Current Page: 42 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: SHERRY ()
Date: February 07, 2011 01:54AM

Instead of worrying about how much money the ROC thrift stores bring in, why don't you look at the thousands of dollars The ROC spends on helping the poor and the amount of food we give away every week! Our food ministry has gone up over 300% in the last yr. Where do you think those groceries come from? What about the homes for the homeless and battered women not to mention the homes for addicts to get clean and come to know God? All those things cost lots of money so why aren't we in a dump instead of a $20 million dollar bldg. where we moved in Debt Free? If Pastor G was pocketing all the money, how in the world did all of our buses and computer classes and homes for the downtrodden and lost get started???? You people are a bunch of "haters" that hate to see people happy...you just have to find something sinister about everything that is Good! Shame on all of you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SHERRY ()
Date: February 07, 2011 02:22AM

Pastor G is his own man not his father. The ROC is the ROC, not Set Free. Pastor Allen is a good man and Pastor Ranch is dying of cancer and you talk trash about them! My father was an alcoholic, womanizer and wife beater but that doesn't mean his son's are! We are all the children of GOD and that is what is important! Don't talk trash about Pastor G. He is a good God fearing man who cares about people and is trying to bring as many people possible to find Jesus before it's too late. If that is wrong, then we are all in big trouble.

Posted by: Iknow ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:25AM

Do not be deceived, we are not all children of God. Where does it say this in scripture, it states only that you Christ is your Lord and Saviour, are you HIS. And known of us are "good". That's what gets us into trouble. Thinking that we are good, that we have earned something because of the good that we do, ........ read your bible. Don't listen to what a man says, scripture states there will be wolves in sheep clothing.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:38AM

SHERRY:

Thanks for the public admissions you have made on this board for everyone to read.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Your response on another thread, which has been closed, regarding where the money goes and how it is accounted for in ROC is, "I really don't care!"

You also said, "Do I really have any say so in what the govt. does with my money?"

Apparently that means you have no "say so" about any of the finances at ROC.

But you do with the US government. There is a published budget in detail, which includes the salaries of every official. There is an elected democratic government that you can vote out. And there is meaningful financial oversight through OMB (Office of Management and Budget), not to mention the media reporting whatever they find through available records. There is also the US Constitution and our laws which enforce accountability.

Most Protestant churches have similar accountability through democratic governance and bylaws, but you admit, "I am not one who cares about the politics of the church and the staff...why would anyone want to get rid of them? THEY built it with Pastor G because GOD wanted it!"

"God"?

It appears from your admissions that there is no meaningful accountability at ROC and that Pastor G. can do whatever he likes. Apparently if you disagree with Pastor G. you disagree with what "God wanted."

Jesus said that many would come in his name, but he would not know them. He specifically warned about wolves in sheep's clothing. How do you know Pastor G. isn't one of the wolves, when there is no meaningful accountability or financial transparency at ROC?

Read the bible.

Paul recognized and criticized corrupt leaders in Galatians.

The bible also mandates accountability and leadership requirements for deacons, elders and evangelists.

Pastor G. seems to have no accountability whatsoever.

He appears to be little more than a dictator who can do virtually anything without meaningful oversight or financial transparency.

Thanks for clarifying the current status and situation at ROC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 04:39AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: February 07, 2011 06:35AM

annamays yes.........your son is an AMAZING singer...........who has a beautiful heart........married to a beautiful girl and my concern is that he has a problem which I am trying to quit..........there's about 75 percent or more people smoking........it's like a daggone revolving door........I had quit back in 2003 and then I gave in to it.......I used to be married to a drug addict/alcoholic and I picked up the habit with him........then THANK GOD I had quit!!! And I promised my mom as she lay dying in the ICU at Johnston Willis Hospital from complications of her cancer/treatments that I would quit smoking........I am finally 'not smoking'....but, I see that there's this 'appeal' of ANYTHING GOES here at The ROC.....yes you can be yourself......yes you can be yourself and be the stinkiest most horrible person and just come and hang out without any strings attached....no ACTUAL CHANGING..........no accountability..........I am concerned that Pastor or your former husband can't get up there and tell the 'REAL STORY' about his life!!! That concerns me.....and he has unfortunately opened the door for satan to swagger through the ROC at will.........I just hope that God can fix it and Pastor G will be obedient!!! God is pulling me out to be here for my dad right now and help him out as The ROC sucks dry the BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS of it's servants............His Uncle before he died hoped Pastor G would change................BUT, Pastor G bleeds just like me and you........He ain't God...........I pray that God can pull him to higher ground before he causes everyone he cares about to go down with him...........

Date: February 07, 2011 06:41AM

I did see how Pastor G was having his arms wrapped around this young girl and it didn't seem very appropriate! I was just standing there is STARK DISBELIEF!!! I was rather offended because I am funny about who handles young kids and if it was innocent I appologize, but I am NOBODIES FOOL.............I am true blue and know how defend myself from all EVIL..................physical or spiritual..........so if Pastor G is 'EVIL' --- don't use that term so loosely....... explain further...........HOW EVIL.......see I don't like seeing people 'EXPLOITED' or 'TREATED BAD'

Date: February 07, 2011 07:14AM

I went soul winning for a period of time.........I loved it at first and then as I see how the cards are written out.........it's like this...........I think people are turning in phony cards............lol.............and making it look good so that they can get on Pastor Geronimo's GOOD SIDE...........I think that's PURE BALONEY!!!!! I grew up on Boroughbride Road as a kid and I haven't heard yet that they are actually setting up satellite places in those hotels to BUST up things and clean up and turn things around...........Pastor G is relying on everybody elses ELBOW GREASE to do what HE'S SUPPOSEDLY SUPPOSED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO..............and my question is...........WHO WILL GET THE REWARDS LATER?!

Date: February 08, 2011 03:09AM

THIS IS MY PASTOR...........however long it takes for him to get his [pun] ACT TOGETHER...........is between him and God, but why must everyone ELSE suffer because he can't go out and do what God has called him to do................. but, another QUESTION I have is ............ is he getting it that it's from God to keep him humble and stop doing what he's doing or will it be too late........I reference an accident he had on his motorcycle.........miraculously he's still alive! His buddy Slammer passed away.........the woman that introduced herself she and her husband The Cochrans she passed away from complications of cancer treatements..........his Uncle passed away...........all the people who were in his life who had the know how and the brains are passing away left and right............and now he feels like he's pinned into a corner.........................I believe in Pastor G and all that he wants to do, but it's got to be HIM doing some things at The ROC and not all this nonsense about pushing his responsibilities off on everyone else and he sets back and acts like a little kid in the ice cream shop...........OKAY........it can be looked at I want to see my Pastor doing well..........and make the others look like wanton zombies............I actually shook the hand of a kid that I am very close to ...... God has placed a lot of wonderful kids in my path there, but the kid looked rough........he said he was too tired out from doing the bus ministry..........he wasn't his perky self..........always had a smile on his face.............ummmm.............EVERYTHING has an order to it and if a Pastor works their church to the point of EXHAUSTION...........and then goes out and keeps recruiting more.................I mean........I saw that also with a wonderful brother with ROC Auto..........he was being WORKED TO DEATH.........for 3 YEARS..........and NO LONGER at The ROC..............they did him in............when all is said and done if we have Jesus in our hearts already which we already do..........we don't need no stinkin' building to come to when He God expects us to come to him for everything............one on one............ministries are supposed to be set up to glorify God as one big family!!!!! But, I am not seeing that............it's OKAY..........the kids appeal to it..........it's fun..........and the message is good! But, if practices are going on that people shouldn't be doing behind the scenes................then it's nothing more than a BUSINESS...........A CLUB..............A POOL PARTY.............I am a caregiver and don't feel led to be there any longer! I am going out and do what God is calling me to do.....not Pastor G.............he's hot on himself......both he and his brother are a little bit arrogant...........snooty............I appear to be white, but I have Cherokee in my blood so purposely Chill acts like HE'S GOTTA DO A DOOTY IN HIS PANTS and can't stand to be near me..........just very immature and childish...........I wanted him to come to Richmond, VA and now I am upset with myself for having done so.................

Acts 9 KJV

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: February 08, 2011 04:45AM

To: notperfectyet: You have posted many good things. It sounds like you already know the answer. As far as "however long it takes for him to get his act together" . . . He's been in Richmond 10 yrs. +/-. WHat about his time in TX & CA ? These posts on misconduct sound like Christianity 101----the stuff you learn the first 3 months you are saved, not MULTIPLE years later. (like 2 decades).

I believe some of you need to do some plain, old fashioned HOMEWORK. Don't forget the many local area churches that are in financial partnership with the ROC as a home missions endeavor. Also, check it out for yourself and see just how simple it is to become an IRS 501(c) (3) orginazation. That might be where some of the grocery $$ comes from. The Apostle Paul wrote that folks should check out what he was teaching for themsllves-like the Breaens (sp??)We should check out the natural aspects as well. This thread just proves too many controvesires-we are instructed - COMMANDED RATHER to avoid even the APPREANCE OF EVIL. APPERANCE, APPREANCE-get it? (Google: How to apply for a 501(c)(3) )

Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: February 09, 2011 11:10PM

the fact of the matter is, is that something well alot of things are not above board @ the roc because if it where, staff and geranimo would do everything possible to make sure to give you honest answers, with no open ends for a quick escape as needed. truth be told geranimo has lied to me more then he ever told me the truth. if you cant keep your word, in your daily life, how can you ever call yourself a leader, let alone a pastor? as far as im concerned, the way he carries himself is a testimony too his lack of care or concern for anyone. sure he will use all the homes and so called ministries to tell you he cares and loves you.what better way to be able to hide who you really are. when the jig is up, and it will be we are all going to see the biggest vanishing act in the history of richmond, you better believe he has one in place. i thought you all would also like to know that the day i was asked to leave andrew made it clear to me that if i ever showed my face around gs house, he would shoot me! i filed a report with rich. pd the same day, just to have on record this is gs #1 understudy. when all the denial starts up about this you can verify it with the rich. pd

Current Page: 42 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.