Current Page: 21 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: rancher ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:52AM

badkoolaid he'll try to cry his way outta this. sadly some will fall for it. i hope not

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocgurl ()
Date: June 15, 2009 10:21AM

I have been at The ROC for a very very very long time. I am also a leader at The ROC and I dont understand why brother and sister "christians" would actaully spend their time downing a brother. Honestly it seems like you guys are doing exactly what God said not to do. You are bringing up peoples sins and downfalls. God said that when you ask for forgiveness he casts your sins down and never looks at them again. But you guys just dont stop. If these things are true you guys are just bringing yourselves down. Ok wow a HUMAN made some mistakes...like none of you have...be forreal!!! We are all sinners if we were perfect then Jesus would not have had to die for us. Get over it and start being a Christian God intended us to be. You should be praying for him and the ROC not bashing it all the time. And news flash if you dont like The ROC or Pastor G....DONT GO AND DONT TALK ABOUT IT!!! Geeze Its not that hard.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 15, 2009 08:19PM

rocgirl:

Jesus said that many would come in his name and he would not know them. He warned to beware of those who would appear like sheep, but actually be wolves.

Paul very harshly condemned and damned bad leaders in Galatians.

Maybe you should do a bible study on this and how the New Testament teaches that leaders can and should be held accountable.

Sins may be forgiven, but sinful leaders are still rebuked and frequently asked to step down.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 15, 2009 09:05PM

Dear rocgurl: It's not about making mistakes and not being forgiven, God calls us to cast out those brothers and sisters that continue to sin. Paul admonished the church in Corinth because they were continuing in sinful acts. Just because you are forgiven and can be forgiven, doesn't give you a license to continue to sin in ways that brings down the whole congregation. But when false doctrine is being preached I guess you don't know any better because you are following a man's words and not God's words. READ YOUR BIBLE; people are to step down, in fact in Corinthians, Paul says to cast out your brother who is sinning if he will not repent in hopes that his soul will not burn. Let me tell you, we are to call our brother's out - he has been called out and won't respond. Your sins can be forgiven, repent means to turn away from not just say I'm sorry and continue to repeat them. WAKE UP - God never said not to be accountable, especially to your flock if you are a pastor. READ YOUR BIBLE. You have blind eyes and deaf ears, and Jesus warns of this - so keep on being blind and keep on being deceived and we will continue to keep on praying for the ROC and the people who don't know.

Posted by: KNOWZtheTRUTH ()
Date: June 16, 2009 01:49AM

rocgurl, ask yourself this question, with your WHOLE heart, "Do I BELIEVE that the Bible (Word of God) is 100% true?"

If the answer is yes, then you need to understand that God makes it PERFECTLY clear how a pastor and the leadership is supposed to live his/her life and conduct themselves.

"This is a true saying, If a man desireth the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Likewise must the deacons be grave, not double tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. And let these also first be PROVED; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. Even so MUST their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly. But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. And without controvery GREAT is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron......."

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock."

Posted by: janett2 ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:07AM

rocgurl
I have been at The ROC for a very very very long time. I am also a leader at The ROC and I dont understand why brother and sister "christians" would actaully spend their time downing a brother. Honestly it seems like you guys are doing exactly what God said not to do. You are bringing up peoples sins and downfalls. God said that when you ask for forgiveness he casts your sins down and never looks at them again. But you guys just dont stop. If these things are true you guys are just bringing yourselves down. Ok wow a HUMAN made some mistakes...like none of you have...be forreal!!! We are all sinners if we were perfect then Jesus would not have had to die for us. Get over it and start being a Christian God intended us to be. You should be praying for him and the ROC not bashing it all the time. And news flash if you dont like The ROC or Pastor G....DONT GO AND DONT TALK ABOUT IT!!! Geeze Its not that hard.

I think that it's sad that you don't want the people on this site to talk negative against your pastor and you say that he claims he is a sinner so his church should just forgive his wrong doings. It seems that you don't get the fact that he if these allegations against him are true then your pastor is a child molester, and he has never been punished for his crimes. He first took advantage of his wife had had sex with her at 14, and now people are claiming that he has had sex with two other children. These girls did not have the strength to tell an adult man that they don't want to have sex. That is why we have laws that protect children form predators like Geronimo. If this is true the family should have brought this to the authorities and he should have had him convicted of this unthinkable crime and he should have gone to prison. Why would you even compare this horrible crime to every day sins that we as Christians are all guilty of. It's not like he cut someone off in traffic or watched an inappropriate movie or put his work before his family. Those are the types of sin I would think he would be referring to when he Geronimo says I'm a sinner just like everyone else. Did he tell his congregation I like having sex with children so please just let it go and forgive me? You obivasly have not been around a person who has been sexually abused, it takes a lifetime to get over it and most will never lead a life free from pain, guilt, fear and sadness. So it makes me sick to think for one second that this should be just looked at as any other sin, give me a break have you ever watched to catch a predator on Dateline they don't seem to take it lightly when an adult wants to have sex with a child.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:40AM

Thank you Janett2 for saying what needed to be said. Everyone that defends the ROC comes on here and states the same thing. Oh, let by gones be by gones, it's just sin, la te da, what the heck - we aren't suppose to say anything against our brothers and sisters, it's okay, they are christians, so they sin a little, doesn't everyone. What's a little lie between brothers, hey, everyone does it, so he who is without sin cast the first stone. Give me a break. That's taking advantage of God's grace. I just reworded it the way it truly is coming across from you people who are defending him.

Posted by: thankfultobeout ()
Date: June 16, 2009 06:55AM

Rocgurl...God bless you. Go back to page 16 and read the ?s that rite2no asked. I think they are legit questions that warrant real honest answers. We who are writing on this site know first-hand the deception at the ROC. I bet some here were there a long time, leaders as well. But sometimes age has its advantages. I know some "older" folks who have left with very good reasons. Who is G, like rite2no states, to make others' business his business. What right does he have to tell many of YOU to stop having contact with us. And that's true, you, I'm sure, know that for a fact.

It would be different if those who came from the West left their "bad" life in CA, but now we hear of the Texas fiasco! Oh my gosh Rocgurl. Suppose you had been the one abused. How would your parents feel. If the leadership cannot seem to get their lives straight, how in the world can they expect the church they represent to live the way that Christ calls each of us to live.

I think you are wrong to defend the actions of leadership. YOU know some of the things that are written are true. YOU know some of the things going on there. I bet YOU have probably experienced some abuse yourself. When one is truly repentant, one turns from the wicked ways, asks forgiveness from the Lord and seeks to grow closer to Christ. When other leaders in churches do things that your pastors/leaders have done, like rrmoderator says they are asked to step down/LEAVE. I'm curious as to what is it that keeps you there, knowing what happens, in the ROC leadership. You know. You know what happens, you know you know.

Sure, there are lots of great things being done at the ROC. You are probably one of them doing those things. But one person wrote that G said some pretty damning comments about "another outreach." Remember that? Why would that person lie about that. I think they spoke the truth. I believe we all speak the truth and I think it's about darn time you ask your pastors/leaders to do the same, otherwise, you need to run like the rest of us did.

Posted by: badkoolaid ()
Date: June 18, 2009 02:36AM

DON"T TALK ABOUT IT!???????? GEEZE !I'm sure that G used those words on little girls before. words like that tells me you are Roc /Set Free leadership.........yep Set Free. Your rugs at the Roc must be pretty lumpy right now........ more is sure to come out ! because soon there won't be any room under the rugs...........try shaking them, or just beat it out

Posted by: KNOWZtheTRUTH ()
Date: June 18, 2009 04:55AM

I doubt that sarcasm EVER helped anybody. That is the purpose of this thread, is it not? Some people wake up quickly. Some never do. But if this isnt about helping others, Im coming to the wrong place.

Current Page: 21 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.