Christian based groups in Jersey City / Poconos
Posted by: helpme ()
Date: September 03, 2007 03:23PM

Does anyone know of any information on christian based groups or cults based out of a house church setting in Jersey City NJ or the Poconos. It has approximately 20 members, the leader is "Alex", and has something called elders. Meets every sunday at different houses and sometimes in the Poconos. It's been active for at least 7 years. Based on the "bible" and believes that the leader has the connection to god.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 03, 2007 08:40PM

Posted by: helpme ()
Date: September 04, 2007 02:54AM

I have gone to the website & looked at the warning signs, etc & I do that the group my sister is involved in is a cult group. She is also exhibiting many of the warning signs. She is very emotionless when we talk to her, almost like she's not really there. She doesn't return our calls unless we call her obsessively, athough he cell phone mailbox is now full & we can't leave any messages. We text her but even her writing is different from what we are used to, she used to test in mostly short cuts & now everything is spelled out & she is will her friend who has been in the non denominational christian group for a while. When she goes to worship is in a house that changes weekly but mostly it's in Jersey City & the Poconos. She says that they spend all day there & that they read the bible all day. She has only been going here for about 5 weeks but hasn't missed since she started. She was suppose to be my sons godmother but called me Saturday to say that this new christian religion doesn't allow her to go to another church & that her minister told her she shouldn't do it if she wants to be part of this group. She didn't even show up for the party afterwards & she has never missed a family event before. This friend told her that because of this religion he can't have sex or any type of fornication including kissing. I guess my question is what do now? I feel like she is slipping deeper into this everyday & we are losing communication with her and even when we do talk to her, she doesn't seem like she's really there. Any advise?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.