Current Page: 63 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:25AM

No...we all can dream however. Pastor Geronimo threatened many people posting what he considered to be "false" information with legal action for defamation. So no, it hasn't been fixed, he's just taken a coward's way out - once again insulating himself from answering for his actions. Shame on him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 21, 2012 04:26AM

Sorry - edit to post - just Geronimo - I find that title insulting to other Pastors when referring to Geronimo as one. Credit where it's due.

Posted by: ghnavlbu7 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 04:55AM

It's my understanding that he filed multi million dollar lawsuits against people who posted the molestation allegations on this site. Isn't that how most pastors respond? I am still concerned as to why he is still allowed to be around teenage girls. Shouldn't his wife be concerned, too? Is she standing by her man?

Did anyone see that Jammie Chasteen was named to Style Weekly's annual "40 Under 40" list? Is Jesus Couture her business, or is it another "ministry" of the church?

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: January 22, 2012 10:59AM

MomOfTeens
It's my understanding that he filed multi million dollar lawsuits against people who posted the molestation allegations on this site. Isn't that how most pastors respond? I am still concerned as to why he is still allowed to be around teenage girls. Shouldn't his wife be concerned, too? Is she standing by her man?

How did he find out their identities?

Did anyone see that Jammie Chasteen was named to Style Weekly's annual "40 Under 40" list? Is Jesus Couture her business, or is it another "ministry" of the church?

The article says she is 30 years old ... she looks a lot older than that, in my estimation.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:25AM

AW Stevens,

Fixed on what?! lol......The 'BIGGEST' fix The ROC could have is to stop tryina squeeze money out the general public and do it themselves....I mean the 'elite' gettin' their hands dirty and doing what they started out doing themselves. Passing off and Pawning off on others what God 'ordained' them to do is sort of a slap in Gods face!!! I understand when temptations get to strong that ya gotta go out and hit the streets soul winning or drummin' up more money. Pastor gave a good message today......I don't ever think I would be able to entertain my time at The ROC anymore! I might consider going to North Star Community when the time is right........for counseling.......I almost saw my ex who went by Rico at The RSUM just the other day as I was entering Walgreens......if that was him......God help you all you have one big baby to raise up.......I tried to get him to go to The ROC programs/mens homes back in 2003, but he didn't want to and wanted to do things 'his way'........that's how Pastor G wants to run The ROC too.....that is why part of me wonders if He is truly saved or just truly faking the funk with everyone.........I hope and pray that He fakes it til he makes it....but, that would be without me.......

Date: January 24, 2012 04:54AM

notperfectyet
AW Stevens,

Fixed on what?! lol......The 'BIGGEST' fix The ROC could have is to stop tryina squeeze money out the general public and do it themselves....I mean the 'elite' gettin' their hands dirty and doing what they started out doing themselves. Passing off and Pawning off on others what God 'ordained' them to do is sort of a slap in Gods face!!! I understand when temptations get to strong that ya gotta go out and hit the streets soul winning or drummin' up more money. Pastor gave a good message today......I don't ever think I would be able to entertain my time at The ROC anymore! I might consider going to North Star Community when the time is right........for counseling.......I almost saw my ex who went by Rico at The RSUM just the other day as I was entering Walgreens......if that was him......God help you all you have one big baby to raise up.......I tried to get him to go to The ROC programs/mens homes back in 2003, but he didn't want to and wanted to do things 'his way'........that's how Pastor G wants to run The ROC too.....that is why part of me wonders if He is truly saved or just truly faking the funk with everyone.........I hope and pray that He fakes it til he makes it....but, that would be without me.......

I don't frequent this site very much anymore, but I am curious - what's your deal? You have flip flopped more than any other poster I've ever seen on your opinions. I mean have you truthfully not divided what is right, wrong, and/or questionable and as a discerning Christian adult (I'm assuming), and not thought more heavily about staying away from the ROC? Not trying to pick on you but seriously...

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: February 03, 2012 11:09PM

We have approx. 7+ yrs. of posts here and one thing I don't recall reading (but it might be in here) is that G & his possee (may be spelled wrong) were on staff at Victory Tabernacle Church of God on Genito Rd. in Chesterfield County when they first came to VA. They make it sound like they came here and opened the ROC the 1st week they were here. No, they were hired staff at another church for 9 months.

We are fooling ourselves if we think that these unproven blog posts (by that I mean proven in the public media/courts) are going to stop all these other churches from supporting them, and Faith based money (gov't $$$) from going to the ROC we are mistaken. THAT is where they get the bulk of their money - not the tithes of the people. Although that is a substantial sum, it probably doesn't touch the other funding they receive.

Alot of the stuff it is said they do on this blog is really baby christian behavior. Just one second after you're born again you would know not to do those things.

I am really sorry for all the hurts folks have had over there. God does see and care about your pain. He will take care of you if you let him. If you've been there for a long period and still being subjected to their crap it is really your own fault. DON'T KEEP LETTING YOURSELF BE ABUSED!!
If you have been a christian for very long and you are REALLY seeking God, the spirit will warn you. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: February 04, 2012 12:16PM

hismercy
We have approx. 7+ yrs. of posts here and one thing I don't recall reading (but it might be in here) is that G & his possee (may be spelled wrong) were on staff at Victory Tabernacle Church of God on Genito Rd. in Chesterfield County when they first came to VA. They make it sound like they came here and opened the ROC the 1st week they were here. No, they were hired staff at another church for 9 months.

That is correct ... and I heard that in a conversation that I had with David Price in 2008 ... he was the pastor at VTCOG then, and was the pastor who hired G et al. David Price is a very fine pastor, BTW ... anointed, experienced, and a man of integrity.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 12:28PM by AW Stevens.

Date: February 05, 2012 04:01AM

hismercy

We are fooling ourselves if we think that these unproven blog posts (by that I mean proven in the public media/courts) are going to stop all these other churches from supporting them, and Faith based money (gov't $$$) from going to the ROC we are mistaken. THAT is where they get the bulk of their money - not the tithes of the people. Although that is a substantial sum, it probably doesn't touch the other funding they receive.

Alot of the stuff it is said they do on this blog is really baby christian behavior. Just one second after you're born again you would know not to do those things.

I am really sorry for all the hurts folks have had over there. God does see and care about your pain. He will take care of you if you let him. If you've been there for a long period and still being subjected to their crap it is really your own fault. DON'T KEEP LETTING YOURSELF BE ABUSED!!
If you have been a christian for very long and you are REALLY seeking God, the spirit will warn you. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

I can agree with that to a point. Except for the fact that the vast majority of those who have posted here in the past (many of whom were hurt spiritually, emotionally, or otherwise) are telling their stories to clear the air and to attempt to bring accountability. I don't want the ROC to dry up and go away - but an upheaval and changing of hands in leadership is necessary.

And you could say that if you're saved, you shouldn't make comments related to anything on this site, let God take care of it. If God gave you the power to heal others physically, would you sit with your arms folded and wait for God to do it? I sure hope not.

Date: February 05, 2012 04:05AM

Additionally at this point as well, there isn't much recourse that anyone can take through the courts in relation to anything on this site. Sadly, when you have money or people whom support you with money, you can insulate yourself from answering for quite a bit. But the fact that this continues to be the second result on google when searching for the ROC is good in my opinion. If we can take no legal action, the best we can do is warn others - and for that, this forum exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2012 04:05AM by findthelies.

Current Page: 63 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.