Current Page: 51 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: Power of Prayer ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:12AM

When choosing my screen name, I choose Power Of Prayer, because I think its one of the biggest answers to so many problems that I see here. I have seen it touched on from time to time on this blog, and I know its the answer. I've taking the time to read (It took alot of my time) and I was convicted because on that day i spent more time reading these testimonies, then I did reading my bible.. I also spent more thinking about these things, than I was thinking about my relationship with God... and lastly, Since I have been talking to my friends about everything I have read and seen, it hit me, that I have in the last 2 weeks talked more about this than I have talked about Jesus or talked to the Father in prayer. Please continue to pray for this situation that God's wisdom will be involved and his righteousness, judgment, and grace be displayed.. We want God to do what he thinks is best, whatever that may be.. lets keep praying for it and believe he will give it to us!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:21AM

The girl in question here most certainly did/does have a very flirtatious demeanor, and nothing can be said to argue that. Period. She DID make a point to throw herself in front of many, many, people, of which I personally was witness to on multiple occasions. Are the parents to blame? In part. Is she to blame? To a degree. I don't recall reading that a rape occurred; however, I would ask you to ask yourself this question if you would argue against the allegations being brought against "Pastor" G - and that is was he involved? Clearly he was, he has admitted to it, which has been confirmed by multiple people including a people who were employed at the ROC during the time of the incident, as well as those who were personally in the room when he admitted to it. The point is this - the details of how this happened or why aren't the main concern - the fact of the matter is that this man is ABUSING his position as well as people, not to mention, and most importantly, making a mockery of the GOSPEL. He is not fit to be where he is and needs to be removed. END OF STORY.

As for accusing the mother, who knows what really went on there and that has no place on this thread. It's not about her character or lack thereof. The true issue here is that at a church (especially in this age) is a haven for vulnerable minds; people who have been misled by the ways of the world. So you come to the ROC and are picked up in a whirlwind of scripture and commands and brainwashed into believing the place and the people are your salvation and that only the Pastor is the man of God and blah blah - wouldn't be hard after growing up there for a period of a few years to have been misled into thinking something that is obviously totally wrong is alright. An example outside of this one would be the guys that live at the school and other homes there that have been to their "college" or graduated discipleship and get kept around for a little $100 a week for "serving God". This, from an outside perspective (even as a Christian) could easily be misconstrued as slave labor by a logical mind. Just my .02 cents.

Date: July 30, 2011 01:34AM

Harmlessdove - get your head out the sand. For an adult to have sexual relations with a minor is wrong and a crime.
If you read the post- we are asking for accountability of the leaders- most importantly G. G and his leaders have manipulated individuals for years.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:45AM

To whom it may concern:

"harmlessdove" has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: GodisJudge ()
Date: July 30, 2011 05:31AM

This is my first time posting. I have been questioning whether to get involved for a while now. I have been reading this blog for sometime now and first of all find it sad that some people who think they know what they're talking about clearly don't. I'm not here to brag by any means about what I know but I am simply here to share. Before I go any further I want to make myself clear on where i stand. I am here to share both sides of the story. I am here to share a part of their side since i was a member for 6 years, employee for 5 years , leadership for 5 years, and close to the Pastors family. Let me say this, I love each and every person there. I have many great memories there and if any of you that were a part of that ministry you can not deny that you didn't learn some great things or try to get closer to God or see actual servants minister to people there. These people and families have children who are harmless. I feel as Christians we need to watch what we say and how we say it. It may be true, but make sure you say it with LOVE. With that said, I can tell you I was paid under the table for about a year. When I was put on staff I was paid exactly what i needed to "get by" and most weren't even paid that. I do know that people in leadership have slept around in the church. However I can not tell you for sure the accusations about Pastor G. So i will not sit here and claim I KNOW that. However I will tell you from knowing both parties in that accusation it sounds like it could possibly be true. I know the churches money is used for whatever G wants to use it for. Yes, he has people he goes to for "advice" for large sums of money but they are his friends and find what he does okay, as did I. The entire 6 years there I really never questioned anything becuase i did see great things happening I did see peoples lives changed for the better, not all but some, I did see people who did not believe open their eyes and believe. I know a large group of people there want to do right including people in leadership. I believe they all do. I can honestly tell you from personal experiance not one person is there(including Pastors) are malicious people. I promise you. They are humans, which make them a sinner just like you and me. Yes, I am saved, but, i still sin. I just feel unfortuanly that old habits creep up with some of the leadership there and unfortunatly it trickles down and for young ones who see that that is all they aspire to be and believe is the way God wants our lives to be. I am in no way condoning that they are still in leadership i'm just saying i'm not going to bash them for sinning. I just wish that somehow some of these people would be removed from leadership without doing major damage to the church. Unfortunatly some of the leadership have such a "great life" and feel its their "calling" they can't give up the full time ministry life. After leaving I have been "shunned" as some of you call it by numerous people that called me their "friend". No they were not told too, just like i wasn't told to when poeple left. But they ask themselves why would they talk to someone who disagrees with their Pastor and the way things are ran. I did the same thing too for years. I don't blame them, I too felt the same way. Please just pray for eachother and even those you disagree with that God will open and change their heart.

Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:23PM

Godisjudge - I realize that some are able to look at things through different eyes, and I am happy for you that you are one of them. I would assume you probably never lived somewhere like the "discipleship ranch". The good experiences (or bad) you can have at the ROC are very relative to where you end up having to live and that's the truth. Second of all, from an accountability standpoint, paying people under the table is ILLEGAL. PERIOD. Additionally, paying someone just enough to "get by" is unacceptable as well, especially given how hard the servants and disciples work at that place versus the leadership (mirco-managing people isn't hard work, most of us have done it in some capacity) - look at the lives and things that most of them enjoy. And I'm not saying you should be material about your existence (because we know that isn't what life is about) but I find it absurd that MANY people who would meet with G would get the, "well you know I'd love to be able to pay you what you're worth, but we just don't have it." while, again, the lifestyle of the leadership is on view. They get you wrapped up in following them and being just like them, (again another issue - we need to be like Jesus I think) and then call you materialistic if you try to get close to having what they have. You said yourself you know how G spends money on whatever, I'd encourage you to grab an old copy of your "official" financials the ROC hands out at staff meetings and compare that with the likes of something like Guidestar.org. That should give you an idea of why people are paid under the table - taxation is different. For example. the ROC's IRS 990's from 2009 detail that they spent a total of $560,332 to "Provide & serve hot meals to homeless & indigents, (2000+ meals/month) also packaged food & canned goods." So I want you to think back and try to remember how much of the food you ate from the ROC WAS NOT from the food pantry - most of which is donated by area Food Lions as well as the Central VA Food Bank. On to what he does with getting advice for how the money should be spent - the church in terms of funding is typically supported and secured by those who attend. So, one would think that there would be some sort of review with the congregation or meeting in terms of financial planning for the future, etc. No. We don't have enough money to pay you, but we can spend thousands on things like cable tv a year, or over $10,000 on a SOFA! That direction needs to come democratically from the church because a church is people, not the Pastor. Do people come there and believe? Sure. Have I seen more hurt than helped in the long run? Yep. And when you consider the false witness that they have in the man that they are following more often than Christ a lot of times, it's no wonder why people leave that newly found faith as quickly as they found it. I know we aren't perfect, but you need to read Titus. It talks about the qualifications for bishops and elders. Husband of one wife? Blew that one. Next. Not greedy or given to filthy lucre? Guilty. Above reproach? Umm, no. These are things that a Pastor is SUPPOSED to be. I realize perfection this side of heaven is unobtainable, but my God, open your eyes! God uses people many times to get his work done. Everyone that sits around praying for something to happen to bring accountability - HERE IT IS! THERE IS 51 PAGES! God might just want to USE YOU to help.

Can the ROC survive without G? I'd like to say yes, but I doubt it. People there are taught to find no fault in their Pastor (which is ridiculous because then accountability is never possible, of course they know this and if you say anything you're a gossiper and backbiter) and to defend him as the man of God. What about God? What about his honor? More important than G's I'd gather. Bring honor to God and stop parading this man around as a hero. He has no personal authority in his life, so how do you expect him to truly deal with positional authority?

Also - people always throw around the word gossip. Usually the people who use that word the most do so because they know they have something to hide. Gossip, however, is not what people think it is. An example is snitching. Snitching, for most people, is telling on someone who did something wrong. That would be true if the person doing the snitching was involved wrong. Otherwise, it is called TELLING THE TRUTH. Gossip is talking about what you don't know. Is there gossip here. Of course. Quite a bit actually; but when something is TRUE and someone HAS done something, it isn't gossip, it is called telling the truth.

Posted by: 12recover ()
Date: July 31, 2011 10:39AM

Of course his affair with Jaime is true. It's common knowledge. At least it was 2 consenting adults. Open your eyes because he is a child molester. He violated me niece for 6 months. Why is all the recent preaching about gossip, forgiveness, and Satan trying to take down the ROC. G will be held accountable for his crime. The heat is on and he can't hide.

Also, where is the Jaguar that was donated to the church? His brother was told he could sell it on eBay. Why is the church budget/reserves disappearing? I know for a fact G just gave someone $50k to leave town. Also why did social services go to Rsens home recently. He does the same thing to vulnerable girls just like G. He also hits his wife. All in the name of Jesus.

Date: July 31, 2011 10:41AM

God doesn't condone child molesters. Take your head out of the sand.

Date: July 31, 2011 10:48AM

My niece was molested by G for 6 months. It's funny that people would blame her mother or the young girl....that she was flirtatious, etc. I don't care if she had danced naked in front of him. He was her minister since she was a little girl. He planned the molestation, moved her closer to his inner circle and pounced on her when she was at her lowest during her parents divorce. All in plain sight in his back office at the church for over 6 months last year. He is like a lion that stalks pray. Why do folks continue to protect him? He steals money from the church as it is his money. Where is all the church money? Why is he not accountable?

Date: July 31, 2011 11:01AM

G has run out of options. He uses the pulpit to try and cover his butt. It is not to minister to anyone - he is a Narcissist, an embezzler and a pervert. I get so tired to here the words we all have Sin. Of course we do, but you aren't forgiven just because you say you are sorry. You must change, be accountable and do the right thing. He lies to his congregation everyday. A criminal investigation is underway.

Current Page: 51 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.