Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Not sure if these guys are a cult...advice requested
Posted by: knotty ()
Date: January 01, 2015 12:19PM

Any group that claims to have special access to some otherwise unobtainable truth has ulterior motives in my opinion. As a cult survivor, this is the same kind of crap the cult leader used on us to lure in those who were in an unsure spot in their lives, thus were more susceptible to mind control. Always beware of someone who claims to have all the answers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: January 09, 2015 02:13PM

The bit in the beginning of the statement, where it says you'll lose everything you read if you don't take the next step, IN FACT you'll be worse off than if you'd never read the book, sounds like a chain letter that threatens dire consequences if you don't forward it to 6 friends. Frankly, the whole thing sounds like a variation of a chain letter scam.

Posted by: broadman ()
Date: January 25, 2015 12:15PM

Hi I feel the same about "Higher Balance Institute" Guru Eric Pepin. Their site called hbi galaxi looks ok, but I have found so much other stuff about Eric Pepin and it it so very expensive for all the stuff, I mean thousands. Membership every month is over $250.00.I couldn't possibly afford to buy the gold colored boxes ( brass)imbued with his essence that he sells. The ones with his Essenes are $20,000 each. The cheaper ones are not gaurenteed to get any essence. Do spiritual gurus really need to charge so much. I keep asking myself. But of course we keep paying it and some. The meditation modules are an endless money pit and do your brain in. Should I shoulnt I.
Eric Pepin and some followers will be in Australia in February staying through to March. Meeting previously recruited members and ready to recruit new members for nearly 4 weeks. He is visiting Sydney, Melboune, Uluru, and other places of power. Once under his control its hard for long term members to leave. What advise do you give me please?

Posted by: chlew ()
Date: February 02, 2015 06:59PM

Hi, I'm researching the way cults change their members psychology in my EPQ, if anyone would feel comfortable answering 10 questions about their own/ someone they know's experience in a cult please fill out my survey: [www.surveymonkey.com]. There is no registration required its free and everyone will be able to remain 100% anonymous. This would be so helpful to my research, thank you!!!

Posted by: whatevahs ()
Date: February 26, 2015 04:19AM

Hi Darlak,

My advice: Don't just hear what you want to hear, listen carefully.

I'm always amazed how things that are so seemingly harmless can actually be the most harmful of all. People who think they're trying to "help" scare me more than the people who straight up let you know they aren't.

There's always a grain or kernel of truth in most people's teachings or books, otherwise people would see through it right away. So what they are actually trying to spoon-feed you is more hidden, harder to see.

Anyway, that's just my two cents!

Date: February 26, 2015 08:58AM

Hi Darlak,

My advice: Don't just hear what you want to hear, listen carefully.

I'm always amazed how things that are so seemingly harmless can actually be the most harmful of all. People who think they're trying to "help" scare me more than the people who straight up let you know they aren't.

There's always a grain or kernel of truth in most people's teachings or books, otherwise people would see through it right away. So what they are actually trying to spoon-feed you is more hidden, harder to see.

Anyway, that's just my two cents!

Some things to read
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 26, 2015 09:08PM

Date: February 27, 2015 02:07AM

Not sure why my post came up twice up there?!

Date: February 27, 2015 09:33AM

Hi Broadman, I just was reading more here and saw what you were saying about "Higher Balance Institute" Guru Eric Pepin. Have you heard more about him? He sounds like an interesting fellow, albeit expensive to follow, lol.

I was wondering if you had any more things to share, or if you had any more experiences with this group.

Thanks!

Date: February 27, 2015 10:01AM

Also, just generally, I'd have to say I agree with MissyK, that maybe it's a chain letter thing. But actually, it's more reminiscent of phishing. You know, where they basically just send a standard letter out to people and see who bites. It's becoming more and more common.

Although, admittedly this is the first one I've seen with this slant-- has anyone else had experience with this sort of thing?

They're getting really good at their phishing scams...

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.