Cult Of The "Hugging Saint" or "Amma"
Posted by: myownsoul ()
Date: June 27, 2007 03:37AM

Popularly known throughout the media as the "Hugging Saint", this dangerous cult operates under the guise of charity and "compassion". This cult thrives on emotional manipulation and absolute obedience to their guru "Amma." Amma is proclaimed and deified as a living God, and followers are encouraged to pray to her and count on her for all of their material and spiritual concerns. Followers believe that Amma is omnipresent and omniscient and hears every single thought that passes through their mind. Many young people leave their families behind for a life of "seva" (for all intents and purposes slave labor) in return for self-realization. Beware the soft and harmless way this cult is portrayed in the media. They are running a multi billion dollar operation and have the $$$ for all of the publicity you see. In the meanwhile, those who accept Amma as their guru are plummeted into the depths of psychological brainwashing and emotional manipulation. :shock:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myownsoul ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:32AM

I would just like to add to the above post that I am very interested in hearing from others who have become disenchanted by Ammachi or the organization, have lost loved ones to this cult and am also interested in the stories of former devotees. There is very little of this type of thing online because many who have spoken up have been threatened by the organization or its devotees. Please share your story. Thank you and blessings.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 28, 2007 03:17AM

myownsoul
I would just like to add to the above post that I am very interested in hearing from others who have become disenchanted by Ammachi or the organization, have lost loved ones to this cult and am also interested in the stories of former devotees. There is very little of this type of thing online because many who have spoken up have been threatened by the organization or its devotees. Please share your story. Thank you and blessings.

As a former casual attendee at Amma's events, I can assure you that you are not alone. Two good resources are the Ammachi Free Speech Zone on Yahoo! Groups and the ex-amma Yahoo group, which is private. On the Ammachi Free Speech Zone, however, I should warn you that there are several pro-Amma fanatics who will slam any dissenters, especially ckenilley and E. Lamb (jyotsna). Their own words do incredible harm to the "pro-Amma" side as they are so vicious, condescending and insulting.

[groups.yahoo.com]

[groups.yahoo.com]

Amma ignores LAX Hilton boycott...

[www.ammatour.info]

Jody of Guruphiliac has extensive Amma coverage

[guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:21PM

In Australia this cult apparently hangs out at Newtown although I personally have not seen them there. They have a small prescence on the Gold Coast as well. There was a story in the Australian Newspapers last year about how one of her gatherings here was responsible for an outbreak of chickenpox. How holy could these hugs be? :?

For all the charity that they claim to do in both of these locations none of the followers praising her were able to show me a single thing. I am looking out for them to do anything with their criminal disciple Kruciam Paramahamsa who is apparently planning to open an arts warehouse/commune in Sydney in the near future and will definitely be working on making noise against them if there is any such thing. He has been targetting young people for recruitment and gets along very well with Science of Identity cult members as well enough so that I was attacked and stalked by this freaky little man for talking about them.

Thanks for those links Shanti, I am interested in reading through them all.

I would like to know more about if they practice or recruit through meditation?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.