Current Page: 53 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 02, 2011 12:09AM

wiseserpent has been banned from this message board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: KNOWZtheTRUTH ()
Date: August 02, 2011 12:49AM

I must be missing something. Moderator, may I ask, what did wiseserpent say or do that was bad enough to get them banned?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:28AM

KNOWZtheTRUTH:

wiseserpent broke the rules of this message board, which everyone must agree to before posting here.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated and are grounds for banning the author from this message board."

"Any person that is here to cause trouble, start arguments and/or intimidate people, will be banned."

Personal attacks will not be approved.

Repeated attempts to post personal attacks will result in being banned.

Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: August 02, 2011 02:52AM

wiseserpents - although you've been banned from this board, i've no doubt this message will reach you because you are eager to defend the roc, so here you are:

"God uses people." If you know Pastor G (which you evidently do) then you've heard this. If you believe what they say enough to back them up, then I'd assume you probably endorse that thought. That being said, how do you think God gets his work done? Isn't that why missionaries AS PEOPLE are taking the gospel all over the world? Isn't that why people go soulwinning here at home? Because we are God's vehicles to get His work done. That's why. have you never heard of being a tool in the Master's hands? That's what it is. Does it borderline on gossip? Of course, depending on the definition. Gossip is something that discredits, hurts, or destroys credibility of another that is disparaging and untrue. Does that occur on this forum? Of course. Anyone who says they know for a fact they steal from the offering plate is gossiping. The only people who would know that would have to have been there, and I wouldn't out myself as being knowledgeable of that practice, as it might implicate you. That is obviously gossip. Is there dispute as to what the ROC actually does with the funds that they receive? Of course, and rightfully so. So is there a right way to approach this? Once again, yes, that is part of the purpose of this site - to get people together with like experiences who have been harmed so that they can share those experiences and possibly move forward with righting the wrongs that were done - that's what is happening here. People from the ROC who try to correct many that post here will more than likely end up eating crow.

Also - what do you have to say about those who have left the ROC in terms of being completely demonized and made to look evil? Sometimes it's the case that they were indeed a
bad seed", but many times, the people who you'd think would be most useful in a church because of traits like honesty and faithfulness are the ones kicked to the curb the fastest because they'll blow the whistle on wrongdoing (which apparently is wrong - your logic, not mine). So instead, we continue to believe that those people are the enemy, even though there are likely hundreds if not thousands that feel the same way and know that things there are bad. THOSE are the ones who are gossiped about; the ones whose characters get assassinated. Meanwhile, G can claim church persecution and then come people like you out on the front line to defend him....please...peddle your ideas elsewhere. As if it isn't bad enough that this goes on, IT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF GOD! I can think of very few things more blasphemous than this!

Additionally, when you say that God is working there and that's why it's still kicking - that might be. But even so, and again, I quote Master G, "It's never right to do wrong to do right." - Has said this MANY MANY times. He must mean it or believe it. So is it right for you to come on here and throw around some bible (something that is right) so that you can protect a man doing wrong (which is the WRONG thing to do) so that he can continue to abuse the position that he is in (which in your eyes, in this situation, is right)? Using his own logic, he should be ousted.

And it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't train people into "following them as they follow Christ" - btw, I know the Apostle Paul said this, but these men aren't the Apostle Paul. They do this to the extent of training people through their choice of scripture and the requirements of being there trap them into blindly defending the leadership. If you don't believe that, question why one of the Pastors or leaders doesn't soulwin with everyone else, or anything that might make them look they are not what they claim to be and see how long you get to stick around and where you end up (if they let you stay).

It comes down to this - if something is wrong - it doesn't matter how someone necessarily "feels" about the variables in the situation - wrong is wrong. Christianity and belief is something that, for the believer, must be grounded in truth. These truths shape how you interact with and address others, and any situation or variable you may encounter in life. For example - If you believe in finding no fault in leadership, then you, as a Christian, according to what you believe, should not speak out against something like abortion. The leadership has been ordained and can do no evil - if they say it's ok, then it must be ok. That being said, do you believe in condoning abortion? Or would you choose to use your free speech to stand for what you KNOW to be the right thing? Just a question of personal conviction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 02:54AM by findthelies.

Posted by: reallyppl? ()
Date: August 02, 2011 04:16AM

just curious to know. marsha when will you be posting the controlling spiritual leaders post from facebook as jackie p requested. i think it was soo good and people need to see it and evaluate some things...

Date: August 02, 2011 07:54AM

I believe this is it reallyppl you were asking for --- "Controlling Spiritual Leaders - In an unhealthy church, the pastor actually begins to take the place of Jesus in people's lives. Commonly, people are told they should not leave the church. The pastor as well as church leaders usually put down people who leave and label them as haters or persecutors. The implication is that God will not bless their decision, or they will be cursed in some way, resulting in failure and disappointment. Controlling spiritual leaders use this kind of reasoning to manipulate people. We must understand the process a church goes through to reach this point of deception. Because many pastors measure their success through church attendance, they may become disappointed and threatened if people leave their church. If they are insecure, they may actually develop a doctrine in order to stop people from leaving. They may preach sermons about unconditional loyalty, using the biblical stories of David and Jonathan, or Elisha and Elijah...."

Date: August 02, 2011 08:21AM

Reallyppl? Hope you don't mind me posting the article, I believe you were referring to. I wasn't sure when one of them would be back on this site- and I agree with you..much evaluation is needed etc...

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: August 02, 2011 09:09AM

WOW.......I see there were a few that were banned.....well, I noticed lately that Pastor 'Gs' sermons or 'messages' were aired on channel 6 from some older messages.......what's wrong with showing 'whosoever' giving the message and giving it on the day it's delivered 6p service.....I am puzzled by this......why can't we the viewing public see a message delivered on Saturday night be from 'whosoever'........on the exact night of Saturday the next day on Sunday?! Pastor G leaves for a period of time.....Chill and Pastor G have a 'supposed' falling out and then.......the other leadership who fill in and give the message do not add up to 'Pastor Gs messages' so they show us some old manna messages....NOOOO!!!!! Not good enough.......I am helping my dad out the best way I can and this is it for right now......what's messed up with this picture?! In the 'corporate' world........they would call these things either a revamp, restructure or total overhaul......the third sounds better since it's The ROC!!!!!! My patient didn't enjoy it -94- -years old- and that's not normal! What's up at The ROC?! Brother Ranch......Pastor Ranch.......I hope for his 'full recovery'...but, his heart is in the right place just like Brother Bert Pastor Gs Uncle..........serving til the end.....it's NOT EASY.....and the free computer monitor, keyboard/mouse, tower..........everything worked except the tower....that's the 'HEARTBEAT' of the computer.......so, THANKS, BUT NO THANKS.....or since this 'IS' ramadan......I can say in Arabic......LA SHUKRAN.........

Posted by: mercy2all ()
Date: August 03, 2011 12:51AM

So you all still watch online, read the weekly devotionals & watch the CBS broadcast on Sunday mornings?

Date: August 03, 2011 01:52AM

NO

Current Page: 53 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.