Joyce Meyer. I only use her as an example for she is the biggest women's evangelist. If nothing else, look at the fruit of the character of the women in her ministry and following closely. Have they a gentle, quiet, meek spirit that is so admirable to the Lord? Or have they become more militant 'go get them' kind of women as the women of this century have been encouraged to be with the women's rights, etc.? And NO, I am not against women's rights; just when they are opposed to the word of God. Please can some true sheep comment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 26, 2007 10:00AM

Please try and avoid preaching.

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Date: February 26, 2007 11:14AM

Very sorry; thank God I am not called to preach. I'm just one whose eyes are being opened to so much, and I'm appalled at what I have fallen for and for years. I hate to see so many others being deceived. However, I have a feeling we may hear from many of those defending Joyce Meyer. Forgive? I won't preach anymore :D Gladly

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: February 26, 2007 11:51AM

Okay, I'm ready to be hit from all defenders, BUT I cannot agree with Joyce Meyer anylonger. Maybe at one time she was right on. Now she has slipped into the popularity contest of all the big TV evangelists and even coined their phrases, accepted their wacko proclamations, like Benny Hinn's seeing the Father and forgetting where the Holy Spirit was. Or winking at Rodney howard brown's spiritual (yeah, who's spirit??) laughter, and partaking of the big jets that after all every big ministry must have, for the 'star' can't be everywhere at once. Think how idiodic this sounds and seems, yet people pay big money to go to her conferences, airfare, tickets, mechandise, and tithes/offerings; not to mention the huge competition among the leadership for the best looking clothes, even facelifts.

contending,
I see and agree with your points, not only about the evangelists you've mentioned but many others as well. It is my personal conviction not to contribute to what I perceive to be 'prosperity' ministries. I don't agree with what they prioritize and teach either, and that is money. Its always hard to judge if these evangelists are well intentioned or not, or if they are misled or perpetrating the misleading. Whatever the case may be, I use my own beliefs about what is 'prosperity' and what isn't, to guide me.
There are many 'prosperity ministry' followers out there, no one seems immune to the 'get rich quick' bug that's been going around for the past few millenia, I don't imagine we're going to find a cure for it anytime soon either.

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Date: February 28, 2007 01:34AM

ON2 LF Thank you for your much more balanced reply. I needed that. I have seen too much. May I ask you what you think of those that work for Joyce''s ministry and really feel that they are serving the Lord and doing His will? Obviously, I know MANY and I wonder what to think, I also want to make sure I walk in love with them. Would you say anything at all to them? I know I can be wrong too...perhaps I am....but as you say, I cannot support the prosperity teachers in any way any longer.

What would you do if many of these people were friends of yours? What I expresed before was anger/but its real root is tears and heartache for what they cling to...SO much emphasis on the best clothing, houses, even plastic surgery...at the cost of so much, they work so hard and its for this present world. Their role model (s) tell them they can have it all; if they have and exercise their faith. The ministry is run very controlled and all business, these people work hard. So hard, so busy, that I wonder if they have time to really "see" what the word actually says?

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 28, 2007 08:03AM

Someone else started this thread last year...

[board.culteducation.com]

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Date: February 28, 2007 09:04AM

Hope, thank you for making me aware of the previous postings concerning Joyce Meyer Ministries. I am sorry that I raked up a bunch of old stuff, but I am grateful that it has been addressed. It is now 2007 and things continue to go on with her ministry as before. I suppose it comes as no surprise that I live near her 'facilities' here in St.Louis, and daily watch as she prospers in every way, where the lowest part of the pyramid crumbles....but there's always another layer of people so ready to be "used" for the Lord...forgive me, but...lord. It never ceases to grieve me that so many people are so deceived. Joyce and her family live so far above the Dream Center and surrounding areas, there are so many poor in that area alone in her city--so why all the huge amounts spent on huge missions even now being planned for other areas of the world? Why indeed :(

Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: February 28, 2007 03:39PM

May I ask you what you think of those that work for Joyce''s ministry and really feel that they are serving the Lord and doing His will? Obviously, I know MANY and I wonder what to think, I also want to make sure I walk in love with them. Would you say anything at all to them? I know I can be wrong too...perhaps I am....but as you say, I cannot support the prosperity teachers in any way any longer.

I am too far removed from that situation to answer your question. All I can really say to your concerns is, you have got to walk your own walk according to what you believe. If you have concerns with a situation and cannot change it, walk away. What others do is not something to lose your faith or sanity over. If any of those you speak of were my friends, I would tell them what I believed to be truth and what isn't truth. The rest would be up to them.
Neither you nor I can force anyone to see our point of view and live accordingly. Freewill is not something for anyone to manipulate or control in others. When you see people doing that to others, you know what side of the truth they're walking on and if you don't approve, you cannot become one of those people. No matter how difficult it is to watch someone you care about, running at full speed down a dead end road, you cannot force them to stop. You can only be there after the crash.

Re: Joyce Meyer Ministries
Posted by: golfer6716 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 02:18AM

Joyce is just another false prophet that seems to be the norm in the Body of Christ today. If God judges America, I fear he is going to start with all the fake ministers and the American Church of today that Preach Jesus and salvation as long as you join a church and Give, give, give. so sad

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.