Current Page: 22 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: wow ()
Date: June 19, 2009 09:36PM

rocgurl,
Rest assure that this will come out! My investigation tells me that the only reason that the parents did not press charges
at that time was they where afraid of having their children takin from them by the state. They had had them taken before
for other reasons. (Not for abuse but unvoluntary neglect) So at the time they just wanted Geronimo to leave. There where
several others as well. One or more will decide to press charges.
If you are in leadership, it is because G finds some quality in you that he personnally is looking for. Watch his close leadership
very close and you will know the heart of your pastor.
The Bible tells us in Proverbs 27:19 As in water face answers to face, so shall the heart of man to man.
This tells us that as the water faithfully mirrors the likeness of mans face, so the condetions lf a mans heart dictates what he
will behold in the lives of others.
The good see good and the evil see or manufacture evil. Whatever characteristics our lives manifest, we tend to observe and
elecit the same in the lives of others.

God Bless You and stay alert and watch!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badkoolaid ()
Date: June 20, 2009 10:33PM

and again I say G ............ get your running shoes on,(being an aguilar I'm sure you have many pairs)

Posted by: rancher ()
Date: June 20, 2009 11:00PM

or getaway in 1 of ur getaway cars. trucks. vans. suvs. motorcycles. read prov 20-10.

Posted by: Godstruth ()
Date: June 21, 2009 06:48AM

This is so, so disturbing. How can anyone try and even justify or take up for him. Rocgurl, you have been so mislead and sounds like brainwashed, but you can't even put this is the same category as "making a mistake". This is molestation of children. The youngest sister was only 12, the same age as
kids that come to the ROC with the bus ministry. Yes, you have bus kids that come to the ROC on your bus that are the same age as that dear
precious girl was. Can you imagine finding out that not only you, but also your sister has been lied to and mislead by an adult, 27 year old man
that they and their family trusted. When something like this happens, you never ever get over it. It stays with you your entire life. I am praying for
you. Praying for protection and for your eyes to be opened.

Big Pun, can you contact this family and let them know what G is doing these days. Let them know that he and his posse came to Virginia and
started another ministry here working with many, many young people?

He did this in California and Texas. We know that he left TEXAS because he got CAUGHT!!!

WOW, I am praying that you are a reporter or someone that is investigating them. I am praying for you also.

God help us all!

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 23, 2009 09:33AM

Posted from another thread: So Glad I am out of there

jisduit
Date Added: 06/19/2009
Posts: 1 So glad I am out of there !Pastor G and his soldiers think they are some God themeselves - so I stoped attending. My teen son still enjoyed it, so I allowed him. When the Roc baned a friend of mine that had been going for a long time - my eyes really started opening up and so did my sons. This message board has really been insighful - thanks everyone for posting - I have read every single one.

God bless everyone - and pray for those still in the grasp of this cult. "

Jessie

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: June 24, 2009 10:27AM

He never addressed this issue ... which was posted 4 months ago ... so they have received the due consideration that they deserved.

Sad.

AW Stevens
One really big thing that I have never understood, that I would like Pastor G (who is undoubtedly reading this thread of posts) to address very soon (and this will be a deal breaker for me if he doesn’t), is the issue of having a credible follow-up ministry for the people that are being saved. The main service (Six O’Clock Roc) has been full for over 2 years, so even with some turnover in attendance, only a small fraction of even the approximately 1,000 per year being saved in the main service, can be accommodated by regular attendance at the ROC.

That means that the vast majority need to be churched at another sound Bible church.

We’re constantly hearing about the 20,000+ per year that have been saved by ROC ministries in the last two years, and every week we hear the exact number that were saved that week (usually in the 400 to 600 range). But where is the follow-up? I have checked carefully, and out of the 132 ministries (count ‘em!) the critical ministry of making sure that as many as possible of these people get churched, does not exist!!

Granted that about 1/2 of the salvations are outside of the Richmond area, but that still leaves about 20,000 people in the last two years that need to be churched in the Richmond area. Do the math … or create a mathematical model … as to the amount of church construction (additions to existing churches and/or construction of new churches) that would be needed to accommodate that many people … 20 churches of 1,000, or 40 churches of 500, or 200 churches of 100. Anyone who can observe the Richmond area can easily conclude that only a tiny fraction of that about 20,000 people have been churched, i.e. show signs that they have been saved and are living a Christian life.

This is a sensitive issue for me, as I experienced untold hardship due to that exact issue … I got saved at a campus ministry, found a few books about ministries where the power of God and sound Bible teaching was very evident, and when I got back to my hometown I didn’t know how to find a church like that, and wound up in a denomination that while not a cult had a number of heresies and it was spiritually weak, and after several years of that I got disillusioned in my faith and went through some great problems, and while I eventually did find a powerful and sound church, my spiritual progress was set back for years, and I still see some of the effects today.

I will grant that it can be difficult to follow up on some of the converts, depending on where they are witnessed to, but I find it appalling that the ROC is asleep at the switch on this critical issue, and bloviate every week about the precise (and huge) number of people that got saved that week; and about the 20,000+ per year that got saved.

Posted by: preciouscpa ()
Date: June 24, 2009 05:37PM

No one will return your calls or emails? After you posted a personal-private message between you and your pastor without his knowing about it. I probably wouldn't either. You now are looking for some Christian Brotherly Love? Go to the ROC and talk to Pastor G face to face like he asked.

Posted by: preciouscpa ()
Date: June 24, 2009 06:01PM

Hey ROCGURL,
I've been a member there for a couple of years and I'm with you. I'm not brainwashed, I just see the fruit that is being produced. You know, I'm pretty sure that the bible talks about gossip and slander and "I'll know you are mine if you have love one for another." I'm also sure that the bible talks about forgiveness.
I would never suggest that we turn our back on sins, we do need to confess it and turn from it. But from what I read here, these people are bitter and angry and are gossiping and back stabbing. The bible also say that whaterver things are just and honest and pure, to think on these things. Don't get caught up in their gossip. Pray for the ROC and Pastor G as the bible instructs you to do. Pray for the truth to be revealed. If you discover that these things that they are writing about are true, then you do need to find another church.
I wasn't there in TX, don't know about any of these things, (they weren't there either), but our Lord and Savior does. That's why HE is my Lord and Savior, he know's all things and know's how to stop them. Do yourself a favor as I am going to do, think on the things that are pure and stop reading this garbage. It could be Satan trying to get you to stop going to church. I keep my eyes on Jesus and what God has done in my life and I also have been impacted for the good at the ROC.
I'm sure many who have nothing better to do than keep their eyes focused on this forum (like feeding the hungry and clothing the poor and helping one another) will blast me for this, but I'm not really concerned about their gossiping and negative comments.
If they only spent their time doing the things of GOD and stop putting down a Pastor AND an entire church, they could make an impact in the kingdom of our GOD!
P.S. I asked for a financial statement this past winter and had a copy in my mailbox within a week. GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 24, 2009 07:36PM

preciouscpa:

Attempting to dismiss criticism about ROC by claiming it is "gossiping and negative" is not a meaningful response and violates the rules of this board, which is not to attack members personally.

And it not necessary to see a pastor personally to criticize his ministry and observe that there are serious problems. This seems like a means to contain any dissent.

"God is in control"?

When churches don't have meaningful checks and balances, such as democratically elected boards and financial transparency, they may become little more than personality-driven dictatorships.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:11PM

preciouspa: I agree with you, people are to confess their sins and turn from in it- but we are also called to remove that brother/sister from the church if they don't repent. We are also suppose to examine our leadership and if things like this are happening, they are to step down I haven't seen or heard of any repenting. No I wasn't in Texas but the people that posted about Texas were - it's not about gossiping and slandering - that's where you need to read scripture yourself, not listen to what someone tells you what it means: I do think on things that are pure, holy and righteous, that's why I left. The bible does talk about forgiveness but it also talks about how people love the darkness because it hides the secrets and the light reveals those secrets. You're right to that our Lord and Saviour knows the truth. Have you thought about why this thread is here - yes he knows how to stop them but that doesn't always mean He will - come on, give me a better reason then that - if that was the case there would be no trial and tribulation - and you are right, there is good being done - but that doesn't make it right - there are people all over the world who do good but doesn't make them righteous - or have you read - there are none good, no not one. All the good in the world doesn't earn us anything and it's sad to think that you think that just because there is good going on, makes it righteous. The whole church has not been put down - maybe if people had been a little wiser with Jim Jones, a tragedy may have stopped but I forgot you said our Lord and Savior knows what's going on and can stop them. Doesn't mean He will. I'm not bitter or angry, just so sad that so many are being deceived, you included. Why are your eyes on the forum? Got you thinking maybe?

Current Page: 22 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.