Current Page: 66 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: April 12, 2012 05:47AM

Sounds like we need to warm the presses and start printing some stickers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 26, 2012 08:33PM

If anyone here has Netflix, check out a show called "Disappeared" from the investigation discovery network (just do a netflix search, you'll find it). Anyway, there is an episode of the second season which contrasts some extremely eerie similarities to the ROC and how they operate things in terms of control with relationships, etc. It's actually not listed properly on Netflix, as the episode is actually titled "Final Prayer", HOWEVER, if you're looking for it, you'll find it listed under "Mojave Mystery". Mr. Rick Ross is also featured on the episode. Of course, to the best of my knowledge, The ROC (at least to this point) has had nothing to do with someone's disappearance, however some of the ways they operate are eerily similar to the group profiled in the episode. Check it out.

I had also asked about whether or not anyone had any information regarding a newer website that pops up under Google's results when searching "Richmond Outreach Center", RichmondOutreachCenter.net, and did receive some information from another member about it. Apparently this is just more damage control - they've either contracted or had someone volunteer (who obviously doesn't know much outside of basic web design, so I hope they aren't paying this person too much - members - you might want to ask how much money is being funneled there - though I'm sure it'll be accounted for on their "official budget"). What they are doing is trying to publish more URL's which will come up in Google's search results so that they can positively spin what they do and hopefully, knock this website off of the top search result (too bad people like truth and bad news Geronimo, try again). There has, since I inquired about it here, been ANOTHER one of the same type put up. You can check it out here - RichmondOutreachCenterSite.com.

Just thought you guys might like to know what sort of crap-tactics they're using now to try to fool the community into believing there's no harm coming from them.

Looks as if the score reads Geronimo - 2, Rickross.com - 200. Looks like you're a little behind. If you're going to try to even things out, at least do something that doesn't look so desperate. It's pathetic.

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:59PM

So what about the criminal charges that people on this site talk about filing?

Date: April 27, 2012 01:36AM

Criminal charges in the instance of any sexual misconduct referenced require the victim to step forward, which they have not (or won't - not sure which). I do know that the one in question that is often mentioned in connection to those allegations lives in AZ currently, so it's doubtful anything will be brought to the light "officially".

There have been complaints made to the Virginia Department of Labor. Not sure what happened to that, but haven't thought to check on that in a while.

There is very little chance that criminal charges in relation to what has been discussed previously on this site will ever be filed unfortunately, though most certainly, I would lean on a family member if they had been abused in any way, and as a result were reluctant to step forward. It could be out of fear, regret, embarrassment, or any number of other emotions that can be tied into having been abused/taken advantage of.

I honestly don't even post here to encourage criminal charges being filed. I post on this site because it's a way to make people in RVA aware of what is really behind the curtain at the ROC. God most certainly exists there, as he does anywhere else, but there are many things that have been consistently swept under the rug, or that they aren't above board about. I just wish more than anything for accountability to be recognized, and for the people in the leadership of the church to be transparent and honest enough to admit their wrongs. If they can continue after doing so, more power to them. However, lying about things and acting like they never happened, or threatening with legal action the ones who try to make others aware, is a HUGE sign of an unrepentant heart, and even more so, a pretty obvious admission of guilt in my opinion - and that is not what leadership is about.

I could go through a litany of abuses by this group that don't even pertain to criminal so much as they do spiritual - and that is truly the purpose of the ROC even being mentioned on this website - to make people aware of the spiritual mishandling and abuse of others at the hands of an oligarchy-styled leadership.

Date: April 27, 2012 02:13AM

TO HISMERCY - and let me say that what follows is STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL - so if it doesn't fit, ignore it.

hismercy
OK Everyone . . . that's been posting on here all these years, now is your chance. Often times reporters will use "changed names" in their investigations in order to protect innocent people. If 4 folks from the last two pages of posts will contact by private e-mail, you will have a greater voice. "If God be for you, WHO can be against you"???? IF no one respones, we will be forced to believe all this is lies.

Did some digging to find this, as your posts are somewhat confusing to me (and I'm sure to others if they read what you've said carefully). Why do you say "we", and who is "we"? And why would someone's reluctance to commit what legal constitutes as slander or label (without anonymity) against someone result in "being forced to believe all of this is lies"? Do you think this is like a giant internet game of telephone or something? That the messages originally posted have taken on some new twisted form to just make people look bad? Because if so - that is a ridiculous notion. I can tell you the stories posted here are true for the most part - and that the leadership is scared enough of what is said here that they actually have had meetings about certain posts and how to deal with them or handle the fallout of what happens when people ask questions about it. If someone accused me of something - especially something which I knew beyond a doubt I was not guilty of - I wouldn't worry about it! Have you ever heard the phrase that the hit dog always barks? Think that could be applied here.

This will sound somewhat accusatory, and you can deny it if you'd like, but I feel that you may be a staff member of some sort. I will tell you that I was contacted through this website by a reporter, which was most definitely a shill for the ROC trying to get people's identities, as well as encourage them to pour all sorts of information out to them with the promise of "chasing down a story". Come to think of it, she actually "worked" for Style, though when I contacted them, they had no idea who she was. I suspect that you probably know who this person was, thus the encouragement to get everyone to come out and speak to them AGAINST the ROC. All I have seen from you in your posts are in defense of the leadership there, saying people should "shut up" if they aren't going to file charges. So you were encouraging people to try and make official accusations, while you sit idly by as someone who apparently has attended, and is at least marginally aware of the goings on discussed here, but can I ask - have YOU tried to contact anyone?

Again, if the shoe fits, wear it, if not - then disregard what was said, but I had to ask.

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: April 30, 2012 10:57PM

you are certainly free to ask, and I really don't blame you for it. No, I am none of those, not a staff member, (I don't work for free, that's called volunteering) not a supporter, a member or even a regular attender. Just someone trying to understand how this goes on for so long. I am one, though, who always wants to see justice prevail. You explained the most by stating the person most often metioned here now lives in AZ. That explains alot about why the person hasn't come forward. And I know people are scared b/c of suffering abuse. By the news reports, Eddie Long's behavior finally got exposed and that will probably happen here too. Folks just keep posting and make your voice heard. (BTW-I do volunteer, but the ROC does seem to ask people to do stuff for little to nothing or for free alot).Maybe gangs and cults are closely related??

Date: May 02, 2012 03:17AM

I appreciate your maturity. Yea, wasn't trying to be accusatory, but I felt like I should at least ask. Glad to know you handle things in an adult fashion.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: May 04, 2012 01:55PM

I think a nun would be more understanding and reverent than all this garbage.........I don't like anyone being deceived! Not on very much at all anymore........I take care of an elderly patient Catholic.....she is not perfect yet either, but we both can talk about any and everything and I show her Love by being there to truly help her out.......she even gave me a rosery........most 'men' use that rosery to wear as bling..........you see them at the mall in the vendor selling the large bling jewelry........I love people attending the roc......I just can't go anymore.........it's like people there settled......Pastor G makes fun of people if they try to dress decent......'they're nerds'.........wtf..........so I gotta go lookin like I am slummin behind some trash cans near Henrico Arms.......or something like that.......'''really'''.......I didn't fit in there....oh, but my money fit in didn't it......hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!! crazy!!!!! I just have a low tolerance for people that are false prophets.........wolves in sheeps clothing!!!!!!!!! I think really think that IF Pastor G truly encountered my Jesus face to face he would wet his pants...........he would drop to his knees and I would love for him to run that thing the way it should be run........not a business........but, as a real ministry like the one run in Chicago........Pacific Garden Mission?! He doesn't have the guts I don't think

Posted by: TRUTHBKNOWN ()
Date: May 21, 2012 05:48AM

Hi I was a student at rsum very involved in the dance program and also worked at the ROC.I left the ROC and I have been debating and praying whether I should come foreward , maybe I just need some encouragement.I too put my trust in a Man of God (so i thought) who took advantage (literally) of my trust and weakness.Pastor G is an abuser mentally and sexually I know First hand.

Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: May 22, 2012 03:44AM

TRUTHBKNOWN
Hi I was a student at rsum very involved in the dance program and also worked at the ROC.I left the ROC and I have been debating and praying whether I should come foreward , maybe I just need some encouragement.I too put my trust in a Man of God (so i thought) who took advantage (literally) of my trust and weakness.Pastor G is an abuser mentally and sexually I know First hand.

HMM when did you go to rsum? i cant remember any student being heavily involved in dance?

first batch had arrived keep an eye out also look for a surprise at the super show
4 people will have on rick ross shirts ( lets see how long till some one kicks them out ) the stickers and shirts read is your church a cult find out on [culteducation.com]

i am also working with someone who runs a non profit on stopping cults im hopeing i can get them to look at theroc .

i was told recently that bus ministry is doing so bad they had to make an incentive for employees to do it they offerd an extra day off during the week if they would ride a bus so now they basiccly pay them to ride the bus cause no 1 wants to do it also now the kids lessons on saturdays are all about how to be like G its not even about being like jesus anymore

Current Page: 66 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.