Current Page: 62 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: October 09, 2011 10:44PM

pastor ranch, sadly has passed away from his long fight with health issues he was an inspiration for me and my family we all loved his brutal honesty and real approach to Jesus. though he he was affiliated was this corrupt org. known as the r.o.c. it seemed as though he was able to separate the truth from all the lies and deceit that go on everyday there and focus on what was true and real. i am certain, that now that he is with Jesus in the kingdom there is a real party in heaven i and my family are all more blessed for having known him. we will miss him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:25AM

I was thinking that Focus on the Family would actually interview him, rather than just play a tape of him speaking in a public meeting.

Posted by: ibelieve ()
Date: October 29, 2011 04:18AM

Depending on the outcome of the private t -- he may be missing in action for a while (from The ROC and outside world, that is)! - MJ being brought to Richmond was for a specific reason. Some traditions within the family are predictable.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:52AM

burry dalessio:

I am likewise feeling the same way, but God has big plans for me and all of us.......I am done here with discussing anymore about The ROC because 'IF' we are 'LOOKING' for a 'PERFECT' 'church we are 'FOOLING' ourselves 'BIG' time!!! Sinners make up 'THE CHURCH' and right now.........God's working on me '100' percent and there's some very 'UGLY' truths about myself that God is showing me and has prepared me to 'deal' with and face it.....had I continued going to The ROC.....I would have been so focused on the 'HOOPLAH' there that I would be blindsided by dealing with my own issues that were NOT BEING DEALT WITH.........The ROC is a helps ministry........everyone has free will.....everyone has a choice to make.....I am so loved and cared for at the ministry I attend now and still have my friends [christian friends] backs no matter what......'even those individuals I don't see anymore' from various ministries I have attended in the past..........I am Thankful for the time I have had there at The ROC.....the 'NEW WINE' classes........but, very happy to be delivered by God's hand and learning to deal with things of my past, present and future so that I can walk this walk of faith.....'FOOD ALWAYS IN THE HOUSE' and not take things so seriously................Pastor G is a guy that needs people to have his back just like Jesus did.........he preached the most real message at Pastor Ranch's memorial service that I have 'ever' heard of from him in my entire life.........
I am taking care of a patient on Saturday night and 'IF' God calls me back to The ROC it will be because God ordained it, not Pastor G or anyone else, but God himself.................I just started back to reading my bible and loved it and have actually never ever felt so good........The Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me did too...........I vented out things inside.......not meaning to hurt anyone, but unfortunately pushed people away and said some hurtful things...........I retract them all after I heard Pastor G with Pastor Ranch's memorial service.........I think it really did something to Pastor G inside receiving that flag when he would really value Pastor Ranch's Godly counsel and friendship..........he still does 'just from a higher' level now........so, 'LET'S Keep on Rollin' for Jesus and Love each other where we're at and let the other crap go........In Jesus' name!!!!! God Bless everyone!!!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 02, 2011 06:34AM

notperfectyet:

You are right there is no "perfect church".

But exercise a little common sense and don't attempt to dodge the real issues that this thread has raised about accountability.

If a church has no democratically elected government and/or meaningful financial transparency then there is no real accountability to the membership. And it is little more than a dictatorship.

Overwhelmingly, the majority of Protestant churches have checks and balances, precisely because people are not "perfect" and likely to make mistakes.

Look for a church that has an elected board that serves fixed terms and must stand for re-election on regular intervals.

Look for a church that holds such elections by secret ballot when the general membership votes. This is how elections are run for local, state and national government.

Look for a church that publishes an independently audited financial statement and budget annually, which discloses in detail all salaries, compensation and expenses paid out from church funds.

Look for a church where the elected board can hire and fire staff (including the pastor) and directly manage the budget.

Look for a church that has a constitution and bylaws, which enforce all of the above.

This is the way the Baptist conventions, Assemblies of God and most evangelical churches are run.

And when the church has denominational affiliation, there is usually another layer of accountability regarding doctrine. education and the ordination of ministers.

Think about it.

Posted by: ibelieve ()
Date: November 02, 2011 07:14AM

To rrmoderator: Yes - well said. Thank You

Date: November 02, 2011 08:20AM

Rrmoderator: Deacons, Prayer Partner Aka: Leader, Mens Leader- definitely need to read AND re-read your to-the-point, factual above description of Accountabilty and lack-of, and too should "Think about it".

Thanks moderator for sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: November 04, 2011 09:24AM

yes rrmoderator: You are right! I don't look at myself as 'too trusting', but since God's hand has been upon me He has guided me back to things that are being run the right way..........people make up 'the church' and I am currently studying a book Conspiracy Of Kindness.......no staunchly telling anyone they are going to hell if they don't hook up with Jesus........especially people that are complete strangers........that style of soul winning is wrong........showing love with 'no strings attached'.......I am going to two different ministries right now and that song, "Spirit Of God Descend Upon My Heart"........that's an awesome song...the 'new songs' being sung at The ROC appear to be good, but they are designed to satisfy the flesh, but don't really do anything to change the inside of the heart of of man.........good old fashioned gospel songs and hymns are awesome!!!!!! The only song Old Rugged Cross and Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus were about the only 2 songs The ROC sung..........the ministries I am going to now are really getting into my heart and I was lacking that there.......I Love BBN and I was listening to a message on there and they were discussing The ROC......especially about the music.......I don't want to waste any more of Gods time doing what I want to do, but I do want to do what God wants me to do and leaving The ROC was the best decision I have ever made.....and several others as well.....

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 04, 2011 08:03PM

notperfectyet:

The key to finding a safe church is meaningful accountability, which means democratic church government and financial transparency.

If the ministries you are attending don't have the features previously listed then they don't have meaningful accountability.

Often people drift from church to church, ministry to ministry -- without understanding this.

See these links:

[www.ministrywatch.com]

[www.ecfa.org]

Ministry Watch and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability can be helpful.

Remember that Jesus said many would come in his name, but he would not know them.

And in Galatians Paul admonished and condemned corrupt leaders.

Exercising discernment is par to the teachings within the New Testament.

Believers are warned that wolves may come clothed as sheep.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:03PM

No posts in over 2 months ... this means that the ROC has been fixed ... correct?

Current Page: 62 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.