Current Page: 8 of 17
Set Free and Phil Aguilar
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 30, 2006 07:58AM

Thanks for making it clear how "Set Free" is set up.

I never said that the group is a "cult," though it does seem to be borderline and personality-driven.

IMO "Set Free" is destructive church with a troubled history of serious complaints, essentially set up as a dictatorship.

Anyone objectively reading this thread can make out what was said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus freak ()
Date: October 01, 2006 04:25AM

kcross, you said,

the accusations that you people lodge against phil aguilar in specific, and set free in general, are ludicrous. with a show of hands how many of you can attest to having attended a single service much less have shared your lives with these people. the scope of power you claim phil exerts over his ministry is enormous, far beyond the reach of many very infamous cult leaders. to be frank some of the stories are just, for lack of a better word, silly. furthermore no one ever calls into question the veracity of those claiming to be wronged or victimized by set free.

Show of hands? Can you see both my hands in the air? Why do I not use my name? Can you see both my hands in the air? That's why I don't use my name. Because I do know these people and I know what they are capable of. It's clear to me that you do not know them as well as you claim you do, or you are seeing them through clouded eyes. That's how his followers see him. They have their eyes on him "the man" and not on God. Their vision is clouded.

Non disclosure or non transparent finances does not prove this is a cult. I have spent a lot of time with some of the people who live in his homes. You know. The ones he takes in off the streets and out of the gutters to help. To teach them about Jesus and save them from Hell. Many of these people have criminal records, outstanding warrants or are on probation. As long as they obey phil's wishes they have a good place to avoid legal accountability. They become income for "Set Free' (Phil). They are sent out on jobs and the pay is negotiated by Phil and is paid directly to Phil. Actually their life is not much different from prison except that in prison they know when and where their next meal is coming from. Phil and his "Soldiers" goals are to break down the spirit of these people to the point that they become totally dependant on Phil. They are allowed to leave the house only with Phil's authorization. (Reread some of my previous posts). These people would never say anything negative about Phil. They would be out in the street, or worse. This is total mind and body control and that my friend does constitute a "[b:626b1b5a3b]CULT[/b:626b1b5a3b]" and Phil as the leader, as in "[b:626b1b5a3b]CULT LEADER[/b:626b1b5a3b]"

Oh you can leave there anytime you want to but you instantly become Phil's enemy than. He draws the line. Either you are totally with him or you are his enemy. A sinner, backslider, etc. No longer welcome in his Church unless of course you come back and humble yourself to him.

I am an adult who was introduced to this group by a person who is addicted to drugs. Oh I was very impressed right away at how plain and simple he made the word of God sound. How welcome and comfortable I felt in the Church and with the people. I saw how people loved this man and how everything they did and said in their lives revolved around him. I even got all involved in giving of myself and my finances very freely. Yes he is very charismatic. It took some time and some total Faith in God leading me, to see what was really happening. I asked God for answers and He gave them to me. He opened my eyes to see clearly.

They do not teach what "Repent" means. Only "confess". There is a big difference. As long as you are a supporter of Phil's he will support any lifestyle you live whether the Bilble agrees with it or not. His followers hear what they want to hear and not the real truth, What a great thing to be able to do what ever you like with your life and still be able to call yourself a Christian. This is filling people with false hope.

If you really know these people and this man, [b:626b1b5a3b]you know the truth[/b:626b1b5a3b]. Think about it, ([b:626b1b5a3b]the truth[/b:626b1b5a3b]) and be honest with yourself.

Date: October 19, 2006 03:13AM

If kcross who is defending phil is related to willie and hazel?

Posted by: phatkaw ()
Date: October 26, 2006 02:42AM

the truth is that phil has always preached JESUS, LOVE, AND FORGIVENESS, and that comes from personal experience. also for those of you who are replying to this subject, i assume are christians? if thats true then you ought to know that the word of GOD tells us to love even our enemy and if somehow phil has become your enemy then shouldn't you be loving him? also it tells us how can blessings and cursings come from the same fountain (mouth) you know the scripture i'm sure. if thats the case why do i hear so much condemnation? but hey, if i read it right, it was the religous (pharasees, saducees) who started the revolke against CHRIST himself. which makes me believe that if christ were to walk the earth today he would probably be crucified again. so with that "let him who is without sin cast the first stone" all i know is SET FREE was there with an open door when i needed it and built upon the spiritual foundation that had already been laid in my life. and for the person who said something to the effect of being sent out on jobs and phill being paid, i was made to get on GR (GENERAL RELEIF) when i was at VICTORY OUTREACH but was never asked to do nothing of the sort while at SET FREE but no one calls VICTORY OUTREACH a cult. come on guys if you have a problem with SET FREE (phil) or anybody else, shouldn't you be praying for them. 'LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH, PRAISE THE LORD"

Date: October 26, 2006 04:40AM

phatkaw:

Evangelists are accountable, as are elders and deacons according to the New Testament. And not just to God, but to each other and other believers (members of the church).

Paul was very critical and some would say harsh with leaders and others in Galatians. His criticism could be withering. And he blessed those that questioned him.

Please don't compare criticism of "Set Free" to opposing Jesus or crusifying Jesus. This is very insulting to most Christians.

Phil Aguilar has a troubled history personally as does his ministry, which is essentially run like a dictatorship or some would say "family business," despite its nonprofit tax-exempt status.

The New Testament does say that the Pharisees and Saducees didn't like being questioned, but Jesus and the apostles didn't seem to mind much.

If an evangelist, elder or deacon can be criticized and confronted so can Phil Aguilar. If Paul could question Peter an apostle, anyone can raise questions about "Set Free."

Date: October 26, 2006 11:41PM

moderator,
if questions is all your after, why don't you go ask phil.

Date: October 26, 2006 11:47PM

phatkaw:

Read the whole thread.

These issues have already been discussed.

There is no meaningful accountability at "Set Free."

If you don't like the way the Aguilars run the ministry you can only "vote with your feet" and leave.

Most ministries and churches have accountability through democratically elected church government and indendently audited and published detailed financial statements that disclose salaries and compensation.

"Set Free" has neither.

Date: October 27, 2006 12:29AM

moderator,
i did read the whole thread and have determined that you're just disgruntled about something. i'll pray for. our accountability is to the lord. don't forget "you must give an ACCOUNT of every idle word that proceeds out of your mouth"

question? have you ever been to setfree?

Date: October 27, 2006 12:34AM

I have no personal interest or involvement with "Set Free."

Because the group is controversial and has garnered bad press and complaints it is included within the database.

Thanks for the prayers.

I will pray for you too.

Posted by: XLionheartX ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:35AM

Make no mistake, Set Free is a vicious circle of abuse and treachery. I am disheartend by the defenders of this hellish man and his sons.
I will say, listen to what his detracters have said. from thier personal experiences they cite I know who they are. Phil & Sandra are sick, but thier kids are worse and very violent. Dave Mckay could take some pointers from Phil.
I too was a member of Set Free. For 17 years. Phil Aguilar and his Sons are dangerous, and the people who oppose him are very brave.
1) Phil uses "house Meetings" disguised as group therapy, to pubicly humiliate dessenters.
2) Phil also uses endeless hours of "blessings", degrading work do disabilitate, in his own words " You can't rock the boat, if your busy rowing."
2) Phil collects people as pets, and uses them. Even the destitute are of some value to him if you can water his lawn.
3) If you stand up to him or leave his flock, you are branded a backslider, or never really saved.
4) Phil or his sons contract "hits" on "rebelious sheep", really, beating the Sh@t out of people who stand up to him.
5) He has sex with the women who live on his "dicipleship homes"
6) He and all his sons have children born out of wedlock.

It's sick, the tender mercies he gives to those living with him, through his network of followers. He hides behind charitable acts, "filling his bank account", to keep his sheep around.

His cohorts own a bar, he beats his sheep, he is drunk every single day, and he is the ultimate authority of an outlaw motorcycle club posing as christians. Does that sound like a Pastor to you?
Any way, I feel I need to be of service and let anybody who is involved with him know: GET OUT!! If your kids are near him, SAVE THEM NOW, AND GET THEM OUT!

Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.