Mafu Penny Torres
Posted by: gpredko ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:01AM

Hi Rick,
Here's some links to news about this group. They are very similar to Ramatha the "channeler." What astounds me is that both of these groups(also like Bagwan sri Rashneesh) attract professionals and the well-educated among others. I guess you can be a "educated fool" as well as an-uneducated fool. This"leader" also gets into physical altercations! Here is the links as well as some cutting and pasting of articles.

[www.support-talkers.net]

[www.talkaboutsupport.com]

who speak in the language of another country. Penny Torres, of southern California, channels Mafu, who claims to have lived as a leper in the first century. During her channeling sessions with Mafu, Torres invokes her spirit's voice using what sounds vaguely like a present-day British accent.
But British accents, says Thomason, could date back no further than 800 A.D. "If you had a time machine, you would probably only have to go a few hundred years back in English history before you would no longer perceive English speakers as having what we think of as a British accent," she explains. "The sounds of English have changed so much since then that the Old English of that period would sound to us more like German than like modern English."

It may well be the case that these channellers originally did have an authentic contact with a non-physical intelligence, but as their fame and wealth grew they became more egotistic, closed off to the higher worlds, and had to resort to trickery. This can sometimes lead to the channeler, even more than the poor devotees, being left looking like a fool. When Penny Torres, who channels Mafu, came to Australia, preceeded and accompanied by a fan-fare of ads and articles in the various New Age magaiznes, she had the hubris to appear on national television (it was one of those current affair talk-shows with a studio audience; I don't remember which one, it could have been Parkinson on the ABC). Faced with an audience of sceptical critics instead of the naive doe-eyed faithful she is used to, her act very quickly fell to pieces. Under pressure Ms Torres lost the New York Jewish granny accent that "Mafu" uses. At one point someone in the audience asked her if she could recite a little Latin (Mafu being an entity who supposedly last appeared on Earth as a first century Greek). She got a little flustered naturally. The heckler pointed out that surely she should know something, even from Catholic high school days. Ms Torres naturally became even more flustered. As far as I know, Mafu has never returned to Australia since, nor have there been any more articles about "his" teachings in any alternative magazines.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mafu Penny Torres
Posted by: gpredko ()
Date: June 22, 2006 02:35AM

Hi, Has anyone had any expereinces with the Mafu/Penny Torres group?
Thanks.

Mafu Penny Torres
Posted by: lost ()
Date: March 03, 2007 01:39AM

Hello! I am also looking for info on this Penny Torres/Mafu. and any info on her family if any??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.