Current Page: 12 of 17
Set Free and Phil Aguilar
Posted by: cencoastsurfer ()
Date: February 27, 2007 08:32AM

Interesting. This is the Phil Aguilar I knew when I was going to grammar school when I used to hang out with his younger brother back in the 1970's. Drunk, violent, and worldly. People who fake their conversion, and use it for worldly and monetary gain cannot hide it for long. "Be sure your sin will find you out". I also find it amazing that a "Pastor" would have church in a bar with drinking and scantily clad women running around. Church of Corinth? Hum. I was just in town and I was searching to find out what had become of Phil Aguilar, and did a google search. I was not suprised at what I found. Phil has never changed.

Just a born again Christian

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 22, 2007 05:42AM

To Jeff and others:

I have to agree with Jeff. It seems that you have an agenda against Phil. I know that certain things cannot be posted on this board and are weeded out by moderator. This message probably will be too.

Jeff, I wish your email was available because I'd love to email you. It's not listed on your profile. I want to tell you that there's no argument that ever wins in this situation, and you'll never be able to defend yourself. There will always be a come back against you.

Again I say after all I've read that I, and yes, I can only speak for myself, but I had a wonderful experience at Set Free. Quite literally it changed my life and has led me to where I'm at today. I'm not in a traditional organized church and it's certainly not a cult. But I don't dare breathe the name of my church because I'm afraid there'd be an agenda against that as well.

Were I'm at we also don't have bylaws or doctrines or even a board. We don't even have a statement of faith. We are all born again Christians in love with the Lord.

Set Free has always been and will ever remain a part of my Christian journey that changed me forever in a good way.

I'm so sorry to those of you that were hurt and I hope you find healing.

Date: March 23, 2007 08:11AM

What happened to to set free Huntington Beach?

Date: March 26, 2007 07:44AM

When accusations started coming against Phil Aguilar, the Pastor felt it necessary for the sake of the congregation to change our name. That does not speak to the accusations whether they are true or not. We simply felt it best to change our name and disassociate with them. We still continued in the things that we learned there. People spontaneously moved to the city on their own and we continued meeting in homes and the pastor kept his house open 24/7. We did not spend our time talking about it, backlashing or backbiting. I was amazed that we kept the unity and continued moving forward in our faith. Looking back it was a real miracle that none of it held any of us back. Eventually the pastor and his wife moved to a different state and the new church that stemmed from Set Free called 24/7 had moved since last I'd been out to visit.

Date: March 26, 2007 07:58AM

I have nothing else to say but that I really love your screen name! It's so cute. Enjoy your day :lol:

Date: March 27, 2007 07:24AM

What happened to Jeff And Christina Seymour?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 01, 2007 12:36AM

onesharingthetruth:

"Set Free" and Phil Aguilar have a long history of serious complaints and problems, which has been well documented through press articles, litigation, court records and within the book by Evangelical sociologist Ronald Enroth titled "Churches That Abuse."

See [www.amazon.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Aguilar has no meaningful accountability, which has been tacityly if somewhat cryptically acknowledged and discussed on this thread.

That is "Set Free" has no democratically elected church government and meaningful financial transparency through annually published and audited reports that disclose all salaries, compensation and expenses.

Instead "Set Free" is run more like the Aguilar family business, despite its tax-exempted religious/charitable status.

Posted by: wizeone ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:33AM

Jeff Seymour
He who is without sin cast the first stone
I was involved with a church that is similar to set free. And the one thing I've discovered since I've been out and encountered his followers, is that they have very similar arguments. They are not able to argue what I am saying, so they resort to emotional attacks and mis quoted scripture

Also it disgusts me that Christians have such a shabby set of standards. If I practiced in my secular job the same way that many Christian leaders conduct themselves, I would be facing disciplinary action not to mention the very real possibility of not being able to practice in my chosen field ever again

Yet in Christian circles we not only tolerate it, some of us will actively seek to defend shonky practices.

One of the many reasons why I came to the conclusion the problem wasnt just me in my old church, was I began talking to old members (who had left) and they were telling me my story, they had left because of experiencing the same things I was experiencing

Its possible, that one person could be a malcontent with an axe to grind about how they were treated, or weren't treated. But when multiple people can come out with similar stories about how they were treated, or mistreated at this church, I tend to think that there is very likely a large elemnt of truth in what is being said.

I will say this Jeff, no one ever said that you had to agree with, or even like what you read here, but as the mod has said already, you are free to vote with your feet. By trying to insist that these people must be lying, or delusional, because that is not your experience, you are completely discounting their stories, and not giving them the space that they need to recover from the trauma they have been through.

Which I am sorry Jeff, in my book, makes you no better than the people you are trying to defend. If you really want to be of assitance, allow these people their space to rant, their space to grieve for the loss they have suffered.

Date: April 04, 2007 09:14AM

I am still wondering what happened Jeff Seymour and his wife Christina........Does anyone know what happened to them or where they are today???????

Posted by: XLionheartX ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:16AM

Phil aguilar has found himself on you tube. See for Yourself.

[www.youtube.com]

Violence, guns, weapons, drunken fighting, & strippers are all on display. This doesn't look like Christian behaviour to me. I would like to comment: It seems to me that Phil has slowly warmed himself by the enemy's fire for so long, that now he dosen't even notice the flames of his own flesh burning. He is so deluded by sin, that now he boasts about it on the internet, and can't even see how wrong it is.

Current Page: 12 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.