The Karma Foundation
Posted by: Happy1 ()
Date: August 07, 2007 10:28AM

I was wondering if anyone has come across "The Karma Foundation" - if one were to go onto its website one would think that it’s a charity-type organization with a ritzy address in Beverly Hills with its’ high-end clientele.

It is run by a young guy named Eric Stotz, and, under the "Karma Foundation" guise, recruits unknowing members at thousands of dollars of yearly membership.

The Karma Foundation at the surface seems to be quite an incredible set up, "where remarkable pay-it-forward people come together to expand their spheres of influence in sensational and elite social environments."

Not to be confused with karmafoundation.org, which is a non-for-profit organization, thekarmafoundation.com is an LLC where its' members are bilked thousands of dollars to support, first and foremost, the luxurious life of its' founder and the lavish “boys club-type” parties. For example, its’ latest advert:

“It’s Official - Kandyland II was the BIGGEST party ever at the Playboy Mansion with over 1,150 of the most gorgeous women and 700 of the coolest guys!”

Just digging deeper, one will see that "The Karma Foundation" has nothing to do with it’s name or its’ vision or mission from the website. Instead, it’s a group of locker room guys with some money to throw around for parties, cruises, etc.

To each their own, but I wanted to put this here just in case someone does a google search and know to think twice before joining this group. It's a shame because in its' core essence, bringing people together for the sake of creating a brothership is incredible. Instead, they send out e-mails like this:

“’Well, if you think that was a night to remember, then imagine three of those! The Kandy Kruise is almost here and it’s going to be the hottest three-day party this summer by far!

We have some of the greatest house, hip-hop and mash-up DJ’s coming including DJ Scribble (from Kandyland II @ Playboy Mansion) - the Kandy Kruise is set to rock day and night. We also have Playboy Comedy Tour in the showroom, Lounge shows with our Kandy dancers and a few surprise appearances to help make it a wild weekend!

The reason the ladies will be there... Ms. Kandy Fashion Competition, with a Brand New Mercedes, Clothing, Cash, and modeling contracts up for grabs - there will be beautiful ladies from all around the world (most of them from Kandyland). For you gents, besides watching the fashion contest, dancing and partying day and night at the pool, partying in the lounges, partying at the after hours there will even be a high stakes poker tournament with poker pros to win cash and prizes.

Staterooms are selling fast, so be sure to get yours now, before it is too late.

Go to www.KandyKruise.com , click on ‘Come Aboard’ (sign-up) and enter my exclusive code for friends and associates: ES1111

Don't be scared ;-) Email or call me if you have any questions (310) 938-5781.

I look forward to rockin' the high seas with you!

Eric Stotz
CEO, Karma Foundation
stotz@thekarmafoundation.com “

After immediately realizing its' existence is to elevate the recreational activities Eric Stotz and his friends at the expense of other members via their fees, I was extremely disappointed.

Options: ReplyQuote
The Karma Foundation
Date: September 01, 2007 12:53PM

Good day -

Having come across your post on this website today I am compelled to respond. I suppose you are a former Member of Karma who is quite dissatisfied with our services and/or events you've attended - that is a shame since we are fortunate to have a healthy renewal rate of Members who are pleased with Karma Foundation and what is offered.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and welcome to voice concerns/cares/issues in any forum you wish, but I am concerned that you posted my phone number and personal email online - if you would kindly edit that out from your post I would greatly appreciate it.

To clarify one point you made about Karma existing to "support, first and foremost, the luxurious life of its' founder" - that couldn't be further from the truth. I founded Karma to do exactly what the mission/vision/values portray. Revelry brings out the best in us and I do like to have a good time just like the next guy but I do not live a luxurious and lavish life as you suggest. I live in a modest home in the suburbs and rarely go out into the "scene".

It pains me to know that there are people out there as unhappy as you with something I've created for the benefit of all involved. If you are open to the idea, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and hopefully improve your experience of Karma Foundation.

As you are aware, we have a cruise to Mexico coming up in a couple weeks - I would like to gift a $3,000 stateroom for you and a guest to come enjoy the cruise on me.

Please let me know if you would like to come on the cruise and if you are open to discussing your experience of Karma further. I am keen to show you a side of Karma which you have unfortunately not seen.

Thank you for your consideration and time.

Sincerely,

Eric Stotz

The Karma Foundation
Date: September 01, 2007 01:24PM

To the founder of Karma Foundation, LLC, Beverly Hills, CA.:

I will preface this by stating this is my opinion.

In its truest form, a group calling themselves

The Karma Foundation
would not conjure up thoughts of Playboy Mansion Parties and Gambling. As a matter of fact, I am sure there are many Buddhist monks that would look at what your are doing and frown upon the fact you are taking a word connected to their religion and doing what you are doing with it...it is simply misleading.

It's like Hansel and Gretel and the Candy House...or in your case Kandy House where you lure unsuspecting individuals by using

giving

girls
and selling sex and gambling for ultimately your own personal gain. Because ultimately, the buck stops at you.

Do you know what Karma is?

By the exercise of his own Karma, a man can exercise control, crushing the covetousness, malevolence and harmfulness leading to rebirth

Let's take your Karma Gambling Site:

The Buddha taught that suffering and dissatisfaction stem from craving - to eliminate suffering, one must eliminate craving. Gambling seems to be an activity that strengthens craving and therefore can never bring lasting satisfaction. It is said to cause avarice, unpleasantness, hatred, deception, cheating, wildness, lying, and senseless and harsh speech. This is the karma YOU are putting out into the world!

The healthy alternative to gambling is giving. When we gamble we aim to acquire more for ourselves. Through giving, however, we aim to offer more to others. One leads to a feeling of emptiness despite whatever short-lived thrill we might experience, the other to a feeling of contentment.

The sexual exploitation of women, walking around naked with only body paint covering up the genitalia

Again, connecting this with the word

(which people would connect with Buddhism): here is that of monks and nuns who embrace the holy life fully and are therefore celibate, as was the Buddha. The reason for this is that sexual desire - which is seen to be deeply rooted - is an aspect of craving (the cause of suffering) which needs to be put aside once and for all on the path toward enlightenment.

Your organization, and its' founder, represent NOTHING that has to do with Karma, its' thoughts and beliefs.

It's very sad, because you could have gotten it right, the world would have been a better place. Instead your

Foundation
is common just like the masses and it does nothing to help humanity in a single huge way, the way it should. Giving sums of money here and there does not do the trick.

H1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.