The International Christian Tennis Association
Posted by: cultbuster31 ()
Date: February 01, 2005 11:27PM

International Christian Tennis Association: Christian Ministry?

International Christian Tennis Association (ICTA) president and founder, Mr. Scotty Paschal, has recently made a series of statements on his web site, found at [www.christiantennis.net] about America’s population being 10% ‘Satanic’ which need to be examined and addressed. In order to fully understand the previous statement, we need to examine Mr. Paschal’s statements about America’s population, determine what ‘Satanic’ actually means, and examine some claims made by Scotty Paschal to make a sound decision regarding him and his ministry.

Scotty Paschal makes this statement on his web site: " I know here in America over 90% of our population is Christian, yet the 10% who are not have organized, set their prejudiced agenda and have done such a good job that Christians have become afraid to speak about their faith! How does Scotty Paschal “know” this information that he has presented is accurate? How do 30 million people (1/10th of America’s estimated population), organize and set out to silence 270 million American people? Is this man saying that Christians in America aren’t speaking out about their faith and that he’s the only one who is?

He further goes on to state Well, I'm not so shy and I'm not at all concerned about hurting the feelings of a predjudiced satanic 10%. The International Christian Tennis Association claims to be in existence to follow Jesus Christ’s command to “make disciples of all nations”. Wouldn’t this include Jews, Buddhists, Muslims and Atheists that make up the 10% of Americans that Scotty Paschal calls Satanic? How is hurting the feelings of 10% of America’s population making disciples of Jesus Christ, as Jesus commands in Matthew 28:19? What actually convinces Mr. Paschal to believe that this non-Christian 10% are followers of Satan?

How do we determine what is ‘Satanic’? A simple definition of someone being satanic is someone who believes and follows Satan, just as a Christian believes and follows Jesus Christ. The Bible states in John 8:44 that Satan is the “father of all lies, for there is no truth in him”. Since Scotty Paschal claims to be a Christian, it’s probably safe to assume that Mr. Paschal’s description of someone being Satanic is someone “who has no truth in him” and is a follower of Satan. I think it’s now time to examine some claims made by Mr. Paschal to attempt to determine whom he really follows.

Here is a specific claim made by the ICTA on their web site and on other Christian web sites in the form of a ‘press release’.

ICTA Announces Official Partnership with WTA Tour Championships
Join us for ICTA Night, Nov 11!
Los Angeles, California, USA: The International Christian Tennis Association has formed an official partnership with the 2004 WTA Tour Championships. Join us November 11 for the official ICTA Night! ICTA is excited to be an official partner of this year ending $3,000,000 tennis event to decide the #1 WTA tennis player in 2004!
Contact ICTA to enjoy 1/2 price $38.50 tickets to the WTA Tour Championships during the official ICTA Night on November 11, 2004 at the Staple Center in Los Angeles California. Meet ICTA founder Scotty Paschal and ICTA sponsors, enjoy our 24-person event suite overlooking center court, watch the world debut on the Jumbotron screens of our official ICTA Promo Video and more!
Bring Your Tennis Friends and Join Us!
Contact your church, tennis club, friends, and relatives to invite them all to attend ICTA Night. They may contact ICTA on your behalf and purchase 1/2 price $38.50 tickets! Make it a fantastic evening of worldclass tennis!
You can support your ICTA's mission to spread the Gospel throught[sic] the sport of tennis by attending the WTA Tour Championships on the official ICTA Night, Nov 11. Wear your ICTA T Shirt, join us in our 24-person event suite, clap during the official ICTA Promo Video, and have a fantastic time of fellowship. Meet our International Christian Tennis Academy students!
The WTA denies any official partnership with the ICTA and Scotty Paschal. There was not an ICTA video on the Jumbotron to “clap” too. On this same ‘press release’ Scotty Paschal claims that the ICTA is a registered, IRS non-profit Christian ministry. The IRS says that it is not.

Scotty Paschal has claimed in the past to be in partnership with Michael and Carl Chang to promote Christian tennis. The Chang brothers deny this ‘partnership’ or any desire to or involvement with the ICTA or Scotty Paschal.

Scotty Paschal has claimed in the past to have been the General Manager of a Tennis club in Palm Coast, Florida, making 120,000 dollars per year and resigned to follow his dream of a Christian tennis ministry in 2003. The Palm Coast Club contends that Mr. Paschal was hired to clean the tennis courts at 8.50 per hour and was fired before his 90-day evaluation period was over for incompetence, intimidating members and dishonesty. More disturbingly, the police had to issue a non-trespass warning to Mr. Paschal and his staff after the Palm Coast Clubs employees and members complained of harassment and threatening behavior by Mr. Paschal and his staff, Rachel and Melody Snelen (who were also fired after they were found to be luring members of the Palm Coast Club to public courts in order to teach these members tennis lessons and keeping the money for themselves and the ICTA).

Mr. Paschal claims to be the owner of a high performance Christian tennis academy but refuses to give out the actual location of this academy and only names two players (Rachel and Melody Snelen) yet has claimed in the past to train 24 ATP/WTA players (which was proven false). This is the only tennis academy that I personally know of that refuses to name players coached or even the exact location of their academy.

The claims made above are just a sample of the many claims that Mr. Paschal has made about the ICTA and himself that have been proven to be ‘false’. (For a more detailed list of specific claims made by Scotty Paschal, see www.tennis.info/ICTA.asp). Is it now safe to assume that Scotty Paschal doesn’t tell the truth in regards to his person or his ‘Christian’ organization?

Scotty Paschal states that 10% of America is satanic and has an organized agenda against Christians. Scotty Paschal’s lifestyle is the exact Biblical definition of Satanic yet he claims to be a Christian and states on his web site “I want to travel to your country and talk with your youth group, church, school, or ministry about my experiences in dealing with controlling atheists and religions. This is exciting stuff and these are exciting times!" For an indication of how Mr. Paschal “deals” with people who disagree with his methods, please see [www.tennis.info]. Would you want this self-proclaimed ‘Christian’ with a lifestyle that’s 100% contradictory to the lifestyle he’s trying to promote speaking to your children as he claims he has a desire to do?

This is an organization that is accountable to no one. This organization refuses to name their place of worship or even a pastor for references when asked. Asked to validate their many claims, Mr. Paschal becomes evasive and highly defensive, giving the impression that they have something to hide (please see [www.tennis.info].)

It appears that the only thing Mr. Paschal isn’t afraid to do is make false claims about himself and his ministry, or to attack ‘ad hominem’, (smear campaigns against detractors). Mr. Paschal also claims to be an ordained minister yet refuses to name the date of or the organization that he claims ordained him. These claims are intended to give this man credibility in two worlds where ordinarily he wouldn’t have any and this is disturbing.

Mr. Paschal appears to be convinced that the God of the Bible needs Paschal to lie for Him, which he easily does to anyone and everyone. Mr. Paschal makes claims about himself that are untrue and yet claims to be a Christian. Mr. Paschal makes claims about his ministry that are untrue yet claims to be an ordained minister. Mr. Paschal claims to be Christian with his words, yet his deeds tell an entirely different story and that is one of deception, dishonesty and defamation. Mr. Paschal seems justified to do so because he claims to be a Christian and is accountable to no one.

This organization is accountable to no one and this needs to change. Their lack of accountability is the main reason that this organization and its staff continue to exist. I think it’s time for the 90% of Mr. Paschal’s America to stand up against this masquerader of the faith and let God take care of the other 10% that Paschal considers Satanic, don’t you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PastorBobKraft ()
Date: February 13, 2006 01:23PM

I am Pastor Bob Kraft, I would like to say thank you to the person who wrote this well researched article on Scott Paschal and the ICTA. I will write my own experiences this week, which will confirm much of what is written in this forum from cultbuster31 member and post additional information that I have. Again, to the person who wrote this thank you for taking the time to post it.

Date: March 07, 2006 11:13AM

On July 20, 2002 I received a polite letter from concerned parents of a junior player, asking questions about a supposed tennis academy and ministry known as 'International Christian Tennis Association". Here is that letter and reply.
Link: [pub32.bravenet.com]

I was glad to hear about this ministry and reviewed the ITCA website at that time, and have reviewed the site for the four years since. Having been in the tennis industry for over 30 years myself I was immediately concerned by the claims made on the website.

1. The Director of ICTA, Mr. Scott Paschal coached more WTA/ATP players than anyone in the world. The site claimed over 60 WTA/ATP professional players were currently coached by him and at this Christian tennis academy.

2. The ICTA had training academies in many locations around the world, including their training center in USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia and their main base in Arlington/Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. They did not list any addresses, phone numbers, exact locations or staff details however.
3. They claimed to be a Christian tennis ministry, but listed no church or other ministry affiliation.

4. They claimed to have reached one million people in the tennis world.

5. Photos of well-known world class tennis players, who are not known to be Christians taken with their staff. Justine Henin Hardenne photo (used without her permission, since removed) was prominently displayed. It appeared to be an effort to promote and give creditability to the site.

These are the latest posting as of on "International Christian Tennis Association'

Dated: Feb. 1, 2005: Cult Education Forum, The International Christian Tennis Association, Tennis Ministry? [board.culteducation.com]

Dated Nov. 30, 2005: Using God for either personal or professional gain is nothing new. In fact, there is a tennis organization called the International Christian Tennis Association that lies about themselves and uses exaggerations and false claims to lure adolescents to a tennis academy that does not even have 1 tennis court: [sonicbooms.blogspot.com]

Dated Feb. 18, 2005: Lying in the Name of Jesus: [www.faithwriters.com]

Dated March 1, 2006 International Christian Tennis Association (ICTA) listing under Sects or Cults.
[tennisministry.com]

They have used at least four Internet addresses that ICTA has used:
www.ictatennis.net (since shutdown)
[home.OurMinistry] (since shutdown)
[ictatennis.ourministry.org] (since shutdown)
[www.christiantennis.net]

Yearly Website Archive available on the Internet:
[web.archive.org]
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted Mr. Paschal in August 2002 with a polite letter, pointing out the message that was received on our ministry message board and requesting from him the following: His Academy address, his church contact and his Pastor Name and contact. No documents have ever been provided.

I then began to follow this supposed ministry website and have done so for this period of years. For more detailed information go to or read below: [tennisministry.com]

1. August 30, 2002, I received a harnessing email from Scott Paschal. Our ministry message board was then flooded with letters, either supporting the ICTA or threatening, in one case physically threatening either myself, or threatening others who began to post legit questions about ICTA or Mr. Paschal. I began to have to remove posts that were coming from this group. We received several hundred posts in a period of a few months, eventually forcing me to shut down our ministry message board. However some of this old board still remains, and may be reviewed at: [pub32.bravenet.com]

2. Through investigative techniques available on the Internet, I was able to determine that the posting that are harassing or supporting ICTA on our message board were coming from Arlington, Texas and from one computer. The posting that are from his assistants also match the other posting that are signed with other names. (pointing out that many are forged or alias names but from one source.)

3. I find Mr. Scott Paschal listed in the United States Professional Tennis Association member listing book, rated a P3 (the lowest form of coach rating) and living in Arlington, Texas. A USPTA Master Pro in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas tells me that no academy such as ICTA exists in that town and would be well known if had pro players.

4. Mr. Naessens from Greece, contacted me. He is a tennis coach, club manager and had contact with Mr. Paschal via email. He was given assurances that ICTA would send him money to build up his club. After a short period he found out their claims were not legit, threatening and he broke off contact with them. He has posted information on this group in various locations on the Internet to expose what he felt were their false claims.

5. September 25, 2002. An example of a strange and harassing letter on our message board from a ‘supposed’ tennis student of Mr. Paschal and ICTA Academy student, Katerina Yvkenoia. [pub32.bravenet.com]

6. September 27, 2002 email from Mr. Paschal assistant, Rachael: Scott is also heavily involved with the USTA High Performance dept. and is teaching them how he has successfully developed so many WTA players and brought them together. He speaks at Churches/high schools/colleges and is writing a book on sports supplements for women on the WTA tour in conjunction with the USTA trainers. (To my knowledge this is all false.)

7. October 8, 2002 email from Mr. Paschal assistant, Rachel: ‘Our USA academy staff and full time players personally attend the 2nd largest church in the country and have a home base with them. When we advertised this fact last year, many enemies from around the world would threaten the church with bomb attacks…as well as over 20 churches around the world. I have personally taught tennis for the ICTA at 16 Christian sports camps where we have all enjoyed much fellowship.’ (Despite a request for the churches name or sport camp location, none was ever provided.)

8. November 22, 2002. Mr. Paschal mentions in an email that he has contact with a Christain tennis ministry and academy in south Florida, ‘The complete Player Institute’. I contact the Director, Mr. Scott Williams and he mentions that he has had no contact with Mr. Paschal and does not know him. [www.cpitennis.com]

9. November 23, 2002. An email sent out on the Internet by ICTA. Quote: ‘ICTA and ICTAcademies International! will announce a partnership with two top ATP players in January, 2003! You will be amazed at who have become ICTA supporters. These players have offered to work with ICTAcademies International! in training our top young ATP and WTA players.” ( No further announcements were ever made and no players named).

10. I began to see posting in Christian magazines on the Internet that ICTA Academy was now located at "Players Racquet Club" in Palm Coast, Florida and that Mr. Paschal was the club, General Manager. I called the club, asking for Mr. Paschal and was informed by the "General Manager' that Mr. Paschal was no longer there, and the ICTA was never located there, Mr. Paschal was never the General Manager, was hired based upon his claims to promote the club, and took care of the grounds and marketing of the club. He was fired after a short period from member complaints. The General Manager felt that the group he claimed to have "ICTA" as more of a cult and that he was living in the same house as two other unmarried female helpers of his.

11. Mr. Scott Paschals, two female assistants mother, Joy Snelen contacted me. She told me that she was concerned about her two daughter welfare and them living with Scott Paschal. She also felt that Scott Paschal was separating her from her daughters. She also contacted David Paschal, Scott's brother and who is a Baptist Pastor. Mr. David Paschal contacted me and after checking out David Paschal Pastor qualifications, I called him. He told me that he had not had contact with his brother for a number of years; that his brother had a history of lying and he felt was mentally ill.

12. Scott Paschal emailed me after his brother and his assistant’s mothers had contacted him and mentioned contacting me. He was threatening and told me to remove any negative posting on our message board that had to do with ICTA. He mentioned that the girl’s mother was a child abuser and abusive to the girls, he was protecting them and that the mother was found guilty and would be put in jail shortly. I replied to Scott Paschal to provide court documents so stating the facts as he related them and I would gladly remove any posting from the mother to our new message board or any concerning ICTA. No documents were ever provided.

13. I next read in several Christian magazines, including Charisma, Mr. Paschal was being interviewed in the articles claiming that he had a large Christian tennis ministry, a Christian tennis academy, quit his $100,000USD a year job as General Manager at the Player's Racquet Club, and other claims all for the 'call' of God.
Websites:
[www.crosswalk.org]
Since removed - [www.charismamag.com]

14. I received various emails at times polite and at times threatening either from Mr. Paschal, or his two helpers during the next several years. I replied politely but desired to keep the communication to the minimum. An example is this statement from an October 8, 2002 email from Scott Paschal to me, 'I will coach more WTA pro players this year than anyone in the world. ‘One things that stands out that has been posted in various ways and at various times on the website is how often it changes. Examples of this:
Listing Academy around the world.
Listing millions Christian contacts around the world.
Training of many world ranked players.
Naming several well-known world-class professional players as Christians.
Giving the impression that well known WTA/ATP players either know them or in some way endorse them. Having pictures taken with pro players at a tournament unawares of its intended use by that player and them posting them on the ICTA website.
Claiming that various WTA/ATP players are Christians, are reaching others for Christ, when if fact they are not known Christians. Two players publicly state that they are Jehovah Witnesses.
He continually mentions being taken to legal court by others or him taking others to court.

15. As I studied the ICTA through various Internet search engines, I found a message board, that had hundreds of posting from irate people who had questioned or been threatened by anyone associated with ICTA. These posting went on for about one year and then the website administrator shut down the message board, listing the reason as abusive posting. At that time, this seemed to be the only place that tennis players could find information on either the ICTA or Mr. Paschal.
Message Board (since removed): [tennis.info]

16. On Internet search engines, including Christian engines Mr. Paschal has often listed as the "tennis great Scott Paschal'.

17. ICTA website lists that they sponsor $10,000 USD pro tournaments in Australia, Europe and US. No events held.
[web.archive.org]

1. A claim made on their website, which has since been removed, is the following: We are the world's only legitimate Christian ministry for the sport of tennis, registered as a non profit and having a governing board of directors, proclaiming Christ to the world.
Link (since removed): [www.christiantennis.net]

2. March 13, 2003 Christian Internet Search engine posting -"Provides a Christian tennis ministry in over 100 countries around the world. ICTAcademy trains WTA and ATP professional players who then travel the world as ICTA Christian missionaries. Parent and coach ministries, and a great prayer board for all to post their prayers. Founded by tennis great Scott Paschal." (Not in 100 countries, No Academy training WTA/ATP player who travel as missionaries and no message or prayer board on their website)
(since removed) [www.crosssearch.com]

1. November 15, 2004 they made the following claim on their website, none of which can be substantiated: During the next 10 weeks, ICTA President Scotty Paschal, our ICTA staff, and our Christian Tennis Academy students and their parents plan to travel on mission trips to: Australia: Melbourne, Sidney, and Brisbane. USA: California, Hawaii, and Las Vegas. Europe: Rome and Milan, Italy; Paris, France; Luxembourg, Germany; Athens, Mt. Olympus, and Thesseloniki, Greece. New Zealand: Aukland and Christchurch.

2. August 2004. I met a highly USA ranked junior player, Lauren, her mother and father at the US Open. They were committed Christians. They told me they had heard about the ICTA Academy in Palm Coast, Florida and arranged a visit with the intention of enrolling their daughter for year round training. All three in this family, told me, that they went to the "Racquet Club of Palm Coast" in Florida, met Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants. They left that day, with no intention to return. The reasons given were that the claims of training students were false, no substantial staff and lastly the daughter would be housed in the same house as Mr. Paschal and his two female assistants.

3. August 2004. I met Scott Paschal and one of his female assistants at the US Open. Mr. Paschal spoke about 2 minutes to several other Christians that I was with on the site grounds and then left. His female assistant stayed apart and away. Later the Director of Athletes in Action for tennis told me that she had been contacted by him and also felt that something was not quite correct. A retired Christian tennis tour player also mentioned that he had been contacted and asked my opinion.

4. September 3, 2004. ICTA newsletter sent by email lists that they plan to reach 2.4 million people in 2004-05 and ICTA will host mission trips to the 6 largest pro tournaments in the world...US OPEN, Australian Open, Pacific Life Open, Nasdaq 100 Open, French Open, and Wimbledon. (No one has seen them at the US Open, Pacific Life Open, French Open or Wimbledon).

5. Mr. Scott Paschal lists himself on the ICTA website (since updated to minister) as an ordained Minister and Pastor. No credentials or sponsoring organization is listed or known.) [www.christiantennis.net]

6. Starts to solicit funds on homepage via support for ‘voluntary staff’ or as Christian ministry. (since removed)

1. The website lists Marek Czerwinski, as a full time student at ICTA Academy and as being the 2005 USTA number one ranked 18 and under boy. I have not seen Czerwinski at any Grand Slam junior events or on the USTA National Boys Junior team. He is listed on the USTA website as being number one in bonus points for one month. The USTA 2005 end of year rankings do not show Czerwinski as being ranked in the top 100 18 and under juniors in US, which is an accurate listing of his ranking.
Link: [tournaments.usta.com]

March 3, 2005. Mr. Scott Pascal email: Quote, ‘an 11-year-old Russian orphan named Anna I am in the process of adopting. Anna is a top 10 Russian player in her age group and a very special young lady.’ (To date we do not know of a confirmed adoption, and find this quite interesting in light to other player references to ‘tennis dad or adopted father’ on the site.)

2. I read on the Internet in a Christian magazine that Scott Pascal states that he was able to secure a donation from an Assembly of God Church in Florida for covering the cost of an outreach for an ICTA booth for fans at the NASDAQ-100 Open Professional Tennis Tournament in Florida

3. November 2005 - WTA End of Season Tour Champions in Los Angeles, the ICTA website, which is constantly changed and emails have given the impression that they have some 'official ' capacity with the WTA tour. The reality is that they purchased a viewing booth at the tournament from the tournament organizer not the WTA tour and which is available to anyone. Mr. Paschal was there and through a source that went to the booth, I was told that very few people were there. Also no video for ICTA was shown on the stadium screen as claimed by their website.

4. December 2005 - A former top 100 women WTA player trains with Mr. Paschal. She has now quit after a short period there. The method of operation for ICTA to attract players is as follows: Provide free airfare to the Florida. Provide housing. Separate them from their family. Immediately start to use their photos on the website, to validate their claims of great players and to attract additional players. Surround the player with Mr. Paschal assistants by living with them all in the same house. Control of the player by both love and anger. Mr. Paschal states that he has become her 'tennis dad'.

1. Mr. Paschal on the ICTA website and lists that he will be attending a series of pro tennis tournaments as the 'official Chaplain" of various pro tournaments. (Among these he lists Wimbledon, US Open and French Ope, which do not have an "official" chaplains.) [www.christiantennis.net]

2. ICTA lists as going to Melbourne, Australia for the 2006 Australian Open for a mission trip. (Cannot find anyone who saw them there. Not substantiated.) [www.christiantennis.net]

3. Scott Paschal coaching homepage quote: ‘My tennis friends and mentors are the among the top coaches in the WTA/ATP who spend their time running academies, coaching top 100 WTA/ATP players’. (We cannot find anyone who knows him and recommends him as he states.) [www.socialtennis.com]

4. March 1 – A source who has been to the ICTA Academy says that the academy consists of Mr. Scott Paschal, as the coach; two female assistants who also are students, and two male students.

Last posted by Rev. Bob Kraft, March 7, 2006
More information will be posted as it becomes available at:
[tennisministry.com]

Date: March 09, 2007 10:51PM

Subject: Disclaimer, denial - International Christian Tennis Association

Tennis Ministry International (TMI) and Rev. Bob Kraft is not, nor has ever been, associated with International Christian Tennis Association, otherwise known as ICTA.

In the past year, the Director of ICTA, Scott Paschal, has sent out emails to the public and posted notices on the Internet stating that ICTA & he have the same purposes as Tennis Ministry International and myself. The ICTA and TMI do not use the same methods or the same purposes. He in some way tries to make it appear that we are in agreement, cooperate or work together. This is in fact, a fabrication.

Rev. Bob Kraft
Director
www.tennisministry.org

For additional information as to the reason why, please see:
Tennis Ministry International:
[www.tennisministry.org]
[www.tennisministry.org]
Tennis.info (Fact or Fiction):
[www.tennis.info] ;
[www.tennis.info]
Sonic Boom Adventures: [sonicbooms.blogspot.com]
Faithwriters:
[www.faithwriters.com] ;
[www.faithwriters.com]
Rick Ross Cult Education Forum: [board.culteducation.com]

Date: March 09, 2007 11:32PM

Subject: Disclaimer, denial - International Christian Tennis Association (oldest to most recent -March 9,2007- listings)

I have been going through my emails and wanted to put this new information up. This will help others to understand the situation more fully on Scott Paschal. Please note that in the near future I will post up the incredible writings of Scott Paschal where he has attacked others who question his claims and or other ministries and even his own students who left him after a brief period of time. The most effective way for others to see the true nature of this organization is to read what they wrote and posted on the Internet. This will be posted at www.tennisministry.org/icta2.html - Pastor Bob Kraft

-- August 29, 2002 email Paschal sent to me: I read through your messageboard. I noticed very few people, outside of a core group of 5, actually have ever posted. I did not realize it was so little used. I can possibly help with that. We have thousands and thousands, now...During the next 12 months, you and the general public will learn of ICTAcademies in USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia. For me to answer specifics for each is outside of my job description...The main difference between you and I is that I am very quiet about my personal work for God...Well, instead of hanging around a top player and bragging about it, we go out and try to share God's word. Bob, I have never taken this much time to write my own mother. That makes me disappointed in myself. I have allowed a child abuser (the mother of the Snelens) and a stranger from China (Bob Kraft) to take 2 hours of my time away from God's work. My time could have been much better spent! I am often contacted by strange people who just want to cause others to hurt or to make themselves seem really important...-SP (note from Bob: Paschal continues to belittle many people that he comes into contact with and especially those who question him.)

September 19, 2002 email Paschal sent to me: I'm on tour with a dozen of our WTA players. We're in S. Carolina at a 10K. - SP (note from Bob- what dozen WTA players?)

September 27, 2002 email from Rachel Snelen to me: 'He (Scott) is also heavily involved with the USTA High Performance dept. and is teaching them how he has successfully developed so many WTA players and brought them together. He speaks at Churches/high schools/colleges and is writing a book on sports supplements for women on the WTA tour in conjunction with the USTA trainers...I believe God led us to the ICTA. There was a person in our lives who was very bad to us. We have been starved, beaten, sexually molested. It was awful up until God came into the picture. Unfortunately this person is still out there, but fortunately will soon be in jail. I guess I should just tell you this person is our mother...We will have close to 20 girls playing this tournament!! (note from Bob: Scott has never been involved with USTA High Performance or WTA. No records of the mother abusing the children. No one has ever seen 20 ICTA girls in a tournament.)

October 4, 2002 email from Rachel Snelen to me: Are you in competition with the ICTA?

October 8, 2002 email from Paschal to me: Bob, as I understand it, I will coach more WTA pro players this year than anyone in the world. My credentials speak loudly to those involved in professional tennis...
I do not know you Bob. I have never even seen you. What I do know is that you live in China and have married a young Chinese girl... If you want a relationship with me, then I need to see more than a guy showing up to USPTA conventions and claiming a Christian ministry. I do not have to make myself or my businesses available or accountable to yourself or others... I am only accountable to God. Scott (note from Bob: My wife was born in 1968, we have two beautiful children and have been married since 1997. I have never been to a USPTA convention.)

October 9, 2002 email from Rachel Snelen to me: The ICTA is involved closely with the 2nd largest church in the USA as well as over 20 churches around the world. I have personally taught tennis for the ICTA at 16 Christian sports camps where we have all enjoyed much fellowship...You seem to feel that Scott is the ICTA. Scott is only the director of the academies. I think you are confused. As for accountability, the ICTA is accountable to over 45,000 persons who are involved in different churches and is promoted within these churches...The ICTA receives threats daily from those not involved in Christianity...
The ICTA will have new high performance pro academies in USA, Australia, and in Europe...The ICTA has over 60,000 people that have signed up for our newsletter during the last 2 years. Our USA academy staff and full time players personally attend the 2nd largest church in the country and have a home base with them. When we advertised this fact last year, many enemies from around the world would threaten the church with bomb attacks. After 9/11 tragedy by terrorists, the ICTA board decided to not advertise church homes and academies until the terrorist threats stopped. All death threats have been given to the proper authorities. (note from Bob: what large church is that you are closely involved, a Pastor who can verify this,and where have the 16 camps been? Enemies, is odd!)

October 16, 2002 message on our ministry message board: 'I also let you know about how the ICTA is heavily involved with Promise Keepers, yet you only mention how you know of Promise Keepers...I have become very discouraged with your lack of recognition with regards to my coaches and my training academy and it is obvious you are upset because the ICTA is doing well and you were not and quit. And to also let you know, I will personally be going to visit the new ICTAcademy in Europe this year!...How old is your seemingly very young wife who was just pregnant?..I had better stop writing as I have became very disappointed with you...Christian tennis is more than smiling and collecting donations. It is hard work and those of us who are actually doing the work don't appreciate others who only judge like you are doing...ICTA academy I trained at is in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. (note from Bob: no one in Dallas/Fort Worth knows of the ICTA Academy and no record of Promise Keepers involvement)

November 16, 2002 email from Rachel Snelen to me: Coach Scott is building the ! ICTAEurope ministry right now and has very little time for our mother's attacks...Coach Scott was at the beginning of Promise Keepers and is very influential with them. He also speaks regularly at our local churches. (Mothers attacks, Scott took these girls away from their Mother at 16 years old What are the names of the churches so that others can contact them.)

October 26, 2002 email to Bob: Rev Bob Kraft....I just e-mailed with Scott Paschal about four times. He was really nice on most of the messages and a couple of times his messages were pretty strong. I think he only works with really good players and does not reach out to other types of players....- Dick

November 20, 2002 posting to our ministry message board: 'Because I am post this mesage a kraft, am I he? Kraft is bad man. all please be aware. Go from this site. Hurry. I know him. He confused now. go.'...I knew something was very strange about Bob Kraft. Kraft has lived off of ICTA. Without ICTA, Kraft would have nothing to talk about.I have many questions for Kraft. He refuses to answer them. Let us all please be aware this man...He comes to USA and raises money...I see Kraft as a man who uses the Christian nature of the USA for his own gain. I have read though this board carefully. I DO NOT TRUST BOB KRAFT. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I will watch his Satanboard here more closely...There has been almost no one else in the last year but ICTA members trying to support tennisministry. (note bob: from Paschal IP computer address and another personal attack on me)

November 22, 2002 for Paschals email newsletter: It's our very own messageboard! Built for you and monitored 24 hrs a day 7 days a week! Post news about your church. Post thoughts and ideas! To protect our ICTA kids, we do not allow email address to be left. ICTA and ICTAcademies International! will announce a partnership with two top ATP players in January, 2003! You will be amazed at who have become
ICTA supporters. These players have offered to work with ICTAcademies International! in training our top young ATP and WTA players. (note from Bob: Would that message board get a lot of good questions that needed to be answered, but no message board. What top pro players are training your kids?)

November 29, 2002 email from Rachel Snelen to me: Coach Scott is visiting Florida on Dec. 4-6 to interview different tennis facilities who have asked to host our first ICTAcademy Florida! (where is/was the ICTA academy?)

December 3, 2002 email from Paschal to me: Our messageboard will not be used any longer to defend ICTA or to say anything negative about another person or organization...Mrs. Snelen is a danger to her children, ICTA has provided safety for them. Mrs. Snelen follows them all over the country. She has sent me death threats....I have been very busy preparing for tournaments and ICTAcademies, plus growing the ICTA ministry in Greece, Italy, Australia, USA, Taiwan as well as a partnership with two top ATP players. (note from Bob: the message board was never put up and the website has been used to attack many ministries and Christians since this time)

February 16, 2003 email to me: I believe that the 'ICTA' is seriously undermining and bringing into disrepute truly concerned and genuine organizations like your own and needs to be widely and publicly condemned. - Jeff

February 18, 2003 email from Paschal to another person: We would like to explore trading links from both of our websites to each other. ICTA currently receives many hits from around the world. If you would like, we could work with your company to advance your website through our existing international network. Blessings, ICTA (note from Bob: Paschal often uses his website hits as incentive for others to give hi money or advertising.)

February 20, 2003 email sent to another person: We are a group of people who operate the ICTA...To make a short story even longer, when ICTA went Internet ICTA was swamped with attacks from many non Christian countries. Our email was hacked, website attacked, we had stalkers following our coaches and players! It was rough. Well, we got tired of it and turned to our computer geeks to develop a security system. Their/our new developing security software is used with/on us...Every email, the t.i website...all is available to us... like milk. Everything that occurred in the last 9 months has been recorded, documented, evaluated. Our computer players actually can do most anything. Notice how we IP college/library/pub. You do not. No firewall can stop a tidal wave, J. We like you. No hard feelings on our end. We see what you see and will continue to do so until our project is completed. And thanks for opening this email and for each log on and web posting. Fresh tracks in the snow. (explains why my computer was infected with spyware by ICTA as I searched Google on April 10, 2006)

February 27, 2003 email to me: ...I should feel blessed by God for having the courage to take a stand but seeing guys like you and Jeff and Arseni get blasted and slandered makes me feel nauseous... I also noticed how they seem to "stalk" you because it seems that every time you post anywhere a response from them follows immediately. - Phil (note from Bob: Paschal has attacked Phil for many years on the Internet)

March 1, 2003 Paschal webstite posting: Most recently in our sport of tennis, Venus and Serena Williams have shared their belief in God while winning the Australian Open singles and doubles titles. Both ladies believe they are on this earth to lead others to Christ. We would like to thank both Venus and Serena Williams for their hard work in promoting Christianity. We would like to thank Leyton Hewwitt and Kim Clisters for promoting their Christianity to the public through the sport of tennis...Pete Sampras, who publicly states his devotion to his relationship with his wife Bridgette and with Jesus! (note from Bob: Venus and Serena have publicly stated they are Jehovah Witnesses and the others I have never seen a public statement on he or his family relationship with Jesus or Leyton or Kim spiritual life.)

March 14, 2003 Paschal website posting: "Provides a Christian tennis ministry in over 100 countries around the world. ICTAcademy trains WTA and ATP professional players who then travel the world as ICTA Christian missionaries. Parent and coach ministries, and a great prayer board for all to post their prayers. Founded by tennis great Scott Paschal.' (note from Bob: Tennis great says it all about Scott Paschal)

March 16, 2003 Paschal newsletter: Our ICTA website will be 1 year old soon...My favorite new thing on the website is the GotLife link near the top of the frontpage!...Yesterday, I contacted my friend Randy about
developing a Christian tennis ministry for Diabetes. He sent me a donation for making a donation to help fight diabetes. (note from Bob: A history of getting donations from others)

March 16, 2003 email from David Paschal to me: 'I am trying to verify if he has a legitimate ministry or he is running a scam. I have been told it is all fabricated and that he is living off his two star players. The mother of the two girls contacted me and stated in her email that You guys had some trouble with him also. I have not talked to him for over a year, but I am still worried about him. - David (note from Bob: David Paschal, Scott's brother)

March 27, 2003 email to me: 'I emailed Scotts brother David 2 weeks ago. He said that Scott lies all the time. He also says that he loves his brother but knows what he is dealing with and has had no contact wit Scott in over a year. He also says that Scott is not married, not wealthy and lives in the same apartment with 2 of his young, female players. I read the post and well, he was very sarcastic towards me and that tells me that "Rev. Paschal" is not worth saving or responding too. I'm now very glad that I wrote that article about his "ministry". I contacted the Christian Research Institute and I believe that they will also be doing an article about ICTA because I believe, and have believed that ICTA is a cult. - Phil

April 10, 2003 email from Paschal to me: Tennis.info and its owner Jeff D are something I completely support. Jeff is a good man. A solid man and there are few like him. I have seen he and his wife work very hard. I will soon be in a position to welcome Jeff to come and see just what it is ICTA tries to do to promote Christianity through sports, but more importantly, I want to earn Jeff's respect and trust...Instead, when you called and left two voice messages, I did not want to have much to do with you...I see you have changed the name of your ministry to be much like ours. I see where you have copied a few of our ideas, also...I can see where you might possibly fall again. That would be a shame. This is where I am concerned. I want the best for you. How can I help?
I have a feeling Jeff and I will be friends for a very long time even if we disagree with each other. (note from Bob: I have never called Scott Paschal on the telephone and only emailed twice to ask him to verify his claims. To this date he has not verified his claims He attacks Jeff on the Internet and his website.)

April 11, 2003 email from Paschal to me: I asked Scott to rebuild the tennis courts and they would be HIS for ten years. No donation- a business opportunity for him. I wanted a Christian person and found some very honest, good Christian people to fix the courts and I feel blessed...I will be more than happy to introduce you to what we do. I will need to first have your willingness to not provide the information, people, contacts I share with you to others, then I will willingly spend time with you! - Phil (note from Bob: Scott has attacked Phil on his website and the Internet ; Secrecy in what Paschal does?)

July 23, 2003 email from Paschal to me: Our new tennis facility is tremendous...Our sister facility will be in Mexico and is also stunning. (note from Bob: where are these facilities and contacts?)

August 5, 2003 email from Paschal to me: I am the General Manager of one of the Player's Tennis Club...My Christian tennis academy is here. (note from Bob: This club in Palm Coast Florida said he was a court cleaner, club maintaence and fired)

August 17, 2003 email from Paschal to me: I'm here if you need support. (note from Bob: I have never asked him for help and have only asked him to verify his claims both past and present)

March 31, 2004: magazine article in Charisma stating that Scott Paschal left his 100,00 a year tennis job as General Manger for ICTA ministry. (note from Bob: Paschal has had a few Christian magizines write articles and Scott always use the same claims which are false)

September 4, 2004 Paschal newsletter: For example, we purchased a $10,000 booth next to the Grandstand at the Nasdaq 100 Open, brought in over 4 dozen volunteers, and spent 3 weeks reaching the well over 250,000 tournament attendees for Christ...The International Christian Tennis Association is a not for profit, 501 (c)(3), organization with a governing board of directors. (note from Bob: they do raise money from uninformed donors to pay for these booths and the website lists no governing board of directors and never has.)

November 11, 2004 from ICTA website: We are the world's only legitimate Christian ministry for the sport of tennis, registered as a non profit and having a governing board of directors, proclaiming Christ to the world. (Note from Bob: how about www.tennisministry.org or Athletes in Action or Fellowship of Christian Athletes or a host of others. No listing of a governing board on the website. A non-profit was set to received and encourage donations for sure, as that is the intent)

November 15, 2004 from ICTA website: During the next 10 weeks, ICTA President Scotty Paschal, our ICTA staff, and our Christian Tennis Academy students and their parents plan to travel on mission trips to: Australia: Melbourne, Sidney, and Brisbane. USA: California, Hawaii, Las Vegas. Europe: Rome and Milan, Italy; Paris, France; Luxembourg, Germany; Athens, Mt. Olympus, and Thesseloniki, Greece. New Zealand: Auckland and Christchurch. Please keep our needs and safety in your prayers. (note from Bob: no one has ever seem Scotty or his staff at the listed locations and he has quietly removed these from his website)

-- March 5, 2005 email sent from Scott to another person: 'the second one (picture) is of an 11 year old Russian orphan named anna i am in the process of adopting. anna is a top 10 russian player in her age group and a very special young lady.' (note from Bob: Did you notice how Got Life ministry logo which was so predominantly displayed on their website the past two years, was suddenly removed. Got Life tried to raise money to support the distribution of tracts with Scott. They asked supporters to come up with $100,000USD for this purpose. I contacted a friend of mine April 21, 2006 who leads a large Southern Baptist ministry and he personally knew the leader of Got Life, who is a Pastor of a First Baptist Church in Texas. I am not sure what transpired there, but it seems like Got Life, which seems to be a credible ministry is no longer being used on the website to establish credibly for Scott Paschal or Christian Tennis Association.)

--March 6, 2006: Scott Paschal now lists on his website that he is a member of First Baptist Church in Palm Coast. I had one phone conversation and exchanged emails with the Senior Pastor of this church, Pastor Dennis Littleton. His comments were that he did know Scott Paschal well and that he did attend there at times. But that he could not recommend him or Scott's ministry. Scott has mentioned on this website that at least two of his students put their heads on his shoulders during church and they call him 'Father".

-- February 14, 2006 on ICTA website: "Steve is my adopted dad!" says ICTA tennis academy full time student. (Note from Bob: photo shows teenage girl sitting on ICTA supporters lap named Steve)

-- March 7, 2006 email sent to me: I could understand by (my daughter's) opinion and by her experience in this academy - its very far from Christian ministry .And I give Thanks to God for to help (my daughter) to see truth about this ministry . We could pray about all this persons and children, for their parents. - mother, of player who attended ICTA

-- March 8, 2006 email sent to me: 'I am so confused about this man Paschal? what is the real deal with him? The entire thing is so overwhelming. What a fraud. - Teli

-- March 15, 2006 email sent to me: We have never been contacted by the organization you are referring to nor do they have any involvement at the Bausch & Lomb Championships. - Assistant Tournament Director Bausch & Lomb Championships (note from Bob: They ICTA website listed that they had a booth at this tournament)

-- March 20, 2006 from ICTA website: All tuition is donation based. When you train at the ICTAcademy you are supporting the Christian missions of the ICTA. Donations for training allow for a 47% tax deduction for tax paying Americans...Price for the week is $950 US with full room and board with 3 meals per day. Non boarding students rates are $750 per week US. A refundable deposit of $500 is required. Boarding Students Payment Plan: Full Year: $Enrollment Deposit $2,500 Yearly Tuition $32,725 Non-Boarding Students: Yearly Tuition $20,825 Other Fees: 75 / $100 Private lesson rate/hourly $1,000 Required deposit into the student personal expense account. Monthly replenishment of the opening balance is required $750 Training fee for ICTA students enrolling in ICTA Intensive Weekly Camps over holiday weeks or during summer camp (discounted from standard rate of $950) Airport Shuttle$80 Daytona Beach International airport $100 Jacksonville International airport $130 Orlando International Airport $50 Surcharge fee for short notice of arrival/or departure (less than 24 hours) $75 Surcharge to accompany the child and wait at gate terminal. No refund is provided during the school year for students taking time off to participate in tournaments, vacations, visits home, or any other activity. No refund is provided to students getting injured during the school year. The Enrollment Deposit is non-refundable. Applicants and their parents should understand that ICTA reserves the right, at any time, to expel an athlete / student that contravenes with the overall quality and integrity of the program. Please note carefully that all donation fee payments to ICTA are non-refundable under any circumstances. (note from Bob: Does coming to a so-called tennis training and then receiving a deduction seem right or legal?)

-- March 22, 06 email sent to me: 'i indeed did stop by this booth..was interested because they were selling David Nassar shirts..could you give me more information on your ministry. I am just a fan but want to support who I feel has the heart for this ministry..thanks Gina (note from Bob: Nassar continually is mentioned in Paschals writings and has refused to respond to questions)

--March 23, 2006 email sent to me: Reverend, I am so deeply grateful for your message today about the ICTA. This organization has been on my Bookmarks link for years in the hope that I might eventually get enough money to send my daughter to camp there. In fact, I emailed a question about some religious concerns vis a vis my teenage daughter to them and their reply was simply to encourage me to send her while they think over my question. It was an odd reply, I thought. And the real answer years later has still not been received. But they are very convincing. I trust you over all else Reverend and I am shocked that I could have been misled this way. It would have been awful to send my daughter there. We spent several days with J.V. ( a pro player) and her mother 2 years ago, as you know. And I was so moved by their ... I don't know what the word would be. We attended church with them one morning and I had a wonderful time. Their coach Christian was also unforgettable. I was convinced that a Christian tennis camp would be perfect for my daughter. And I found the ICTA website. So I cannot thank you enough for your red alert. I was dreaming that at least once I might be able to send my Holly to their loving hands. - Cathy

--March 23, 2006 email sent to me: Reverend Kraft, I just finished reading on ICTA's website "J.V. (Note from Bob: a pro player)" story and my stomach is in knots. These people are obscene. I see they use your name as well, AND Christian's name, AND they mention Julia's poor mother. Her mother spoke virtually know English, as you must know. She clearly adores her daughter. Well, I don't want to ramble, I just cannot believe that Julia slid into their clutches... and now is going to be slandered on the Internet. Surely there are legal measures one could take. They are despicable. - Cathy

--March 24, 2006 from ICTA website: The coaches see below who will guide your development at the academy and on the circuit are current pro tour tennis coaches...You will travel to pro tournaments with him and/or your team and have the opportunity to hit with other pro players Scotty coaches and/or advises. One very interesting aspect of our training is our ability to work with many fine coaches from around the world, either at home or on tour. Coaches who are dedicated to the game and who strive for improvement. (the names of the current pro tour tennis coaches or that Scott coaches or advises and there rankings?)

--March 24, 2006 from ICTA website: Players travel from Russia, South America, Norway, Canada, USA, Japan, and New Zealand specifically for the opportunity to train with us. Interesting note: ICTA fulltime staff members Rach and Mel have a goal to earn their WTA singles and doubles rankings this year while competing on the ITF pro circuits in the USA, Europe and S. America! The truly special part of this is both ladies began training at the ICTAcademy as beginners who were at the lowest level of US juniors just a short 5 years ago! (note from Bob: players can not be found who admit to working with Scott Paschal from the countries he mentions; The Snelen twins moved out of their family home at the age of 16 years old to live with Scott Paschal who was unmarried and over thirty years old, they were highly ranked juniors in the state of Texas at that time.)

--March 24, 2006 from ICTA website: The International Christian Tennis Association was originally established in the mid 1970's in Dallas, Texas. In the early 1980's, Scott Paschal was given the blessing of developing the ICTA. Now in 2004, 30 years after the International Christian Tennis Association was first launched, the ICTA stands poised to reach over 2,000,000 per year worldwide! ...As the only legitimate Christian tennis sports ministry in the world, the ICTA is literally changing the sport of tennis...During 2005 and 2006, the ICTA has a goal to build an entire Christian tennis community complete with 24 condos surrounding a 40 court tennis complex...With 20 clay courts, 14 hard courts, 2 grass courts, 3 indoor courts, and 1 stadium court which will seat 10,000...the International Christian Tennis Academy will become one of the finest tennis resorts in the USA and will completely change the landscape of tennis worldwide. This new resort will become a beacon of light in the darkness! This tennis resort will have a sports missionary training center, a home school center, a full service fitness facility, an Olympic sized pool, shower facilities, and a full service pro shop! (note from Bob- we can find no one who formerly lead ICTA or even knows of ICTA before 2002 and this was only on an Internet website.

-- March 29, 2006 sent to me: Bob, Thank you so much for the advisory and the very informative information on your web site. Some time ago I almost made a small donation to this group (ICTA) after stumbling on it while web surfing; but didn't since I wasn't sure about the “ministry”. It behooves all of us to be most discerning in today’s world and go before the Lord with everything we do. Continuing to pray for you and your family; may the Lord continue to bless your wonderful ministry, - Ken

-- April 7, 2006 email sent to churches from Paschal: My name is Scott Paschal. I am the founder and current president of the International Christian Tennis Association, which has a membership base in over 1400 cities and 44 countries. I am a member of First Baptist church of Palm Coast, Florida. My pastor's name is Dr.Dennis Littleton...I also coach J.V (name without by Bob), a top pro player. This ministry reaches hundreds of thousands for christ each year and all staff are volunteer. We are an irs registered 501 (c)(3) not for profit organization. I write to you today with very serious concerns about Bob Kraft... both his history with me, and, more importantly, his recent behavior while a chaplain on the tennis tour. Very serious allegations concerning Bob Kraft's behavior have reached me from both top players and coaches who have had personal interaction with Kraft. My understanding is Bob Kraft has partnered with your church and you officially endorse any and all behavior of bob kraft, while also taking in donations for him. As Bob Kraft has absolutely no training whatsoever in pastoral counseling, nor does he have a chaplain certification from an accredited organization, nor has he obtained a degree of any type from an accredited seminary... and now, combined with all of this and more, very serious alegations of his behavior have arisen, i feel the need to contact you. Please understand Bob Kraft is legally liable for all advice/counseling he gives. I understand God can call anyone at anytime to do His work, and a "degree" or "certification" does not guarantee, but i have seen a potentially dangerous pattern of behavior from bob kraft over the last 8 years, and now others are seeing it as well. As the International Christian Tennis Association is the main "voice" for Christ in the sport of tennis worldwide, i delved into these distrubing concerns and am forming a committee to study his odd and potentially dangerous behavior. i am also providing complete counseling for those he has mentally and spiritually harmed. My questions to you are: 1. how well do you know bob kraft? 2. are you concerned if he has harmed people? 3. are you concerned if his behavior is leading players and coaches AWAY from christ? 4. are you willing to be held legally liable for his actions? I can be reached at your convenience. this is a difficult email for me to write to you, yet i know it is needed. - God bless, scott paschal (note from Bob: I am an ordained Minister from a recognized church which is clearly listed on our website. This is nothing more than an attempt to intimidate church Pastors and I put his up so that others can see how Paschal operates as he has used this method with others.)

-- April 10, 2006 email send to me by Scott Paschal while I was on the Internet search engine Google researching Paschal: 'bob, it's getting wierd having you google things such as scott paschal child and rachel snelen abuse. if you want to know if i adopted the girl from russia, just call. do you really have so little to do?...your games will only make you look bad in the end...if it comes down to it, i will respond in a different way. we can work together or we can fight. only one way will glorify christ. s' (note from Bob: I immediately did a virus/spy software search on my computer and upgraded my firewall)

-- April 12, 2006 email sent to me by US Sports Ministry Leader: I was contacted by Scott and he asked to work with us in the future. In my response, I asked him if he knew about you and your work,
but he has not responded. Blessings, Rodger

-- April 14, 2006 email sent to me: "There was no cooperation on a Pro Team Concept.'- Paul Campo (Scott lists on his website that ICTA developed a Pro Team Concept with Paul Campo)

-- April 21, 2006 my phone call with International Sports Ministry Leader: Scott Paschal lists on his website that the International Sports Coalition lists ICTA as one of the top 50 sport ministries in the world. (note from Bob: This sports leader tells me ISC does not have such a list and has never heard of Scott Paschal or ICTA and will be contacting him to remove this claim from the website.)

-- April 22, 2006 email sent to me: 'Thank you. You are correct about this guy have had dealings with him in the past.'- USPTA - USPTR Tennis Director in Palm Coast Florida, Grand Haven Village Center

-- August 9, 2006 email (excerpts) sent to me: Hi Bob, ... My concerns are about the ICTA and founder, Scott Paschal. I found his website and called and inquired if he had weekly summer tennis camp and he did. The website sounded so good and he seemed so concerned and told me all about the academy....My son, went down a week ago. I couldn't believe the things he told me when he got back, very disappointing. There was no academy, just a house, Scott and the two supposedly pro. tennis girls, Melody and Rachel and 2 guys and one other boy from Mexico just arriving for camp as <my son> was finishing. There are no tennis courts, they had to go to the local high school courts or a nearby park courts. my son, who is 19, would never have gone if he knew these things. We paid for a week of tennis lessons and basically all he did was hit balls against a wall all week and play mini tennis with a sponge ball. he was allowed to hit with Rachel two times in 7 days, and Scott hit with him for about 10 mins. My son was so frustrated, and mad. He remained respectful, but confronted Scott several times, stating that he had come down specially to improve his game. Scott kept telling him he was not ready. My son kept saying I am ready, I play tennis 5 days a week for 2-3 hrs. a day! You haven't even seen me play, so how can you say I'm not ready? Scott replied, no you don't play tennis like that, you just chase balls mostly?? My son was so disappointed. Scott constantly talked about God, but my son said, he really didn't care what they said about God, because Scott's behavior and attitude did not match his talk. I don't know what recourse I have. I want to confront Scott, but I want to get some facts straight first. I feel the website greatly misrepresents the academy...Also I was very upset that he told me my son would be staying in international student housing. That didn't exist either. He stayed in Scott's house with the young ladies and other boys. Could you help me with what info. you have and how I can go about researching this. I would like my money back, though I don't think I will see it, but I feel so concerned about other young people going there under false pretense. Also can you tell me about yourself, your relationship to Jesus Christ, your Christian training and tennis background and what lead you to research Scott. I see on some blogs, he attacks you, did you know him before? Do you think there are legal avenues to follow to expose this academy? Thanks, Janice

-- August 21, 2006 email sent to me from a International sports ministry leader: I was on ICTA website tonight and ran across Scott's blog. It was really disturbing. I'm not sure who 'the enemies' he is referring to are - includes names Jeff, Bob and Phil. (notes from Bob: Jeff Davies, Bob Kraft and Phil Naessens, all who have questioned his claims)

-- January 7, 2007 email to me: Perhaps this isn't the place to ask but we are trying to find a Christian environment for our daughter to develop her tennis skills(perhaps a summer experience?)She is a champ level player with a passion for tennis as well as seeking God's will in her life.Can you offer any suggestions? We had been seeing info about an organization which seems to have a questionable reputation -the international Christian tennis association.Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( Note from bob: I recommended two camps in the US: Smith/Sterns Tennis Academy in Hilton Head,. SC and Complete Player Institute in Delray Beach, FL.)

-- February 17, 2007 Scott Paschal has a booth at the Memphis Pro tournament. Right next to the USTA booth. He is stating to others that he has been a minister for eight years. A reputable Christian sports ministry asked to also set up a booth and no reply was received from the tournament. (note from Bob: Paschal is taking the place of credible sport ministries that desire to have a booth.)

-- March 5, 2007: Email from one church in Indian Wells, California outlining that they have stopped working with Scott Paschal based upon reading these blogs on the Internet. They have asked him to respond to some of their concerns and he has not.

March 7, 2007: Scott Paschal is set up a booth at Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, CA. He is either sharing a booth with the USTA Southern California. The Director of this division of the USTA has been contacted with references to these blogs and on site contacts.

-- March 8, 2007: At least two WTA people are involved trying to get Scott off the premises of the Indian Wells, California tournament, Pan Pacific Open

-- March 8, 2007 email to me from former USPTA president: With some persuading he (Paschal) took the students comments off his website and that is the only time I have even heard about him.

-- March 9, 2007 email sent to me: Rev. Kraft, Is your e-mail meant as a notice to the media for our information only, or do you wish this to be in print? Best wishes, Publisher-Editor, Florida Tennis magazine. (In response to a disclaimer notice that I sent out to our email database of 36,000+ and my prayer that a media story develops exposing Paschal)

-- March 9, 2007, I just spoke by telephone with the Director of Athletes in Action - Tennis. She mentions that AIA does not work with Scott Paschal or the Christian Tennis Association. Scott Paschal has recently blogged on his website that he has a working relationship with AIA. She has had several phone calls asking about him from others. She mentions that he does not have a good report from others, tells this to others and she has also read his materials on his website (since removed) that shows his true character.

Date: May 15, 2007 10:25PM

You can read more about this group [phillyflash.wordpress.com]

Date: July 19, 2007 09:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.