Scientology > Narconon > Adolescent Treatment Facilities
Posted by: naughtmoses ()
Date: April 18, 2013 12:34PM

Has anyone out there ever run into any adolescent treatment facilities called "Benchmark" or "Benchmark Transitions?" The one I've run into is staffed with "ACSTH Certified Life Coaches," as well as a pair of "neurofeedback therapists." ACSTH certifications are provided by an outfit HQ'd on Hollywood Boulevard in the same building as the Scientology Museum; the certs are also known to be tied to Narconon. Neurofeedback is =not= "Biofeedback." It's rather like E meter stuff. I'm wondering if there are Benchmark or BT facilities elsewhere in the US.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scientology > Narconon > Adolescent Treatment Facilities
Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:48PM

The website with the most information about Benchmark Transitions, formerly Benchmark Young Adult School, is http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/index.html]here[/url] (full disclosure, it's my website, I was sued over this website, but I won). There is also a subforum of fornits.com dealing with Benchmark Transitions / Benchmark Yong adult School (click for link). Sadly, there hasn't been a lot of information posted about Benchmark in the past few years, and I think that's partly to do with the chilling effects of the lawsuit (even though I won), but there are still people willing to talk about Benchmark if you look.

If you're interested in a possible connection between Benchmark and Scientology, I can't rule that out, but I can't confirm it either. Most of Benchmark's roots come from Synanon indirectly (through CEDU), and they had some LGAT's derived from both est and LifeSpring, but i'm unaware of any other influence. I will say that around the same time as my lawsuit they stopped calling their counselors "counselors" and started calling them "life coaches". I'm not sure where they were trained as I watched this very closely for a while. It is possible they were trained where you say. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:52AM

It appears the link I posted broke due to the forum's auto-formatting of urls. Try this link instead.
I really should get a new domain for my website. Apple shut homepage.mac.com down a while ago and since then I've been relying on archive.org to do the hosting.

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: March 08, 2015 04:59AM

This is an old thread but I have wondered about the Narconon centers and what they are teaching kids. Anyone know any new information about them or run into anyone who was a part of it? They is one in the town I grew up in.

How to find recent info on narconon
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 09, 2015 05:00AM

How to find recent info on narconon.

Go to the homepage of Culteducation dot com

A search slot is in the upper right hand corner.

Any topic you are interested in -- put it in that search slot.

Run a google search on that same topic and compare results.

Posted by: LaurenRose ()
Date: March 10, 2015 03:36AM

Thanks, Corboy. Interesting info, once again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.