Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Analyzing the data....
Date: October 17, 2007 11:58PM

Dear Zeusor,

Thank you for the articles....I had not seen any of the Medowie Christian coverage....As I have noted in earlier pages, it says a lot (IMO) that in the early days of the "erstwhile Christians" (a much more apt title for them than their current moniker, I do think!)....David was never able to attract anyone his age into the group....it was always young people who were his junior by some 15 years or more......(....naturally it's much easier to impress those who have had little experience in life from which to judge you in the first place)....David tried to explain this away with snide references to others his age being "old bottles" (...another of the parables of Christ that David was able to twist to his advantage, after picking it "his" interpretation of it up from his time in the Children of God....)

Anyone David's age, was, of course, quickly able to see through him, hence the lop-sided age distribution range in the erstwhile Christains that persists to the current day......the compostion of the Kingdom of God we would anticpate NOT to be skewed mathematically (for say age, gender or race)....but the Kingdom of David, cannot help but reflect the sole abnormal value lying well outside the central age trendency of "raw easily impressionable youth"...

By the rivers of Babyon....

Options: ReplyQuote
You're welcome
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 18, 2007 03:43AM

Younger people are more naive and easier to manipulate.

That's why I always say that I view DM as a type of pimp, a chicken hawk, a spiritual back-alley pervert.

Get this: Glenn just told me that he wishes that I'd kill myself. Now THAT's htting below the belt! Even I never went THAT far!

[welikejesus.com]

DM advocated Pred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church
Date: October 18, 2007 04:03AM

With people like this (backers of and admirers of the likes of Phred Phelps) in your corner, David, I'd be worried about my credibility. When they are praising Westboro Baptist and talking about sending them money, it makes you look bad. That has got to be the most hateful and mean-spirited group of people this side of the Klan. Talking about Westboro in a positive manner or being associated as sympathizers of theirs makes you look real real bad.

Re: Analyzing the data....
Date: October 19, 2007 10:23AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Dear Zeusor,

Thank you for the articles....I had not seen any of the Medowie Christian coverage....As I have noted in earlier pages, it says a lot (IMO) that in the early days of the "erstwhile Christians" (a much more apt title for them than their current moniker, I do think!)....David was never able to attract anyone his age into the group....it was always young people who were his junior by some 15 years or more......(....naturally it's much easier to impress those who have had little experience in life from which to judge you in the first place)....David tried to explain this away with snide references to others his age being "old bottles" (...another of the parables of Christ that David was able to twist to his advantage, after picking it "his" interpretation of it up from his time in the Children of God....)

Anyone David's age, was, of course, quickly able to see through him, hence the lop-sided age distribution range in the erstwhile Christains that persists to the current day......the compostion of the Kingdom of God we would anticpate NOT to be skewed mathematically (for say age, gender or race)....but the Kingdom of David, cannot help but reflect the sole abnormal value lying well outside the central age trendency of "raw easily impressionable youth"...

Good point, Malcolm. David, why is it that you always seem to surround yourself with people who are much younger than yourself? It makes you look real suspiciou, like a chicken-hawk or something. Do tell...

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 19, 2007 10:53AM

I think the analysis of why mostly young people join the JCs has to include the notion (from the other thread) that they are seeking a father figure. Suppose that many of the JC acolytes are from "disfunctional" backgrounds (disfunctual in this context is pretty sparse). Anyway, I think many cultish groups are led by older, father figure types and these "communities" mostly attract "young" people.

....living up to the hype??
Date: October 19, 2007 11:07PM

Dear Jack,

(.....do you have access to any more of those humorous parodies of the Jesuschristian tracts???...I really enjoyed the last one!!) "Freedoms" that are never seen to be exercised obviously don't exist....

Have any more parents been made welcome to visit their children that you know of? Didn't David make a great deal out of the "access" that he claims friends and family have to their children in the JesusChristians.....I can't think of any recent visits that have been "approved" of, of late....

Another nice attempt at "hype" to better sell the unpalatable truth to whoever may be vulnerable enough to afford David some credibilty.....???

Date: October 23, 2007 09:49AM

hello
zeuszor
hello
What McKay promotes is called " spiritual addiction".

Please elaborate.

Hi Zeusor!
As Dr. Margaret Paul writes
" Spiritual addiction occurs when people use their spiritual practice as a way to avoid dealing with and taking responsibility for their feelings. ANYTHING that is used to avoid feelings and taking responsibility for feelings becomes an addiction- whether it is alchohol, drugs, food, TV, anger, withdrawal.....meditation ( prayer). "
This is why the JC's will never meet you in person- you would want to communicate with them in a way that involved ' feelings'. If a JC were to admit their feelings- and recognise yours- they would be forced to take personal and collective responsibility for their actions. Therefore it's much easier for them to remove the stimuli. You- for example- are a threat to their denied selves. This is why- as a group- and individually they lack empathy- and the feelings of others are projected by the JC's as both excessive and incredibly frightening.

Hope that makes things clearer. :)

David McKay's ideas about theology and "revolution and Kindergarten ideas. His message is "There's a revolution for Jesus in progress. Forsake all and join us. Join us or f**k you." This message is especially appealing to the naive , idealistic, and rebellious youth.

It's as if DM fancies himself to be the "leader" of some Christian version of The Weather Underground, revolutionaries for Jesus and all that. The End Times prophet, seer, revelator, and our protection from the infidels, whom the JCs expect to gleefully slay someday.

Obviously DM has principally molded himself after David Berg. You can see many elements of the COG/Family reflected in the JCs, along with elements of the Roberts Group/Brethren and the Jesus Army. DM's influences are many.

A close inspection of DM, his character and background reveals a portrait of a warped, frustrated old man, a relic, a fossil (I'll betcha that when David farts, a little bit of dust shoots out of his butt) whose glory days are behind him, despite his best efforts to cling to past "glory." Grow up, David.

Date: October 23, 2007 10:23AM

CORRECTION

David McKay's ideas about theology and "revolution" are Kindergarten ideas. His message is "There's a revolution for Jesus in progress. Forsake all and join us. Join us or f**k you." This message is especially appealing to the naive , idealistic, and rebellious youth.

Date: October 23, 2007 11:18AM

It is a matter of balance with respect to Scriptural interpretation and its application in daily life, and an absence of that balance that begins to trigger a dysfunctional, compulsive religious addiction. That is what separates a religious person from a spiritual addict. That's what I basically see as the JC's main theological error: a lack of balance. All judgment, no mercy

...Hello, hello, hello....
Date: October 30, 2007 08:12PM

Dear Zeusor,

I think Hello captured the contrainess of it all, when she pointed out that JesusChristians don't actually seriously listen to anyone....any conversation with them is simply "exposure" as far as they are concerned...they do not really respect anyone outside of their community, they are simply looking to psychologically profile people, and them persuade them in whatever fashion that they can, that whatever they are engaged in, is completely worthless, unless it is centered on the JesusChristian community (and the "center" of themselves, being either David or a David approved clone)

Its significant to note these days that the Jesuschristians almost never quote the Bible or speak of Christ on their website (you can run a key word check on this if you like) the overwhelming issue of the moment for them, and to which they devote most of their postings is David....quoting him, defending him, telling the world how "good" a guy he really is despite our contemptible maligning of him....

Really, the sooner they fully throw the Bible away altogether , the more energy they'll have to devote to what is obviously formost in their lives, anyway....

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.