Religious Literature is Deceptive
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 12, 2007 01:02AM

Sunday, July 08, 2007
Over the years, I have read a lot of Jewish religious literature geared towards non-Orthodox Jews written by Orthodox Jews. They usually white wash everything in the Orthodoxy.
For example, they cite how all circumcised Jews will be let into Shamayim, Heaven by our father Abraham. What they don’t know is the doctrine that an evil person, a rasha, will have his foreskin sown back on to make him uncircumcised so he will be denied entrance to Shamayim.
A second point is that the Orthodox books I read as a child said that “all you have to be is a ‘simple’ Jew.” Yes, but when I was at Yeshivat D’var Yerushalayim one of the rabbis said, “OK but you have to know and do a lot to be a ‘simple Jew.”
Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach has a story which you can hear on my website at [store.mixonic.com] called “The Shepherd Boy who Loved G-d”. The story is about how there was a little shepherd boy who served G-d with all his heart and he was basically on the highest spiritual level attainable.
But when I was at D’var, I was told that the rabbis would then have to take the boy and sit him down to learn at the House of Study (the Beit Midrash) or all would be futile and lost.
A further piece revolves around Chabad using deception, specifically Rabbi Goldberg who’s the Rosh Yeshiva at Hadar HaTorah. I was talking to him about the fact that I no longer keep kosher and I mentioned to him about how a friend of my family came here from Israel and ate dog food because he thought it was for humans.
Rabbi Goldberg told me, “You know in the Torah, it says that non-Kosher food is dog food.” I told him off because I read and speak Hebrew now and I asked him to show book to me that actually says that. You have to be careful when dealing with these rabbis.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.