Current Page: 69 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: June 08, 2012 08:06PM

To Jack Miles: no, i do not know the dean at all. His name and picture are on the website. I am very sorry for your hurts. I hope and pray you will be able to stick with God and just listen to Him. He does love you very much but even He cannot stop people from sinning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: June 13, 2012 03:15AM

i noticed they are trying to get this forum off of the front page when they search and i found alot of sites like this
[geronimoaguilar.com]
they are trying so hard LOL

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: June 13, 2012 03:41AM

regarding the above link, wonder what "Beauty OF Ashes" is??? and WHO ARE THOSE KIDS???? I know the person who posted the link did not compile it. But I'm glad you made it known. This link doesn't sound like worshiping Jesus, it souds like . . . . worshiping . . . . someone else . . . (????)

Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: June 13, 2012 11:08PM

I also found out now that since the daycare is takeing state vouchers for day care they raised it from 60 a week to 120 a week so people who have been using the daycare cant even afford it no more and there kids are getting booted out

all for the mighty dollar if you got money or on welfare will help you out but if your a hard working family to bad

also to those who follow this forum and run and tell your daddy what is on here you need to tell those people who collect welfare (foodstamps) and they live at the rsum you no who i am talkin bout the same people who had to get there rooms moved around because they needed to have cable in there room , wich i dont understand why if your doing gods work how would you have time to watch t.v cause no other disciple does anyways back on subject
its against the law to collect welfare it has been reported already

you cant collect government assistance if your primary address is a buisness wich is how the church has it thats how they are able to kick people out with out a 30 day notice like the rest of society has to do .

for evry 1 else I am currently talking to a free lance writer ( they always find storys to launch there carrers) they got very intrested when i showed them some emails and video i will keep you updated

Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:45AM

That's a shame about the daycare. What would Jesus do I wonder?

Well whatever your writer friend does, he needs to be careful. The ROC is extra paranoid about this site and everything it discusses - why else hire someone to clean your record on the web (which isn't working out, might want to take the gentleman you hired off of retainer and save that money every month)? I'm sure you know (because I know who you are) that there was already a fairly large lawsuit filed against some of the people who used to post here. Now, a lot of that is because of the manner in which they handled things - but don't think that G doesn't have someone ready to go to bat for him - he knows he needs it and wouldn't take the chance.

I would also venture to guess that the majority of those who do draw a monthly check for the ROC would get more money from assistance and entitlement programs. It is, of course, because the ROC is broke, and can't pay those who slave away over there. Unfortunate what people sometimes have to resort to to get by - it isn't justifiable because it's dishonest - but it's understandable.

Posted by: shafted ()
Date: June 16, 2012 11:59PM

I would like to know how you can have a school of ministry and not have a library. This seems very strange to me. I wanted to donate some theological stuff from my seminary days many years ago but they refered me to the thrift store!

Date: June 17, 2012 02:18AM

They do - it's a very small room in the front of the school facing Chamberlayne. There is little to nothing there (there wasn't the last time I was there anyway). The classes they teach (such as New Testament Survey) are done out of a book the teacher holds onto, the students don't get copies. It helps to keep down on confusion, or people reading things and discovering stuff that might be considered "dissenting" thoughts or opinions.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: June 18, 2012 04:40AM

findthelies
They do - it's a very small room in the front of the school facing Chamberlayne. There is little to nothing there (there wasn't the last time I was there anyway). The classes they teach (such as New Testament Survey) are done out of a book the teacher holds onto, the students don't get copies. It helps to keep down on confusion, or people reading things and discovering stuff that might be considered "dissenting" thoughts or opinions.

Do they issue textbooks to the students?

Date: June 18, 2012 05:43AM

Not when I was there, no. Which, to a degree, is probably good. If they're teaching from the bible, and that's all anyone is expected to bring to class (that and a pen and notebook), I don't think that's altogether a bad thing actually.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: June 18, 2012 10:57AM

findthelies
Not when I was there, no. Which, to a degree, is probably good. If they're teaching from the bible, and that's all anyone is expected to bring to class (that and a pen and notebook), I don't think that's altogether a bad thing actually.

I can assure you that Christian colleges have textbooks for their religion courses. There are all kinds or choices available for books that fit the theology of the institution.

Current Page: 69 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.