A Short Guide to OSA Tactics on Wikipedia
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: June 14, 2007 02:38PM

[b:383eef361c]A Short Guide to Office of Special Affairs Tactics on Wikipedia[/b:383eef361c]

I found this here
[groups.google.com.mx]

And thought you'd all find it interesting:

[b:383eef361c]A Short Guide to Office of Special Affairs Tactics on Wikipedia[/b:383eef361c]

Anyone who wishes to understand the lunacy of Church of Scientology-
directed editors on Wikipedia should listen to the famous Monty Python
Argument Clinic.

Experience with these characters here has shown that:

They may pretend to not understand the topic of a discussion.

They may refuse to acknowledge the existence of verifiable data that
conflicts with their point of view.

They may falsely accuse you of a personal attack if you are able to
defend your position, after they attempt to bait you.

They may misrepresent Wikipedia policy and pretend their fabrications
are true.

They may attempt to change the subject of a thread if they have made a
foolish statement (not uncommon) and the discussion has gone against
them.

They may ally themselves with Wikipedia policy makers in an attempt to
change editing policy so as to make Scientology-related articles less
disreputable.

They may put nuisance comments on a discussion page, either overtly or
anonymously.

They troll discussion pages to stir up trouble.

The best solutions are to ignore or quickly end discussions with them
as their malicious intentions are to waste your time and/or provoke
you.

Incidentally, the two Office of Special Affairs (OSA) personnel
presently in charge of internet related operations are Gloria Idda and
Lynn Varney.

Thoughts ? Comments ?

Options: ReplyQuote
A Short Guide to OSA Tactics on Wikipedia
Posted by: Xenucide ()
Date: August 01, 2007 12:33PM

I know where this is from. I found it on the user page of a Wikipedia editor by the name of [b:35ce702b74]Fahrenheit451[/b:35ce702b74]. It was recently removed from his page, but an older version with the complete guidelines can be found here: [en.wikipedia.org]

Right below on the page, he gives an example of a debate with a Scientologist editor on Wikipedia who calls himself COFS:

A discussion with User:COFS

Just curious, COFS. How much data has been culled from your folders in answer to the question, "Have you done something that someone almost found out about?"--Fahrenheit451 02:31, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

None. That does not read ;-) COFS 02:36, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

You are not being truthful as OSA will not tell you what is culled and when. Your answer "That does not read" indicates some anxiety on the subject. Were you given a sec check by OSA to qualify to edit on wikipedia? --Fahrenheit451 02:43, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

You talking like a master psychologist. I can almost see you index finger hysterically waving around. However, you are making personal comments and not good ones. I'll let that slide and take one myself. The answer is "no". And I might comment that you are pretty lunatic to think that. Over and out. COFS 02:48, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

Are those images of my index finger hysterically waving around from an implant you have received? Where did that occur? Who would represent a master psychologist?--Fahrenheit451 03:02, 13 April 2007 (UTC)

In an interesting note, at the very bottom of the page, [b:35ce702b74]Fahrenheit451[/b:35ce702b74] gives a list of the IP addresses that this guy COFS edits from, and one of them, 205.227.165.244, is registered to the Chruch of Scientology itself (go onto the page, the first IP address at the bottom will have a link that takes you here:[en.wikipedia.org])

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.