Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Watching the Jehovah Witness cult in recruiting action
Posted by: Rmorgan ()
Date: November 22, 2005 11:53PM

If no numbers have been gathered specifically, then how can you categorize the group as "pretty extreme"? The articles themselves give some numbers. However, 2.54 per 1000 to me is not representative of the whole group. Can you give me facts that support your statement of JW's being a "pretty extreme group," unless the word group means another thing to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 23, 2005 12:02AM

Anyone that clicks on the links above can easily understand why Jehovah's Witnesses has a history of being considered an extreme group.

Seems like you are here only to obfuscate and/or act as an apologist for the Witnesses.

You don't appear to be seriously interested in any of the facts reported by journalists in article after article or the research gathered and linked above.

As reported there is a significant problem with JWs concerning mental health deaths related to the refusal to accept blood transfusions and court cases regarding child custody etc.

The articles reflect the extremist positions of JWs historically.

Posted by: Rmorgan ()
Date: November 23, 2005 07:05AM

Seems like you have a hard time answering the question actually given. To keep it simple, when you said "pretty extreme group," did you mean all JW's on the planet? If not, do you mean the majority? Answer those questions and we can go from there.

Date: November 23, 2005 07:57PM

Ask and answered.

Read the links.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: November 30, 2005 12:46AM

In support of Rick, one example of extreme Jehovah behavior is that tremendous numbers of Jehovah cult members are to be found throughout the NYC subway system, holding up their cultic magazines and staring people down in an attempt to recruit them for hours on end, day after day. Subway stations are meant for transportation, NOT for cult recruitment. Their presence creates a very intimidating environment, as well as a physical danger to other passengers, since they take up scrarce space in the stations that is needed by other passengers.

Matt in NYC

Posted by: pianoart62 ()
Date: December 17, 2005 04:22AM

I was disfellowshipped from JW's 30 yrs ago. Have attended several other churches over the years, and have had a difficult time finding "christians" who are as committed, or dedicated as Jehovah's people. "Christians" coming to churches in jeans etc, with coffee cups and food in their hands during service? Respect ?? Hardly.
Example: 200 people might attend a Sunday morning worship service at a "church". Probably 30 show up for Sunday School. Sunday evening services? Probably 50... Wednesday night Bible Studies... very few.
I do not remember seeing things like that at the kingdom hall. Hopefully, I can someday build up the courage to return to the "Hall" and work on reinstatement. I certainly do not agree with the Witnesses' stand on d/f . It's humiliating etc... although I understand why it happens.

Date: December 17, 2005 04:47AM

It's sad to think you actually want to go back.

Regardless of how formal they may dress and their level of commitment, the organization has a horrible history.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Note the links to ex-JW Web sites.

For example [www.freeminds.org]

Posted by: Texas Christian ()
Date: December 17, 2005 07:23AM

The recruiters here seem to be on our street knocking on doors *all the time.* It doesn't seem to matter how often you tell them you aren't interested, they're back the next week if not sooner. I used to be nice and take their magazines from them hoping to just get them to go away. Now I usually don't bother to answer the door at all if I realize who it is in time. The only good thing I can think of that comes from the JW is that as their stance on rejecting blood transfusion has become more popular and accepted by society, it has led to a lot of research being done on how to perform surgery with less bleeding and thus less need for blood transfusion as well as substitutes for blood products. This research no doubt can save lives when blood supplies are short but it is sad that it had to come about because these people would rather watch their children die than give them a transfusion.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: December 18, 2005 05:29PM

If a member of a cult is harassing you, try sending this Cease and Desist Letter/Order to them and the local police to establish a paper trail. This one has been used extensively against the Opus Dei cult:

[www.crcnyc.net]
This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your and the Opus Dei cult's harassing and intimidating actions against my fellow Catholics and I has become unbearable. Such anti-social behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. This letter is to demand that your and the Opus Dei cult's continuing involvement in, planning and encouragement of, high-pressure recruitment, information gathering, harassment and intimidation must CEASE AND DESIST immediately. Should you and the Opus Dei cult continue to pursue these activities in violation of this CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, we will not hesitate to pursue further legal action against you and the Opus Dei cult, including, but not limited to, civil action and/or criminal complaints.

Matt

Posted by: m.t.hall ()
Date: March 18, 2006 01:16AM

Well I went to the kingdom hall for a year now. I'll have to say there are pros and cons.

Things I just couldn't swallow,
When someone is disfellowshipped no one is allowed to talk to them, not even family, are there those who have committed suicide because of this??????

The Truth???

I really don't like to hear anything were someone is saying they are the better!!! Soon as I hear that I know there is a problem! IE, the jews are the ones going to heaven because they live were it all happened. JW's are the only ones going to make it to the new world and all others will be destroyed. I even have a friend who is a JW, and he has mental problems, well he thinks he would be better off commiting suicide because then he has a chance of being resurrected, than now because he is unable to live up to there goals, now that is scarry!!!!!

I pretty much quit this year. The lady that recruted me had called me on the phone a week ago, Im going thru some real problems, physically, and financially, also loosing a dear pet. She on one hand tells me to pray, then on the other hand tells me god really only does work to help what needs to be done for his purpose to be carried out. So I say, why pray, if god didnt do anything about the 3y old girl rapped and murdered down the street by her father, then my problems are mute. I also told her I really don't think I want anything to do with the new world, heaven or what ever u want to call it!!!! So she says ur for satan then, I said no, im not out raping murdering sealing or anything else, she says ur either for god or satan, I said then im for nobody, Ill just sit here and wait for the end, and if the future includes people in it I want nothing to due with it, please just put me back like I was before I was born. Have heard nothing back yet.

Then there is one other thing, I met this woman as a friend, we would spend hours talking on the phone, every now and then she would ask me the time, finally I asked her why she keeps asking me the time, she says she needs to keep track because she is counting it as field service. LOL now that really made me feel special!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.