Current Page: 34 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: July 24, 2010 05:56AM

Mr. G "blew it" with me when during a sermon he threatened to "punch out" people who were engaging in "church gossip", and during another teaching he said that he had a "bad lawyer" ("bad" as in aggressive), who wanted to sue people who were posting critical things about the ROC on the Internet.

The latter comment was what prompted me to do a Google search to find out what was being discussed, and that is how I found this forum!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!

FreeAtLast
Hi Shafted,

I know it feels like the two girls in Texas "SHOULD" come forth... almost like they have a responsibility but I can't help but to also sympathize with them. What must it have been like to have been sexually abused at that young of an age? And worse yet, by someone who you trusted and felt was a spiritual leader? The other thing I know from my experiences with Phil, Geronimo and others of Set Free is that when you dared not only to question or leave the church but to speak openly against the leaders/churches sins you were not ONLY ostracized. Some people have been intimidated, threatened and scared witless. The intimidations could be of a verbal and physical nature. For someone who is already dealing with some fear issues that's not something you invite into your life easily. So, though I hope/wish those girls or their family would come out and share their stories more openly to help others who may be or may have been going through the same thing with the same people I can understand if they are hesitant to mentally revisit, no less speak out publicly of the molestation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SetFreeFrmTheROC ()
Date: July 24, 2010 05:16PM

Why do people have a hard time believing that God says it, and MEANS it?

1 Timothy 3

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

A bishop then must be BLAMELESS, the husband of ONE wife, vigilant, sober, of GOOD behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Not given to wine, no striker, NOT greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, NOT a brawler, not covetous;

One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1 Timothy 4

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Posted by: WOW GOD ()
Date: July 25, 2010 05:20AM

Once again I'm compelled right or wrong to speak out about my experience with the Roc and PastorG . I don't know who the heck you guys are describing here, but it's not Gernimo Aquilar. I dont have anything to gain or loose, so what I have to say is truth based on what I have seen and witnessed at the Roc. Many will stumble on this post and believe what they read without ever giving Pastor G the benefit of the doubt. this is simply judgemental and totally unfair to him and his reputation. I have heard stories but no one has been able to bring forth facts to any of the accusations that have been brought against this pastor. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't at least share my experience with Pastor G!
Pastor Geronimo Aquilar is a very humble, loving, caring man of God who has totally laid down his life for the gospel of Christ. He is moved with much compassion for hurting, abused, rejected, addicted, displaced, people that other ministers in this city don't want to get their hands dirty with! He would give the shirt off of his back, and share the food from his table if he thought you were in need. There is NOTHING wrong with being blessed & prosperous, and in fact many of the men God used in powerful ways were very wealthy-look at Abraham. I really hate to break it to you, but every time you send a curse his way, an angel will intercept it with a double for your trouble blessng.
Many of the accusations that have been brought against this pastor are sins( if he did in fact commit them) of his youth. You guys are digging up stuff that he did almost 20 years ago. We don't know what happened between Geronimo & Stacee, so all that has been said about them is "hear say" without any real proof of wrong doing-people get divorced even in the church, and God the Father has been known to restore many lives after divorce. Sammy may have been 14 or 15 at the time she met him, but no one knows what happened with them behind closed doors, so to accuse him of rape is wrong. I had a boy friend at that age that was in his twenties, but he never laid a hand on me! I have met Sam and she is a beautiful, holy woman of God who teaches the women to be holy & modest in how they dress and act. Any way we slice & dice this Pastor G was still only 21 years old. At that age he didn't have the mental capacityto make wise choices like he would today with age & wisdom. Even IF he did what you guys have accused him of what about grace, mercy & forgiveness? Are you saying that God can forgive everyone but this man? Repentence is not always a public affair, and often times it's just between the Father and the sinner. Whether the stone throwers like it or not if he has repented God has forgiven him totally! I pray for just a moment for the Holy Spirit to stoop and begin to write in the sand all the sins of your youth....I think if he did, one by one you would all drop your boulders and walk away.
As far as the church viewing those who leave as "haters" or " outsider" is also a false statement. I started attending the Roc in early Jan. 2010 and for personal reasons that have nothing to do with Pastor G, I left the church in mid June. Pastor G was very supportive of this decision. He told me that he was there for me anytime I needed him or the Roc. He promised to keep me in his prayers. He never became cold, bitter, distant or angry at me for wanting to leave the church.
I haven't seen any proof of any wrong doing from this pastor and his exploding ministry. I will continue to support his efforts to reach the lost with the gospel of Christ, and follow him as he follows Christ. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I'm glad we all have freedom of speech on this open forum..... I hope those who stumble on this site like I did will at least give Pastor Geronimo Aquilar the opportunty to show you who he really is, and not be judged by unfounded rumors, the sins of his father, and things he did when he was but a youth....................

Posted by: iswideopen ()
Date: July 27, 2010 04:28AM

WOW GOD~ I don't care to know about Pastor G's youth. I know how he is NOW...No back bone. You think he cares about your soul, think again. He only wants the weak minded. Take a good look at his staff. They are ALL wantabes...Take Jason for instants, detective no, police officer yes but couldn't handle that job. How funny is that?

For the soul winning cards, I know the staff lies about them. I was at a friday night football game and seen a couple of the soul winning soilders standing near the fence (all of the game) and the next night at 6 o clock roc pastor G said over one hunderd young souls came to Christ at that football game. Same thing happened the following weekend. What a BIG LIE.

Posted by: friendofbill ()
Date: July 27, 2010 05:51AM

wowgod sorry he was quite a bit older when the texas thing happened. not a youth and you were at the roc 6 months and i was there much longr than that. we are not judging or having opinions on his fiascos. what do we gan by telling lies? whos sending curses not people on this site. you really dont know him and we are not speaking curses to this man. we are speaking the truth and some people refuse to believe the truth. you should have stayed their longer and youd know the truth today. he is so not who you describe. sorry dude. just curious why you left the roc afater a short stay. you wont see proof of wrongs because his flock of deceivers protect yet know the truth. these are not rumors you need to know. we know who he really is and thats why we all left. you should be glad you left but you really need to wise up. you are so wrong.

Posted by: trulyblessed ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:35PM

Please keep posting...I know for a fact they read everyone of these posts lol! the are so parinoid their cult is going to colapse before the money runs out
or before they all "come up", before or jesus comes back lol! These people are a joke , Jason , G, Tim, Ranch, whoever... Cult Cult Cult , text book definition in every single way I lived so I know , thank you Jesus i was set free/ when i left the tried to destroy my life & make sure I was homeless & instruced my freind not to help me ..It didnt work becouse God is good, and I kept the faith ! now im free from their lies and deciet! it is a matter of time before it game over for this place , and im going to kick back eat some popcorn & enjoy the highlights on the news! Thank you Jesus !

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:06AM

No offense to anyone, but I am observing that what is going on, on this site is a "Discerning" of behaviors based on the written Word of God. God's word clearly commands to have nothing to do with the "brethren" that Practice a sinful lifestyle. (You can look it up). This is a discerning of how to live YOUR life. We must discern things every day. Which route to take to work, whether to call that friend today, who refuses to make a change in their life, b/c today, YOU are just not up to the Drama. You still love your friend and would like to help them, but, . . . today, ya just don't have it. Please, ask God to release you from the hurt they caused you (notice I did not say to deny it . . . because I KNOW the hurt is real) then, you ask God to help you release them to God. WE do not sit on the Supreme Court. WE ARE, HOWEVER, COMMANDED NOT TO COVER UP SIN AND ALLOW IT TO CONTINUE. (just food for thought & prayer-remember Ted Haggart from Colorado?). My prayers are with you.

Date: July 28, 2010 05:26AM

The term "brainwash" has been used many times thru out this thread. I just want to make sure I'm[b on the same page with those using this term.

Dictonary.com provides the following: " Brainwash: To effect a radical change in the ideas & beliefs of a person especially by methods based on isolation,sleeplessness, hunger, extreme discomfort, pain and [accompained by?] the alternation of kindness and crulety." (cited 7/27/10)

If that is what happens there . . . THAT IS WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

A true conversion to christianity should, over time, effect a radical change in ones ideas and beliefs---based on revelation knowledge of the Word of God. We should eventually be copying Jesus. Becoming more and more Christ like. That process is call santification. This process should not be inflicted upon you by another.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:05AM

hismercy:

See [www.culteducation.com]

Actually the dictionary definition is very general and not always accurate.

Though "sleeplessness, hunger, extreme discomfort, pain" might be used they are not always used.

It's far more subtle.

The key factors that distinguish coercive persuasion from other training and socialization schemes are:

1. The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance

2. The use of an organized peer group

3. Applying interpersonal pressure to promote conformity

4. The manipulation of the totality of the person's social environment to stabilize behavior once modified

Robert Lifton labeled the extraordinarily high degree of social control characteristic of organizations that operate reform programs as their totalistic quality (Lifton 1961). This concept refers to the mobilization of the entirety of the person's social, and often physical, environment in support of the manipulative effort. Lifton identified eight themes or properties of reform environments that contribute to their totalistic quality:

1. Control of communication

2. Emotional and behavioral manipulation

3. Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology

4. Obsessive demands for confession

5. Agreement that the ideology is faultless

6. Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

7. Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

8. Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

Date: July 28, 2010 10:23PM

Thank you. I was not familar with that but I can see how this behavior is so subtle. And yes the dictionary defination is somewhat generic. One question I have is WHAT compelles people to behave this way? Could this be based in childhood abandonment? It is something like: "Since everyone from my past has left me [rejected me], I going to make sure you cannot, b/c you cannot make it without me."?

No surprise but this sounds like gang mentality.

I'd like to make one other point. A ROC supporter posted several pages back that Pastor G is the first to say he is a sinner. We all do sin, that is not the point here. Shouldn't we ALL say about ourselves what God's word says about us? Why do we not say:

"Lord, your word says 'If ANY man be in Christ, he IS a new creature. Old things have passed away, behold, all things are become new.' (2 cor. 5:17). Therefore I AM A NEW CREATURE. I'm not the same person I used to be. Today, when I sin, You are there and you look at me thru the blood of your son who died for me. Jesus "became sin for me so that I could become the righteousness of God IN HIM" (2 cor. 5:21)

We have been given the free gift of right standing with God. It was not earned. The global church needs to talk about that right standing (righteousness) and not the contiunation of living a sinful lifestyle (BEING a sinner)This just sounds very 1st grade to me.

That's all I have.

Current Page: 34 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.