Current Page: 23 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: rancher ()
Date: June 24, 2009 10:41PM

garbage. garbage? if u stay n it long enuf it doesnt smell anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 25, 2009 02:56AM

Want to read a good book that talks about the testimony that is given at the ROC - read all about it in this book (if you can find one - funny the book sold for 14.95 on Amazon - a private seller has it listed for 129.00) Book was easy to come by until these postings started back in October/November. the book cannot be found anywhere. Wonder who bought them all up. The real story is in there. Christianity's Executioners: A Woman's Story of Survival (Mass Market Paperback) by Lois Trader (Author) Besides the relationship of a father and son and how they met, the book supports the father's endeavors and ministry. Makes for good reading. Will enlighten you.

Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: June 27, 2009 12:44AM

i did sit face to face with him after all this and he lied right to my face again and refused to take responsibility for the way he handled things

Date: June 28, 2009 11:10PM

burry = if 1 is trained by an exprt deceiver 1 is ? - exprt deceiver. look at sf. master manipulater. master deceiver. why b surprised? he is what his trainer is. read mark 13-5

Date: July 13, 2009 04:38AM

I am a former attender at the ROC. I was dating a leader of the house of Hyles. I was insistent that our relationship NOT include sex as I was desperately trying to purify my life.

However as a leader of house of Hyles, he was physicaly demanding to have sex. Aren't they not supposed to drink if they are a leader of the homes for recovering alcoholics and addict. Evey night he came over all he wanted to do was stay at my place and drink alcohol.

I questioned this and tried to break up with the guy. As a result he started showing up at my place, harassing me w phone calls. I tried to call Pastor G and G said he knew the guy and he knew he would never be presuring me for sex and that he KNEW the leader would never be drinking alcohol either.

He never ever held his leader accountable, the same as G is not accountable for his actions either.

Pastor G and this leader were child hood addicts together in CA, and later met up here in VA.

Ths leader later "dies in his sleep of natural causes". I heard and immediately suspected drug use.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: July 13, 2009 11:21AM

FormerROCbeliever
I am a former attender at the ROC. I was dating a leader of the house of Hyles. I was insistent that our relationship NOT include sex as I was desperately trying to purify my life.

However as a leader of house of Hyles, he was physicaly demanding to have sex. Aren't they not supposed to drink if they are a leader of the homes for recovering alcoholics and addict. Evey night he came over all he wanted to do was stay at my place and drink alcohol.

I questioned this and tried to break up with the guy. As a result he started showing up at my place, harassing me w phone calls. I tried to call Pastor G and G said he knew the guy and he knew he would never be presuring me for sex and that he KNEW the leader would never be drinking alcohol either.

He never ever held his leader accountable, the same as G is not accountable for his actions either.

Pastor G and this leader were child hood addicts together in CA, and later met up here in VA.

Ths leader later "dies in his sleep of natural causes". I heard and immediately suspected drug use.

AWS: I was at the church when that happened, and it did seem odd that the "official word" was that "nobody knew why he died". Strange that the medical profession couldn't determine the cause.

Of course you never, EVER ask any questions at the ROC about something that might be controversial ... that is the dreaded "gossip"!

Posted by: knowtruth ()
Date: July 13, 2009 07:21PM

FormerROCbeliever...your last sentence is true - overdose not heart attack. sad though huh.

Date: July 13, 2009 10:08PM

knowtruth
FormerROCbeliever...your last sentence is true - overdose not heart attack. sad though huh.

It's quite sad how our hearts can tell us the truth despite how much people try to cover it up.
In my heart I felt there was more than people were being told about his death.

I know that anyone and any church or outreach program CAN help people and do good but they are not doing it in God's name if there is not accountablility for the corruptions.

I found this thread when doing a search for info on ROC, because I wanted to have my employer affiliate with them and help out. Now I am ashamed to have suggested it to my employer and will quickly inform them not to.

Also recently I have a friend who helped some one arrange to donate $4000 pool table to the ROC and was told it would be used for the children's rec center. I wonder now what really will be done with it.

Posted by: thankfultobeout ()
Date: July 15, 2009 09:20PM

Don't worry about what will be done with the pool table. God knows the giver's intent. So don't worry over something that you need not worry about. Remember that there are good people at the ROC doing the right things. And don't be ashamed for suggesting to your employer about the ROC. We all were completely deceived and had no knowledge of wrongdoings until we hung out there for a season. What some of us don't understand is those who know what's going on - the deceit and lies and so on - and continue to stay! But then, we shouldnot' worry over something that doesn't concern us anymore, right.

Date: August 16, 2009 08:51AM

warning. entering the roc IS hazardous. period.

Current Page: 23 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.