Help please on SACRED SPACES and Jhadten Jewall of Canada
Posted by: Concerned-Lee ()
Date: August 06, 2007 08:12PM

I am new to this group and seek your help. I have read through this Forum and can only find a few items vaguely related to my query.

I have become concerned about a new friend of mine who is attending a very long excursion organised by a Canadian based "Guru" calling himself Jhadten Jewell and trading under the name Sacred Spaces.

I am the main contact for my friend back here in the UK; got a Text message every day for a few days, then nothing, even the voice mail is diverted. A mutual friend has also tried contacting another person on this trip and had no reply. I am suspecting that their mobile phones have been "confiscated" or that they have been told not to contact friends or home. There was no warning that the communication would stop or be requested to stop.

I knew my friend was into New Age stuff but didn't know anything about it or this trip in detail until I looked at the Web Site run by this man

[www.sacredspaces.net]

Looking at the description of the trip I began to realise that this seemed to me to be a lot more than just visiting "sacred sites", as there is talk of Children Of Light, Angels, Twin Flames, Energy, Channelling, etc, etc, and the mention of Cleansing sessions sounds more like brain-washing, or something. The sudden halt in communication early on has set off alarm bells for me.

The links from his web site make fascinating reading but the more I read the more I worry as a lot of the jargon/secret language now connects with things I have heard my friend say and objects in the house.

I care a lot about this intelligent and caring person and wonder if they are totally immersed in a New Age type of movement, worse still a Cult.

Advice and any information, please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Help please on SACRED SPACES and Jhadten Jewall of Canada
Posted by: Concerned-Lee ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:14PM

After a week, panic over! Not being a native of Canada I wasn’t aware that communications can be so poor even in some of the cities over there.

I have started research and self-education on this topic and already came to the conclusion that JJ is just another one of the self-styled prophets of the New Age Movement. Very cleverly marketing his beliefs and, I guess, doing rather well out of it! 

I did find the article ‘Bridging The Chasm Between Two Cultures’
[www.csicop.org]

by Karla McLaren as extremely useful reading and hope that she goes ahead with her intentions to write further about this topic and also start a web site (unless these have been done, but I cannot find either of them).

I’m off to try bridging a chasm myself! 

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.