Reporter working on a story about Dahn...
Posted by: journo ()
Date: February 21, 2006 04:19AM

I'm a reporter looking into Dahn yoga clinics...

Is there anyone out there who would like to speak to me? Any former instructors? Former students?

I can be reached at PHILOSTRATO2 at HOTMAIL dot COM or you could send me a private message through this site.

There will be no need for me to print your real name in the story.

Please contact me and I'd be happy to provide you with more information.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Reporter working on a story about Dahn...
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 21, 2006 01:36PM

I have spoken with this reporter personally by phone and would recommend that anyone interested in sharing their story do so.

Re: Reporter working on a story about Dahn...
Posted by: great dane ()
Date: December 13, 2007 01:39AM

Hi yes I had a very recent experience with Dahn Yoga (Illinois) DAHN YOGA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOGA!!!! They "LOVE BOMB" you at each class. You have to hug everyone. I was at only my second class when I was pressured to sign up for a workshop which cost $98. I did not sign up but later the master talked with me when no one else could hear and told me he would give me the workshop for FREE! He is charging some people $98 and some are getting it free. Nothing is free. I still said "no" that I could not attend and he did GET MAD but tried not to show it. I never got a chance to talk with the other students (small talk) because after class we are all encouraged to sit with the master and have tea. So we are all telling him how great the classes are but we never get a chance to REALLY find out what people are really thinking. When we leave the business we again have to bow are heads and hug everyone and "smile." I had a "gut feeling" all along how uncomfortable I was and I wanted out. I did lose money but at least I signed up for only a month. I saw the PRICE LIST only ONCE and it was around $1,200 for a year contract. $600-680 for the 6 month agreement. around $400 for a 3 month contract and I paid $225 for a 1 month contract. When I took Korean martial arts it was NEVER LIKE THIS. Your learned you routines and tested and eventually your "GOAL" was to become a black belt. At this place they never want you to go away. But this is exactly what people do. Almost all the people I met in the few classes I went to were NEW MEMBERS just like me. People eventually figure it out though. Because it gets way too expensive. But they get ripped off and no one else finds out about it until they rope someone else in the door. You are NOT allowed to "record anything" or "video tape anything." You sign a agreement to never "tell anyone the things that you learned" in class due to an anti competition clause. Something like that. Be careful if you wear a WIRE because they will pound on your chest and touch you in areas on your body during you "energy check" GOOD LUCK thanks for reading

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.