Current Page: 70 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: June 18, 2012 09:26PM

AW Stevens
findthelies
Not when I was there, no. Which, to a degree, is probably good. If they're teaching from the bible, and that's all anyone is expected to bring to class (that and a pen and notebook), I don't think that's altogether a bad thing actually.

I can assure you that Christian colleges have textbooks for their religion courses. There are all kinds or choices available for books that fit the theology of the institution.

I don't dispute that. What I was saying is that because there is so much out there in terms of various theologies and "truths" that it would cut down on confusion if you taught a course outlined in a book that was straight from the bible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: June 18, 2012 10:43PM

findthelies
AW Stevens
I can assure you that Christian colleges have textbooks for their religion courses. There are all kinds or choices available for books that fit the theology of the institution.

I don't dispute that. What I was saying is that because there is so much out there in terms of various theologies and "truths" that it would cut down on confusion if you taught a course outlined in a book that was straight from the bible.

Well, that is what they do. Textbooks on systematic theology, New Testament Survey, Old Testament Survey, Christian Ethics, Romans, etc., etc.; are developed by authors who use their interpretation of Scripture and what other authors have written on the subject.

You would look at the author(s) to determine what their framework is. For instance, if the author was a professor at the Dallas Theological Seminary, you could know that it was a fundamentalist evangelical perspective.

A good instructor at a Christian college would be willing to point out to the students any differing interpretations he had with a textbook.

But to use no textbooks at all, the school is proclaiming that the only interpretation that matters is their own local interpretation. Not a good approach, IMHO, given two thousand years of Christian scholarship.

Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: June 19, 2012 03:32AM

there text books are a joke they make photo copies of what they want you to learn . the only book is a bible any other learning material you may need they print it out and make photocopies the small library they have is the womens classroom/library and its almost at the end of the mens hall ? so people can visit boyfriends in rooms easier

also i no they watch and have meetings and even fire people with what is said on here but when his brother was there he put enough info himself out to sink his ship i am only collecting information and letting the public do what they want with it and there is no law against that any statements i have made i have paper work or audio( in va you dont need other persons permission to record check state law) and video ( you can film what you want in public or in a building if people have signed waivers wich i no they have) it should go to show you this info has to be true because leadership is fearfull of it

what can he sue me for his dad said in his own book that his son cheated on his own wife ? his own brother said that S was dateing another brother and someone stole her from him and went to texas? ( wich is on audio recording provided by a friend )

thats why its takeing so long for info to come out i have to do it legally there is nothing wrong with warning people from a possible danger wich is why this forum exist CORRECT???

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: June 20, 2012 08:50PM

I was involved in a ministry similar to the ROC --- New Life for Youth and they had this very elaborately drawn out 'in depth' study for study course which we got these papers, but they were drawn up just like the ROC {computer classes} with the promise of a free computer......daggg the computer that they gave me and the monitor didn't even work! The other ministry wanted a total of $150.00 and of course had to justify the money taken in with formulating these so called classes with dragging members into the classes to teach us.......I could tell one woman hated being in there and it was almost a mockery...... for one that woman was wealthy in her own right....she and her husband........I don't believe the ROC is any different! Most churches are in it for the money! It's a business just like the hospital that billed my family $20,000.00 and I have no mom!!!!!!! I was very tired of dishing out a lot of money to the ROC and not getting anything back in return..........

Actually God prevented me from reading the one book looking like a military handbook......KNOW YOUR ENEMY! It was a bunch of jibberish..........I am thankful that I have that relationship with God......NOT PERFECT..........gone through a lot and my God watches over me and assists me with everything in my life.........including not going back into the ROC and buying up anything else in there..........I mean Chelsea always appeared very awkward as she was thanking me in the gift shop there.........why would they shove a person that is shy into a position like that.......that's just wrong......

Posted by: kQ2yI8aC6i ()
Date: June 23, 2012 06:25AM

trulyblessed
Also the is nobody in the family named "frigde" so you must not know them well

This may have been addressed and I may have missed it in the 60 + pages of replies but Phillip Jr. was known in the early days of Set Free Anaheim as "Frigde". He is now known as "Chill". Ask any old time member of Set Free Anaheim and they can validate that he was in fact called Fridge at one time.

All of the boys have "nicknames" now. Matthew is "MJ", Phillip Jr. is know as "Chill" and Hebrew has some new nickname but I cannot remember what it is now. Trina does not have a nickname but her husband's nickname is "Turtle".

Posted by: UndercoverANGEL ()
Date: June 24, 2012 09:24PM

Know this, the truth will be revealed soon and God will not let them get away with this any longer. Many cities and Nations fell in the Bible because of their disobedience to the truth and not teaching the truth. God himself said because you are lukewarm I will spew you from my mouth. or another example was Sodom and the surrounding cities were destroyed. What is sad is that there are some great people at this church and do not have a clue what is going on. Please dear God spare these people put a hedge of protection on them. Can't wait to see what God is going to do? soon very soon it's coming.

Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: June 25, 2012 06:58PM

UndercoverANGEL
Know this, the truth will be revealed soon and God will not let them get away with this any longer. Many cities and Nations fell in the Bible because of their disobedience to the truth and not teaching the truth. God himself said because you are lukewarm I will spew you from my mouth. or another example was Sodom and the surrounding cities were destroyed. What is sad is that there are some great people at this church and do not have a clue what is going on. Please dear God spare these people put a hedge of protection on them. Can't wait to see what God is going to do? soon very soon it's coming.

So what's going to happen? I mean, America is still standing, and we have done a piss-poor job of adhering to anything God wants on a national level, and I would also imagine cities like Vegas are probably like Sodom on steroids.

So without being generally vague and saying what we all suppose has been coming (hopefully),care to elaborate? It's like people saying the world is going to end or Jesus is coming back in their lifetime - those things have been said or believed for centuries. Not that it couldn't happen obviously, but what makes you so sure?

Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: June 29, 2012 12:03AM

rsum is a big joke its the furthest thing from a school their is that place is tims house thats all im starting to belive jason is well aware of all things wrong with the roc but its such an easy meal ticket why would he go back to anything else free everything. at what cost though his wife is a compleatly different person then who i met in the begining an absolute lost soul for putting her trust in a man that would do such a thing to her and his kids. i thought he was different but hes as bad as g in my opinion g is the filthiest most disrespectfull child ive ever met the only way he can possibly sleep at night is if the devil was running the show and convincing him that the way he behaves is okay.did i read some one got booted for hanging out with his daughter? he must not have been old enough to see her he was probebly rite around her own age and not inb his 20s you know like when he started manipulating sammy unlike some of you who post i use my real name i want them to know its me and i will never go away and i am here for anyone who wants to know anything about that sin bin called the roc that place is the most dangerous place in all of richmond and to use the children of this city as a shield dispicable!!!!!!!

Date: June 29, 2012 04:34AM

WOW LIKE FATHER LIKE SON READ THE WHOLE THING
they sound like twins

[calvarychapel.pbworks.com]

Date: June 29, 2012 04:39AM

some more reading
[www.apologeticsindex.org]

Current Page: 70 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.