Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Joy of Satan
Posted by: kath ()
Date: July 31, 2006 05:44AM

I found this group via their scandalous link to a neo-nazi organisation which was reported on [www.cultnews.net].

Being a bit of an occultist I was intrigued. But there seems to be little or no critical thinking exercised by members.

There is an expose of them here

[satanspowers.webspace4free.biz]

I was thinking that I really should mention them on this forum, but before I did, this reached my inbox:-

To: (me)
Date: 30-Jul-2006 21:09
Subject: Did you know about the JOS?
-----------------
Warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader:

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is
characterized as "persecution".

Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation
and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
---------------

-Plus other useful info by rick ross:)

I don't know this *****_cult (edited to hide what may be part of their name)

On the mailing list of JoS people often report bizarre unsolicited mail such as this sent to them, though most seems to have a christian theme.

It seems the JoS has very determined 'enemies'/people 'on the turn' within the organisation- and that these enemies have access to group member's email addresses.

Has anyone any other experiences of this group?
Love
Kath

Options: ReplyQuote
Joy of Satan
Posted by: IndieQueen ()
Date: August 01, 2006 08:38PM

Well, Kath, it seems I have a new hobby for the next few days. I'll let you know if I get any strange emails from these people.

Joy of Satan
Date: August 02, 2006 01:40AM

What are your plans for this new hobby?:)
Love
Kath

Joy of Satan
Date: August 02, 2006 02:01AM

Not quite sure yet. It won't involve poking them with a stick, though. As tempting as that may be, I'll restrain myself. :)

Seriously, I want to learn as much as I can about them and see what's going on there. Just a little case of curiosity killing the cat, I suppose.

Joy of Satan
Date: August 02, 2006 06:02AM

make sure you don't 'go native' and become one of them entirely:)

Joy of Satan
Date: August 02, 2006 09:57AM

I can assure you that will not happen. :) What I read made me smirk and giggle all at once. Hmmmm, would that be a smiggle?

Joy of Satan
Date: August 21, 2006 07:07AM

There's a whole forum where ex-members of JOS are sharing their experiences of the group here :-

[s13.invisionfree.com]

The forum's creator, Dann, allowed me to share with you these 10 manipulative tricks High Priestess Maxine uses. He's written an excellent article on it there but I will summarise here.

#1 When challenged she will end a sentence with "I know this"- claiming divine knowledge.

#2 She will claim knowledge by saying "I took a course on this in university" even though she says this about a lot of things. In fact she only has a small income, so couldn't really study so much.

#3 "Satan did this and this and this for me" to convince people she is favoured by Satan.

#4 "Have faith In Satan"- to encourage people to stay with the group even if they are getting no 'results' in their lives

#5 "This is what Satan wants" asserting that she is the divine mediator between satan and his followers. Also to get others to do exactly what she wants.

#6 "I have heard from others that..." allows her to spread rumours such as that a prominent apostate has AIDS, without any comeback as she can say it's just what she's heard from others.

#7 "If you leave the JOS you are not a Satanist and going AGAINST Satan" -Does this line sound familiar to anyone, if the god's name is changed?

#8 "Look at what happened to this person when they left Satan!" Classic scaremongering.

#9 "You can speak with Satan too, but only after years of meditation and dedication to him, however if what you hear counters what he tells me, you are not strong enough to hear him yet"-making people lose confidence in their own powers of discernment/decision-making.

#10 Speaking against Maxine or the JOS = Speaking Against Satan!-used to silence people or make those who speak out against the JOS be ignored or hated by those within it.
---------------
As it can be seen, several of these tactics are also used by controlling Christian sects.

What wasn't mentined in this list is extortion of money out of people, although "I have heard from others that..." this goes on :)

Joy of Satan
Posted by: Miss Ann ()
Date: August 23, 2006 11:45AM

The fact that Maxine tells every one that Satan is a Loveing God then says that Satan wants us to hate differant races is sick :!: she counterdicts herself

Joy of Satan
Date: August 23, 2006 08:29PM

Hey Kath, I ran this one by my friend who is a Satanist. As far as I know, he's still laughing. Now, bear in mind, he follows LaVey's teachings, so some of this stuff seems absolutely nuts to him. I can almost wave everything else off except for the hatred and the impression I get that this woman like surrounding herself with underaged boys. Some of what I've read is from 15 and 16 year olds who were high-priests. That's a bit concerning to me.

Joy of Satan
Date: August 23, 2006 10:08PM

IndieQueen
Some of what I've read is from 15 and 16 year olds who were high-priests. That's a bit concerning to me.

That has been suggested on [www.overthrow.com]

I don't think she often meets them in real life. On one of the rare occassions (mentioned on the website whose URL is in the first post in this thread) 'High Priestess' Maxine took the lady visiting her shopping for a fridge for Maxine's home (Which I think either the other lady was paying for or was being paid for via 'donations' towards the JoS' 'charitable' works.
Love
Kath

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.