Current Page: 17 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:53AM

Per the ROC consolidated financial statements for year ended 12-31-2009. Paper copy obtained at church last night.

All Vehicles are summarized under one line item in Fixed Assets, $365,669.01. No differentiation between buses and personal vehicles. The market value of the 25 buses and the transport vans could easily take up over half of that figure.

All the buildings listed are 4 line items under Fixed Assets: the ROC Building, the RSUM Building, the Big House Building, and the House of Mercy Building. Is the RSUM Building only worth $878,405? Where are the other buildings owned by ROC, such as the personal house on St. James Court in the City of Richmond?

Salaries and wages. There are 8 line items under Expenses, and they don’t seem to explain much, and there are 2 summary lines:
Total -- Salaries & related exp Programs -- $109,661.85
Total -- Fundraising Other personnel exp -- $603,907.46

If that means that there is a total expense for salaries and wages of about $710,000, then that it not a large figure considering how many ROC employees there are. Just to staff a typical 1,000 active member church, would be about 4 pastors, about 4 other ministers, about 5 office support staff, and about 5 other employees for maintenance of physical plant and other support activities. This church has a bunch of other fulltime employees as well. Benefits such as vacation days, health insurance contributions, and retirement contributions, are part of those expenses for salaries and wages. In any event, nowhere in the financial statements is there any documentation of the salary and/or wages of any particular employee.

In other words, this package of a dozen sheets doesn’t answer the basic questions raised on this group about 1) pastoral financial compensation, 2) value and source of funding for certain personal vehicles, 3) value and source of funding for certain houses owned by ROC and utilized as personal houses.

Sad.

wow
I have been attending the ROC, as we all know it as, for quite awhile. I am here as a observer only, so this allows me to see things in a
different perspective than most people who come here. I have seen alot of questionable activities. The most recent in the last couple of
months. I have been struggling with posting on this site or not. I have come to the conclusion that I should. All that I have seen as well
as what you all have seen WILL come to light soon.
For starters I find it almost amusing how every saturday night "G", as we know him, is ushured into the arena by the Roman Gaurds. Its
as if Ceaser entered the room. I have not been able to see the humble man of God that I should be seeing. Thats a whole different post.
The vanity with what "HE" has done, self portraits on the side of trailers...I mean...anyway, Im not going to start on that.
I just found it unusual that this "self-proclaimed" man of God that has no verifiable credentials has put together such a racket.
There are things that are said and done that make me wonder if the people sitting around me are really listening to what is being said or if
they are just there for the energy and the hipe. On Sunday, March 8th, Geronimo sent out a e-mail apologizing for things that two of his
"up & comming leaders", that he is personnally mentoring, said about a church that they visited while on a "mission trip". This happened on
Saturday, March 7th. Geronimo stated, and I quote "I am a firm believer that it is wrong to publicly criticize another Christian or another
church". This totaly goes against what seems to be said on a regular basis. Case in point, on January 31st, 2009 in Geronimo's sermon
"A More Excellent Way", he not only criticized but took a sword swinging stab at a unknown group of people that apparently have left the
ROC to serve God somewhere else in another capacity. He was publicly calling this group a "HATE" group and implying that they don't
serve the same Jesus that we do. Apparently they have different opinions on right and wrong and voiced them. Geronimo said "If you
say something against me that means you hate me". Well, thats not taught anywhere in the Bible. I mean, people, wake up. Even if this
group of people where a hate group, is it appropiate to bash them from the pulpit? In the same sermon that G is talking about living a
more excellent life. Hello, is anyone listening? As Christians, are we hearing the word as we should or is it someone twisting the playbook
of life to fit their personnal agenda?
Two weeks later in another sermon Geronimo deemed fit to attack this group on Rick Ross. He stated what a great attorney that he had and
how he was basiclly going to find out who they are, sue them and pay for the balance on the Big House. Is it just me or does it seem contrary
to God's word to talk about someone in a obvious bitter and angry way under the giese of "God's man preaching"? It is obvious that he was
trying to put out a "scare tactic" that he felt sure would get back to this group.
People need to really listen to what they are listening to. Don't let this attorney threat stop you from speaking out on what you believe. His
father tried the same thing with his attorney, John Casoria. It did'nt work for him either. These type of people are only interested in silencing
those who speak the truth and are not interested in making things right.

stay sharp

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 11, 2009 04:12AM

Correction -- 12-31-2008

AW Stevens
Per the ROC consolidated financial statements for year ended 12-31-2009. Paper copy obtained at church last night.

Posted by: RachaelSmith ()
Date: April 22, 2009 06:49PM

MattInRichmond
I just have a question and was hoping somebody could enlighten me. What exactly is the deal with G's 17 year old son coming to Richmond? Has he had any relationship with his son over the years? If not, it seems like it's just a PR type of move......to suddenly want to do the right thing just as your past is catching up to you. And why did the mother (Stacee) allow this? If anybody knows please tell.

I too wonder why Stacee would allow Taylor to have contact with Geronimo. I find it distrubing that Taylor's band's name is Moshe Dayan, which for those of you who don't know, is what Pastor Phil demanded that Stacee and Geronimo name Taylor at birth. To my knowledge this is new. The last time I talked to Trina (Phil's daughter) she told me that they didn't know where Taylor or his sister were and had, had no contact with them since they were little.

Posted by: annemays00 ()
Date: April 24, 2009 11:59AM

Hi Matt in Richmond,

I wanted to write you because I thought it was interesting that you are concerned about Taylor. Just to let you know Taylor only met G almost 3 years ago. I left G when Taylor was 2 and G never once tried to contact me to try and see his children. About 3 years ago he contacted me and said that he was a changed person and that he wanted to be part of the kids life. Well..... it took about a year of convincing before I believed that he had changed. I knew that he had a church that seemed a lot like set free, but I wanted to believe the best. I really wanted to believe that God could change someone and make them better. When I started talking with G there wasn't anything negative about him anywhere. Last year Taylor started getting into trouble in this small town that we live in and I let him go visit G for his spring break. After that Taylor was pushing it with his step dad and I and he really wanted a change and he wanted to live in Richmond. G made it seem that it would be a good place for him so I agreed to try it. Taylor is now hooked and I know that he loves his band and he likes being busy, and having a lot to do. I have no clue about anything else. I worry about him and I feel that I have made a big mistake. If you have any information about him please let me know. Please keep this between us!

Thanks Stacee

Posted by: REALISTFORREAL ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:26AM

I am hear to apeal to the goodness of G's commen sense, Although you do wonderful things for the downtrodden. There has to be an accounting
to the informed public. Glory for god is not thru video, dvd, t-shirts,or your own personal body guards (,Soul-Winning-Soldiers.) I am not impressed with
your thrift store trucks getting the left overs from other churchs yard-sales . Just one more thing your Motor Cycle Ministry has a club-house, but
your not a Club? Sounds like Set Free Soldiers AGAIN.....look just serve the lord, come down off the pedestal, admit your Big headness, and redirect what is
real. Be the nice man that you are. No Rocs in My Soup Today.

Date: May 24, 2009 08:59AM

From what I gather, there is some sentiment that women in general are looked at as being decidedly inferior by the ROC leadership and various other ROC men, and that this is far more pronounced than the standard Baptist policy of not having women in leadership roles over men.

The motorcycle club phenomenon was also cited as being an inherently male dominated culture that tends to exclude women.

I am a man and I would be interested in hearing what the former ROC women on this board have to say about these matters. I need for women to provide insight on what is the general perception in this area.

I have no problem with the standard Baptist teaching on leadership, but I would have a big problem with a group culture that treats women as inferior to men. That would be another major reason for me to leave the ROC.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: May 26, 2009 12:04AM

AW Stevens wrote: "That would be another major reason for me to leave the ROC."
To AW:
There aren't enough major reasons already?

Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: May 28, 2009 02:14AM

Sawthelight.... lol.... sometimes it takes a sledgehammer to the head for some of us to recognize and admit we are part of a corrupt group (not necessarily through fault of our own). I was one who held on to the 'party line' at Set Free for a REALLY long time.

Posted by: OnceWasBlind09 ()
Date: May 28, 2009 04:50AM

FreeAtLast - so glad to see you posting again. I know with me, it took something personal to make me starting "seeing the light" - and unfortunately that is how I got hurt, but that is also what keeps me from going back. It concerns me that there aren't many posts here anymore. Please don't let this die - it helps those of us who were hurt by the ROC and G. AW Stevens makes me wonder....wonder who he really is. He seems like a ROC spy

Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: June 04, 2009 10:17PM

hi stacee i met you @ the roc last year when you brought taylor there. let me start by saying i spent about a year and a half living and working @the roc and in the begining i could not figure out why some people that excelled in what the roc had to offer, were leaving? untill i watched the assistant pastor make ever effort to make the way g acts perfectly normal and exceptable. when its plan to see that its not! he is kind of like the butcher in the market he takes the best looking cuts and uses them to hide the not so good cuts. but eventually we open the pakage compleatly and find out what weve really bought. now im not saying that theirs not good things happening there, but what i am saying is no matter how much good you do it dosnt give you a license to be a pastor to the ones you feel like being a pastor to and not being one to the ones that have gotten to the bottom of the pakage, and have some questions about what there looking at i.e. (conveanently have an emergency or have to leave town.) the day of your meeting with him. however as far as your son is concerned, i belive that your christan values and morals will eventually supercede the glamour of the roc and the freedom he has there. lets be real how many parenting skills dose g really have? it might take some time but he will see whats up. im not sure if God will continue to honor the efforts made at the roc for very long,if some steps arnt made to get really right with Him. i wil keep you in my prayers

Current Page: 17 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.