Leftist Cult - Spark
Posted by: jaia ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:08AM

Is anyone familiar with the Leftist cult called "Spark?" They have offices in Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, and I think California. I had a several years long relationship with someone in this group and it was a complete roller coaster ride. Sometimes, out of the blue, the person would break up with me, this was especially prevalent when we were actually happy. I've often wondered if they saw that the person was getting happy and feeling good, so they made them break up with me to take away any goodness.

Also, the person would go away for a few weeks, especially during holidays. During this time the person was "not allowed" to call me and let me know they'd arrived. thanksgiving was always spent with this group. They did not allow this person any contact with family, except through a nasty photocopied letter. When this person came back from the secret "trips" they exhibited many weird behaviors. This person had to ask permission even to spend a long weekend with me. I was also asked to meet someone in the group to see if I was appropriate and the person could still see me. They were "checking me out." It was weird.

The person gave most of their money to the group and spent most of their time selling papers, going to "meetings," trying to recruit, doing work on the leader's country house (using my tools), and working at a part-time job and giving them all their money. The person never had any money and often asked me for donations for the group. I always said no.

There's more I could write about... I am just wondering if anyone else had had any experience with someone in this group, or a group like it. I understand there's only like 35 members USA-wide, and that most are older.

They also had fake names that they called each other. I found this out accidentally, and it was confirmed when we were at the movies and a person called the cult member by their cult name.

I am using the terms "they," "them," and "their" because I am afraid that some of the group members may monitor this site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Leftist Cult - Spark
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:52PM

You may want to ask around in here:

[board.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.