Current Page: 13 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 04, 2009 09:28AM

AW Stevens, I am an atheist. I was a "believer". It is people like "Pastor G" who have made me reject your faith. Isn't one of the core tenants "It is easier for a camel (actually the correct translation is "rope") to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man (pastor G?) to enter the kingdom of heaven".

Where I am from, Pastor G's house would be a multimillion dollar house. Whatever, this man is clearly being abusive to his flock and is robbing everyone blind.

You make the claim that "Since the house belongs to the church, it is a parsonage, which is defined as the residence of a member of the clergy, as provided by the parish or church."

If there is no financial transparency as everyone acknowledges, then wouldn't "G"
control the property and thus it is his to do as he wish, damn everyone else?

There are more signs of an abusive church here than I care to think about. The fact he is a friend of that creep Paul Crouch is enough to make me scream.

Hey, just my two cents...I am often wrong, just ask my wife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: March 04, 2009 10:16AM

Sparky,

I'm not defending it, just posting the official facts about the house so that everybody can discuss them. There were repeated requests here for those facts.

You can buy a lot more house for $670,000 in the Richmond area than in some other places. That price sounds about right for this area.

In the Washington, D.C. area, for instance, that house and lot in a neighborhood like that, would indeed be a multimillion dollar house. Likewise in places like Long Island, southern California, the San Francisco area, etc.

I've seen a *lot* during my Christian life, but I'm not going to let another preacher blowing out of the ministry, change my relationship with God.

Sparky
AW Stevens, I am an atheist. I was a "believer". It is people like "Pastor G" who have made me reject your faith. Isn't one of the core tenants "It is easier for a camel (actually the correct translation is "rope") to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man (pastor G?) to enter the kingdom of heaven".

Where I am from, Pastor G's house would be a multimillion dollar house. Whatever, this man is clearly being abusive to his flock and is robbing everyone blind.

You make the claim that "Since the house belongs to the church, it is a parsonage, which is defined as the residence of a member of the clergy, as provided by the parish or church."

If there is no financial transparency as everyone acknowledges, then wouldn't "G"
control the property and thus it is his to do as he wish, damn everyone else?

There are more signs of an abusive church here than I care to think about. The fact he is a friend of that creep Paul Crouch is enough to make me scream.

Hey, just my two cents...I am often wrong, just ask my wife.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: March 04, 2009 12:38PM

Another point, on a different topic ... what is with this "modern" trend to call a church a "center" or "Christian center"?

Jesus Christ went to the cross to establish the CHURCH, He didn't go to the cross to establish the "Christian center".

Sorry, but this has long bothered me to see some churches omit the proper Biblical terminology when naming their local churches. It just is another way of diminishing the ministry of the church and trying to be more like the world and its businesses.

Oh, and I am also back to holding my previously long held opposition to religious rock-n-roll music.

You're welcome.

AW Stevens

5617 ST JAMES CT Richmond, VA 23225

Sold to RICHMOND OUTREACH CENTER INC by GODDARD WARREN M III & SONIA L on March 27, 2008, for $670,000.

Posted by: BOLIVIA90 ()
Date: March 06, 2009 09:13AM

so what is the church suppose to be like ? american old tradition ? what kind of music should there be ? what does the bible say what kind of music should there be to worship him ?..so what if this pastor was blessed with a nice house? What would you do if someone gave you a house like that ?

Posted by: badkoolaid ()
Date: March 07, 2009 05:29AM

Stop defending him , if your still there at the roc , take a closer look. Take a hard look, look at him with the YOUNG laddies (I mean kids)open your ears,open your eyes! ask a lot of questions. Sooner or later you will find out just how evil G is.

Posted by: badkoolaid ()
Date: March 07, 2009 05:33AM

a church should have a board of directors, a pastor should be held accountable the board is not a group of people that do what ever the pastor wants.

Posted by: souzacircle ()
Date: March 07, 2009 09:52AM

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

I have been in that house and actually worked on remodeling that house. I know for a fact that over 100,000 was put into a larger bathroom and a movie theatre installed in his basement. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matt. 6:21). He is not leading the way in Sacrifice, not leading the way in a Holy Life but using the Gospel for personal gain. So he has a heart for the people of Richmond but drives a Mercedes and lives in such a house. Come on and wake up…. The Son of Man had no place to rest His head but G gets a million dollar house? Name someone in the New Testament who lived in such luxury… it is non-existent in a true Christian… whether a gift or not.

BOLIVIA, the words you speak are not that of the apostles or that of Jesus Christ, but that of the anti-Christ. Christ dismissed the majority of the disciples because they followed Him after being fed the fish and loaves… not because of the majesty and divinity of Christ Himself. That’s exactly how G has become, I did not see Paul nor anyone other disciple or early Christian accept such gifts, instead I saw them carry a cross daily and die as martyrs for the faith. I am not sure how you have learned Christ, but at The ROC especially, they teach a false and blasphemous image of Christ…

Eph 4:19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
Eph 4:20 But that is not the way you learned Christ!--
Eph 4:21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus,
Eph 4:22 to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,
Eph 4:23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
Eph 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

As far as whether they are a cult, that is for you to figure out, but know this I would never step foot back on that property. I know how easy it is to get sucked into the deception, because I was sucked in it for a few years. My own family and the whole congregation was told that I was a heretic and were to have nothing to do with me, less I lead them into the devil’s hands. His reasoning’s was that I had been reading the Bible “too much” and that if a person walks in darkness they are not walking in the light and freedom of Jesus Christ and would be condemned unless a true repentance was birthed (the entire book of 1 John and the New Testament). Open rebuke and utter slandering was done, in order to keep his followers from listening to the Word of God. The congregation knows nothing more than the Romans Road and will not discuss anything else about the Bible. I hold no bitterness but am somewhat responsible however, to help those avoid this trap. This place rips families apart, causes wives and husbands to become divorced, actually encourages them (Big Tim, Bam Bam, Melanie Harvey) those are just a few…

The Roc is a dangerous dangerous place, a cancer to the Kingdom of God. 20,000 SAVED IN ONE YEAR!!! That is a joke, we have no idea what that means anymore, because they mumbled and repeated some stupid prayer they will spend eternity in Heaven???. Most of them are still in Moseby or Whitcomb selling crack, with some false sense of security. Read what it means to be a disciple of Christ and wake up from your slumber. No one gets saved unless they repent of their sins and place their faith in Jesus Christ and continue until His Return.

The music… the reason they listen to it is because they love the world and cannot let go of it. Thus the reasoning for a tattoo ministry, they do what they want to do and try to mix a Scripture in the midst of it. They are enemies to the cross of Christ and I pray all who reads this, RUNS RUNS RUNS from this place of vile iniquity and HERESY.

Take your children, your youth, your family and leave this place while God still allows. Forget all cool clothes, music, tattoos, gold teeth, motorcycles and seek the face of God.

Whoever would like to know more or if you have any questions, feel free to message me and I will be glad to help anyone leaving this place come to the fullness of Christ and point you towards the true Rock that gives peace amidst the storm.

Psa 69:9 For zeal for your house has consumed me, and the reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me

Posted by: souzacircle ()
Date: March 07, 2009 10:16AM

I am sorry to post again, but there was a typo. I was the one who stated a person could not walk in darkness, something taken directly from the Bible and they would simply not listen to it. Just thought I would clear that up in case of any confusion.

Posted by: preciouscpa ()
Date: March 07, 2009 11:40AM

You can go onto the Virginia State Corporation Commissions and search the Clerks site for the LLC named Paid in Full LLC. The owner of that LLC is William Shewmake who I believe is an Attorney. It's possible he purchased it for the pastor.

Posted by: obadiah2001 ()
Date: March 08, 2009 10:33AM

I see there is alot of talk about what G has taken from the mnay familes who attend there but the prayer needs to be on the lives that are going down with his lies. I know first hand that all of those names in that box are not people who got saved. I went out many times and saw the men from the homes talk to people about God but when it came down to filling the paper out for prayer they checked the person got saved. The Roc is about numbers, these men are thinking that if they can get more names then the other guy they will get special treatment.

The Bible says that nothing can happen unless God allows it. So why is God allowing G to do what he is doing? We as the true church need to look deeper here and find the answer. Its is our job to warn and to help people see what is what here. Its great that we are voices our concerns here but its not being heard there. I say we take these concerns public and bring proof. Proof will set these people free. Many people may look at this site and see and say they are just a bunch of people who got hurt by the ROC and G. We need to show them more then our hurt and show them proof to open there eyes.

Current Page: 13 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.