Larry Wollersheim has his own "religious cult"?
Posted by: Lulu Belle ()
Date: March 23, 2007 06:18AM

Larry Wollersheim is the person who sued and won a multimillion dollar lawsuit against the Church of Scientology. He is the co-founder of FACTnet, a non-profit organization dedicated to the exposure of cults.

However....

It appears that Larry has founded his [i:e2bba6bac5]own[/i:e2bba6bac5] religious cult.

[www.integrativespirituality.org]

From the donations page:

[i:e2bba6bac5][b:e2bba6bac5]What it Means to Your Integral Spiritual Lifestyle When You Donate to Integrative Spirituality [/b:e2bba6bac5]

You honor your soul/spirit by supporting a clear integral and integrative path for articulating it's highest values.

You liberate and pay tribute to your highest self and the Divine within you.

A portion of your spending becomes aligned to support your best integral visions for a better world.

Abundance is released and flows like a river for you and others to receive and drink from.

You make a statement "My life is about more than just accumulation".

Others are inspired by your support commitment and actions to bring about a better world for self and others.

When your attention is put on contribution to a common, beneficial and larger union, new and unexpected areas of your life will begin to flourish.

Courage and strength is developed when one can let go and give.

Letting go of what you have been holding onto opens up new spectrums of possibilities. [/i:e2bba6bac5]

<snip>

[i:e2bba6bac5][b:e2bba6bac5]Other Ways to Donate, Personal Property, Planned Giving[/b:e2bba6bac5]

Donate Personal Property:

Yachts, Automobiles and Airplanes
Items of significant value: Jewelry, Art, Antiques and Other Collectibles
Stock/Securities
Donate Real Property/Estate

Planned Giving
Will/Bequest

Specific Bequest
Residual Bequest
Contingent Bequest

Trust Bequests

Irrevocable Trusts
Revocable Trusts
Individual Trusts

Life Income

Charitable Gift Annuity
Charitable Remainder Trust
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
Charitable Lead Trust
Life Insurance

Retirement Plans [/i:e2bba6bac5]

Does anyone have any information about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 24, 2007 11:55PM

Lu Lu Belle:

What independent news report by a local newspaper, wire service has published that this is a "religious cult"?

Anyone?

Are you a Scientologist or what?

Date: March 25, 2007 12:41AM

rrmoderator
Lu Lu Belle:

What independent news report by a local newspaper, wire service has published that this is a "religious cult"?

Anyone?

Are you a Scientologist or what?

Sorry. I'm not as educated in this subject as you are. I didn't realize that a newspaper or wire service had to publish something about something being a cult for it to be a cult.

It looked like a cult to me. If I'm mistaken, then I apologize.

No, I'm not a Scientologist. I'm an ex-Scientologist.

Why do you ask?

Date: March 31, 2007 11:36PM

Lulu Belle:

I asked if you were a Scientologist, because Scientologists frequently attack Wollersheim.

A group can be a "cult" without anyone reporting about it in the media.

But typically if a group hurts people it may generate media attention, as Scientology has so often over the years.

Date: April 01, 2007 06:17AM

rrmoderator
Lulu Belle:

I asked if you were a Scientologist, because Scientologists frequently attack Wollersheim.

A group can be a "cult" without anyone reporting about it in the media.

But typically if a group hurts people it may generate media attention, as Scientology has so often over the years.

So, someone can start a "new religious movement" (on [i:6deb8b41e7]a ship[/i:6deb8b41e7] by the way; who does that sound like?), suggest people donate things to said movement like trust funds and airplanes, and is, in general, acting like a "cult"?

But because the person heading it won a lawsuit against ANOTHER cult he couldn't possibly have started a cult himself?

Ever read "Animal Farm"?

Look.

I'm not saying this is a cult or isn't one.

But to imply that anyone who questions it "must be a Scientologist" is not exactly what I would call "impartial, critical thinking".

The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

Date: April 01, 2007 11:43PM

LuLu Belle:

I just asked you a simple question to better understand where you are coming from.

As said previously, tThere are a lot of Scientologists attacking Scientology's critics (e.g. Wollersheim) on the Internet.

I have not received any complaints regarding FactNet or Wollersheim that would support the conclusion thatWollersheim has somehow created a "cult."

But if you find facts to support this view let me know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.