Current Page: 56 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:36AM

Pastor Allen is currently working on getting a new 501-c3 organization going as a church (don't know the ins and outs). Rod Jackson was made an assistant pastor, and left when he found out about Cassidy. He was at the meeting at Chill's house when G confessed to sleeping with her. He left and knows everything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 04, 2011 09:48AM

Also within the past year and a half, many in leadership positions (deacons, pastors, workers, etc.) have left. Although they all have various reasons, many of them were heavily influenced by the goings on of G and the people immediately around him. When you love the Lord as much as many of these people do, it is sad to think that something could be so against what they know to be right that it clouds them from being able to see the "bigger picture" so to speak. Some may say that they are spiritually weak, but most of them are so conflicted with knowing they are a part of helping to facilitate it, that they've left. Many don't feel as if they will have a leg to stand on to properly bring forth the allegation because so many will blindly defend and insulate the leadership.

James 4:17 says this, "17Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." That means that when you see something or know something that you are in a position to help or correct, then you should. If not, you bear the sin of the same who commit the offense originally.

Some people's spirits just can't allow them to be around certain things. Do any current ROC attendees reading this deny that?

Posted by: ROC1706 ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:50AM

Mercy2all, are you serious here.Most of the people here have been deeply involved at the Roc and some for many years.You go to church,you sow into a ministry.With your time your money and your heart.You ride the buses and you help hand out food to the needy.You become close to the children and their family.You pray that the child you picked up last week will make it back this week.And hopefully their mothers boyfriend won't have used them for a punching bag that week.Some people really have been hurt by what this"man" and don't forget he is a "man", not God!!!!We are people saved by the grace of a loving GOD.We all sin.We are not perfect.We want to see G held accountable for his horrific actions.So that's why we keep up on this post and other goings on .When you are a Pastor that so many people believed in,and then to finally come to grips with the fact that he has done these things, it's hard.But God will show us the way and lead us in the right direction.I teach my children that no matter what you've done,tell the truth,own it,ask Gods forgiveness and turn from it! It's plan to see this is not G's approach.We want to see justice here.And it will come soon enough. I do feel sorry for G's kids.Sam...no way.She has known what he's been doing and stood by and let it happen.

Date: August 04, 2011 10:04AM

southerngalinchrist - Other churches and organizations in the city know the deal with the ROC. People are talking all over the place. There are not many groups/churches willing to associate themselves with the ROC in any capacity anymore. Also, there are many people throughout the city that know that a lot of the grant money for George Wythe was lied about in terms of where it actually went to. If you work there - yes you are being bamboozled. They got over $4 million in grants set out for them last year - though I know a lot of funding was pulled (maybe not specifically for this program) when Holly, who had partnered with the ROC as an intermediary between them and Richmond Police, has had a go at them after finding out about the business with Cassidy.

Date: August 04, 2011 10:08AM

Additionally, in the field of social work as an example - you can have no more than 5-6 children/indigents on your caseload at one time. How is it that the ROC was stacking 20+ onto each youth adviser? Sounds like an effort to show compliance so that billing could continue. As long as they could make it look like x amount of students were being helped, then they can get grant money to cover that many students. The trouble is, the money doesn't go so much to the students as it does the salaries of those working the program - I mean, it's supposed to. Do you think that they were making between 80 to 100 thousand a year? Doubtful. But someone was picking up the crumbs....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 10:09AM by findthelies.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: August 04, 2011 10:31AM

I hate to say it, but 'EXTORTION' --- 'EXTORTION' --- 'EXTORTION'..........I worked for a snake in the grass Boss at Caring Companions and he's received a 20 year suspended sentence on medicaid fraud........and Pastor G is running The ROC the same exact way!!!

Date: August 04, 2011 10:36AM

'PRAISE GOD'............
findthelies
Pastor Allen is currently working on getting a new 501-c3 organization going as a church (don't know the ins and outs). Rod Jackson was made an assistant pastor, and left when he found out about Cassidy. He was at the meeting at Chill's house when G confessed to sleeping with her. He left and knows everything.

Date: August 04, 2011 10:39AM

I would like to correct a post that I made (it was too late to edit unfortunately), but Rod was NOT at the meeting. He does, however, know everything.

-findthelies

Date: August 04, 2011 10:49AM

I am very very Thankful after reading mercy2all's comments that you must be druggin' up with those there at The ROC too?! You are defending them like you know 'EXACTLY' what you are talking about.........write your info......don't just defend......I wanna see you write down those facts that you so blatantly defend!!!!!!! GOD HAS CONTROL OF THIS.....'NOT MAN'......I was 'owned' by Pastor G for a New York Minute.....but, after a period of time I am Thankful God pulled me......rescued me......'JUST IN TIME'.......I refuse to be under the covering of a leadership that makes a lot of allowances in their ministry....that is not 'NORMAL'...it makes people that are hard working......law abiding.....tax paying citizens.........feel they are being ripped off...............who like feeling like that.........I am done with it and 'THAT'S IT'!!!!! Those programs are on and I have them all on for my patient.........we sing hymns.......how about this.....SEEK YE FIRST..........what an awesome song..........yet, revamping old druggie tunes seems to be appealing.......YOU LIKE IT?! mercy2all..........YOU LIKE TO LICK IT UP...........I am Thankful that God opened my eyes and took the scales off.........God's timing is perfect!!!!!!!

Date: August 04, 2011 10:59AM

I would also like to add - for those who don't think this website does anything - when I posted this morning - there was 115,000 some odd hits to this forum. There is now over 118,000. That's a lot of traffic for a day...just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 11:02AM by findthelies.

Current Page: 56 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.