the church of wells (YMBBA)
Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 06:47AM

This group was formerly known as YMBBA. They have changed their name and their website, which is now thechurchofwells.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the church of wells (YMBBA)
Date: January 18, 2013 01:55AM

My friend from youth group is stuck in a cult, the One on Wells, Texas.

I've heard from several families who lost relatives to this cult and it's super sad. So, I decided to pray. Please join me if you'd like. It's just a facebook page but I wanted to create a space for the families to unite, encourage one another and believe God together for the safety of their loved ones.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: secondmama ()
Date: February 14, 2013 05:53AM

Hi..I am new to this forum..approximately a year ago a young man who is my sons best friend....and is like a third son to us...and lived with us....decided one day to leave behind most of his belongings..get in his truck and head to wells Texas...what we do know that precipitated this event..may be able to be of some help to others who have lost their loved ones....so a little history...he attended and was a graduate of calvary chapels Bible institute in meniffee..Calif...he graduated from it....may I say here that this is absolutely nothing against that church .we attend calvary ourselves...our home church for many years.....afterwards he lived with us for a time...seemed pretty solid spiritually...but unsure of exactly where God was leading....Kind tenderhearted young man....we so love him....the one thing that did raise a red flag...but not until later was a certain disgruntledness with some of the theology taught at that school....I chalked it up to age old discussion of Calvinism vs armenianism....didn't think too much about....people are always going to have doctrinal issues....he got a job teaching....told my son...he followed suit....they worked together...got a place...played music....this young man had a girlfriend...by all outward appearances things appeared okay...unknown to us...my husband and myself....this kid was in communication with another kid who he had gone to the school with....apparently there was a much bigger picture of these guys breaking off from calvary with something to prove...other kid moved to Texas...as their communication grew via cell phone....which we we unaware of....he began to exhibit different and isolative behavoir....we didn't know the cause..but were very concerned...wasn't himself...seemed sad confused distant...turned down an internship at a church back east...didn't feel worthy...seemed to be under weight of self condemnation...shut out his family...friends...and one day looked at my son...said he was leaving...never looked back..now claims he was never saved...and neither is most everyone who loves him....really....this was a kid who took his 5th and 6 th graders out....laid out the gospel..at the risk of his job..because of the love of Jesus for these kids...this was a kid who prayed with us and for us when my youngest child chose a life of addiction...who stepped in to mentor...pray for him...this is a kid who hugged me...discussed the things of God...encouraged me when I battled thrum both stage 4 cancer..and my youngests addiction....the Bible says our fruits we shall be known.....he had the fruit of the spirit in his life...was he perfect...nope...r any of us...no....there is none perfect...but...the last I read...we were saved by grace....not perfection....that we have a loving God who listens to us and forgives us and separates our sins as far as the east is from the west...he has lost sight of this....and we have lost him....my heart is overwhelmed with sadness over this situation....I know his parents are heartbroken....as I pray for him....I pray for all whose lives have been touched by this group...I pray God lifts the veil...removes the blinders...returns them to the knowledge of his grace....his mercy.....and most of all ...his love

Date: August 12, 2015 05:12AM

A couple years ago I wrote a few messages giving my support to the Church of Wells. This was before I had actually met any of the members.
Since I gave such a favorable account, I felt it was encumbent on me now to say, with sincere grief, that I withdraw any support and approval for this group.
Let me just state that things are very different in real life than what is presented over the internet. Scripture says that those who worship the Lord must worship Him in spirit and in truth, and that Satan is the father of lies.
I urge any one who intends to have contact with any one in this group to use extreme caution, and remember that Christ will never contradict the written word of God. Keep in mind the following scriptures: Matt. 24:4,5 & 23,24; Mk.13:5,6 & 21-23; Lk. 21:8; 2 Thess. 2:3-12; and 1 Jo.4:1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.