Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Law of Attraction and rape
Posted by: ghostwriter1984 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 01:16AM

I'm not sure about a media circus. Some women are not strong enough because of the trauma.

It would be prudent to suggest to your friend to seek counseling (if she hasn't done so already). Pardon me if I'm overstepping here, but I'm thinking if she was "okay" telling you about the incident she might be receptive to discussion about finding a good counselor. Many cities have a local rape crisis network/domestic violence hotlines that she can contact. There is also the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network RAINN that can be of assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 03, 2012 08:47AM

These psychopaths selling the fake Law Of Attraction rationalize rape, crime, cancer, the Holocaust, genocide, mass starvation, earthquakes, fire, and anything else you can think of.

Byron Katie: Nazi's burning Jewish babies was the work of "God" [forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 08:49AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Peter Daley ()
Date: December 03, 2012 09:54AM

EverVigilant
She gave me a few more details. The man was an executive at a large financial firm, and she said "And then he gave me a book that justified it."

After my expression of WTF, she said, "Yeah, the Law of Attraction."

Was the book Rhonda Byrne's The Secret?
She has a new book out called "Magic".. I think that says it all.

Posted by: DonShwantz ()
Date: December 03, 2012 01:35PM

I hope you aren't calling ME a troll. I wasn't trying to take the spotlight away from you, I was just making a point. Maybe the woman didn't report it because she KNEW that LE would do absolutely nothing. However, I guess you're right she should have suffered through incompetent police on top of everything else just to get some justice.

Someone once asked me if I believe in karma... I said..... "Karma is only justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice." Until that day.

I didn't mean to offend. This is a good place to come together and share information.

Posted by: walter1963 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 01:39PM

This sort of twisted thinking is endemic in the New Thought community. Byrne and Katie are just the latest of a long line of monsters who engage in 'blame the victim'. Neale Donald Walsh is another promoter of this evil.

Here's Walsh:

" The mistakes Hitler made did no harm or damage to those whose deaths he caused. Those souls were released from their earthly bondage, like butterflies emerging from a cocoon"

This is evil, I suspect if one peered into the mind of Walsh one would find the abyss there.

"Hitler was created by you. He arose out of your Collective Consciousness.... The consciousness of separation, segregation, superiority – of 'we' versus 'they,' of 'us" and 'them' – is what creates the Hitler Experience. The consciousness of Divine Brotherhood, of unity, of Oneness, of 'ours,' not just 'yours/mine,' is what creates the Christ experience." Page 55

This sort of claptrap can easily be used by the morally bankrupt to justify any sort of evil and then throw it back on the victim.

Guys like him are beyond the pale.

Posted by: EverVigilant ()
Date: December 04, 2012 02:28AM

I didn't ask her if she reported it but that seems like something that can't hurt.

ghostwriter1984
It would be prudent to suggest to your friend to seek counseling (if she hasn't done so already). Pardon me if I'm overstepping here, but I'm thinking if she was "okay" telling you about the incident she might be receptive to discussion about finding a good counselor.

She has in fact asked me to help her find a good therapist, so I think she's going that route.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 04, 2012 03:58AM

Send a PM to Rick Ross and get advice on how to find a capable therapist.

For something this heavy, your friend needs someone who has the training and will do things right the first time.

Can tell you that a therapist who does this heavy sort of work needs to be part of a professional consultancy group--be a member of a group of professionals who meet regularly for mutual support and with whom to discuss cases.

Two, the therapist needs to be state licensed and have training in the area where your friend has incurred harm. THat means being up to date on the known PTSD therapies that have been well researched and have been demonsrated to have an acceptable risk/benefit ratio.

Mr Ross may be able to refer you to some capable therapists in the area where your friend lives.

He can be reached by PM here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Law of Attraction and rape, psychopathic filth by Neale Donald Walsh.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 04, 2012 04:17AM

Everyone needs to publicize that psychopathic filth by Neale Donald Walsh.

On top of their psychopathic bullshit, guys like Neale Donald Walsh don't apply their bullshit to themselves.
They are just mainly lining their own pockets with "donations".

On a deeper level, clearly these guys like Neale Donald Walsh are trying to absolve themselves of their own GUILT for scamming people out of all their money, which is what they do for a living.
Con-artists.
They tell people fiction Stories designed in the end for you to give them your money.
It really comes down to that.

So on some level, Neale Donald Walsh, Byron Katie and the rest of them, feel a tiny touch of guilt, but not much, as sociopaths don't feel guilt much.
But the little they feel, they rationalize by saying, "hey I am not as bad as Hitler".

and the next step, that "Hitler" was doing the work of "God".

Neal Donald Walsh and Byron Katie have literally taken the position of a psychopath.
Very sick people.

Who else could brazenly lie to thousands of people for a living, all day everyday? Think about it...

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: December 05, 2012 09:36AM

The police don't have any way of knowing whether the perp will continue to confine himself only to "hookers", or that he hasn't already attacked some that are not hookers, or that he will necessarily be sure that the person is a "hooker" before he attacks.

Therefore it is very important to the police that they find the guy and take him off the streets.

DonShwantz
Sometimes in life (more often than you would think) horrible things happen and the police literally do not care. I mean, there is a Dr. who is a suspected serial killer or involved in prostitution killings in and around NY/Long Island, racking up like 15 victims thus far, yet the police want to sweep it under the rug and forget about it because "Who cares about hookers right?".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 09:52AM by AW Stevens.

Posted by: left_of_the_dial ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:20AM

EverVigilant
I wanted to post this here because I heard something yesterday that made me so angry, and I don't know whom else to talk to about this. I want to get it off my chest.

I was talking with a lady friend of mine, and she was telling me about her past, including one incident when she was drugged and raped. At first I didn't ask anything about this because I didn't want to pry. But later on, while commenting on what a messed up life she seems to have, I brought that subject back up because it had really struck me.

She gave me a few more details. The man was an executive at a large financial firm, and she said "And then he gave me a book that justified it."

After my expression of WTF, she said, "Yeah, the Law of Attraction." She woke up in a stupor in his house, and he gave her this book and sent her on her way.

Now I'm vaguely familiar with the idea: What we think about comes true, etc.

So here we have a man who rapes a woman and then gives her a book in order to convince her (and himself, of course) she was asking for it.

It happened years ago and she never pressed charges. I won't describe the violent fantasies of sadistic vigilantism I've had since she told me that story last night. I could probably get the man's name from her and possibly address too. But I probably won't. Probably. In any case, that is beside the point...

Anybody familiar with this book? Can it really be used to justify rape? If so, I hate the universe. God is not just if this man doesn't get what's coming to him, and if my friend doesn't find a way to get on her feet and experience some real joy. She had a messed up childhood and has some issues from that, but she is very noble at heart. The kind of mother she is trying to be supports that. This is one of the first times in my life I've had the thought, "I hope there's a hell." I want this man to feel every last thing he made her feel.

I did not read this thread yet.

But, as a teacher of Vedanta, I am familiar with 'The Law of Attraction' and those who teach it.

It became popularized through the movie 'The Secret'.

But as a person who was a student of NLP 20 years ago or so, I was already aware of the basic premise behind the idea.

Con Artists IMO.

If anybody ever takes advantage of you physically...PRESS CHARGES!!!

There are lots of creeps and weirdos out there.

While involved in NLP I met lots of people like this who take advantage of people and use them.

That is why I left NLP because I do not believe anybody deserves to be psychologically, physically, emotionally, or financially harmed by another human being.

And a lot of people involved in NLP and 'The Law of Attraction' are CON ARTISTS.

Not all, but quite a few.

As a meditation/Vedanta teacher, it is always my #1 priority to protent a 'student' from physical or psychological harm.

And I would give my own life to do so.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.