Trinity Foundation and Ole Anthongy -- an analogy
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:49AM

Recently Wendy and I received a revelation from God. Throughout history, God has chosen certain people to bestow a unique communication. We are His chosen ones for this age and time. God has given us a new truth that has never before been made known. Due to the uniqueness of this message, Wendy and I have decided to quit our jobs and devote all of our time and money to getting the message out. In addition to the unique revelation from God, we will also be totally committed to anti-cult work... We believe God has called us to establish a group where the new truth can be taught and our mission to speak out against cults can best be accomplished.

The name of the organization will be The Duality Foundation and the small Bible-based group will be We Hear God Again or (WHGA). The reason I am posting this here is that we are going to need several followers. We are thinking that at least ten or so members with six figure incomes would be sufficient to get started. (This can also be husband and wife members with combined incomes totaling the necessary six figures). We will, of course, require all followers to tithe. We don’t want to be too terribly rigid about this, so we may have a special category for people who fall in the 75K to 99K range, with a corresponding reduction in status/privileges—or, there may be a way for folks who fall in this income group to make up their shortcomings with some kind of sweat equity.

Wendy and I feel that ex-cultists would make the most perfect followers for this unique manifestation of God’s message, since they already realize that they can not trust their own judgment. (Duh, they were in a cult.) It will be imperative that the members submit their minds and hearts to us as the leaders since we are the ones God chose to give the message.

Our leadership manifesto is:
1. We will lead by instilling guilt and shame in our followers. We will do this through several mechanisms, such as public confession, though, of course, it will be for your own good. Trust us, you will feel much better afterwards.
2. We will lead by attacking anyone who tries to question our actions or doctrine. Constant ridicule, humiliation, and belittlement will be the primary strategies to accomplish this goal.
3. We will openly talk about the dysfunctional nature of your families of origin and discourage frequent association with them. Occasional times will be allowed. By constant mockery of your biological families, you will come to understand that we are your true family.
4. No rebellious spirits will be allowed to remain in the group since rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. We will encourage members to speak out and contend with us, but only for the reason of determining who really has a rebellious spirit.
5. No boundaries will be allowed. It is important that no secrets and no private information be kept from the leaders (Wendy and me).
6. We need to know exactly what you are thinking at all times so we will require that everyone “say what’s there.” This will help us to know where you are emotionally and intellectually so that we can curtail any subversive actions.
7. All members will need to understand that they have no rights. No right to their own possessions, no right to their time, no right to their money, etc. All rights must be nailed to the cross as was our Savior.
8. In order to distinguish us from other Bible-based groups we will be reviving centuries-old rituals that the Church has forgotten, but which are absolutely necessary for the practice of genuine Christianity. Since Wendy and I have studied these liturgies extensively and the rest of you do not have the access to the original source documents that we do, you will just have to take our word for what they are.
9. For that matter, since there is no private interpretation of Scripture, private reading of the Bible will be tacitly discouraged—though we should not be too overt about this in case one of our friends in an apologetics ministry should ask about it. Instead, we will keep you all busy enough with Bible study each weekday morning and several nights each week so that you do not have time for private study and reflection.
10. If anyone should prove less than worthy of the true calling of being our followers and decide to leave the group, those of you who still remain should immediately begin to treat them as “non-persons” and “dead bodies.” We can feign concern for their well-being (in fact, it may be advantageous for us to do so—remember those apologetics ministers we need to keep in our corner), but they are no longer our business.
11. Finally—and this is most important—since we are God’s unique messengers for this time, advancing our agenda is synonymous with advancing God’s Kingdom here on Earth. Therefore, the ends justify the means when it comes to furthering our glorious cause or supporting your fearless leaders.

We look forward to being your cult leaders and are available from the hours of 7:00am-7:15 am. daily.

Doug and Wendy Duncan
www.dallascult.com
December, 2006

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:17PM

To they who must be obeyed,

Please, please may I be in the inner circle? I promise not to read my Bible anymore or to ask any probing questions that might make you or Wendy look bad. And of course we will need a magazine. Maybe we could call it [b:a5d434fe1c]The Trap Door [/b:a5d434fe1c]but any name you and Wendy decide on will be fine with me ( see how submissive I am already!)

Loyal to the end,
cultaware (he who must obey)

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 03, 2006 10:52PM

I'd want to join your cult too, but I need deliverance from this critical-thinking skills demon that I am possessed by first. I'd be too much of an an annoyance, always asking questions...I have this annoying tendancy to [i:2d0ced05fd]think for myself[/i:2d0ced05fd] and it's always been an impediment to my spiritual growth. Better to repent of my pride and submit to a deliverance, Duality Foundation-style. I am so ashamed, I am so sorry...things will be better once I am liberated of my individuality! Please pray for me (that is, assuming that God gives a hoot).

Date: December 03, 2006 11:56PM

All I have to do is keep reminding myself: being a Chrisian means that you have to put your mind in neutral, and that it is a sin to think independantly of the Scriptural interpretation explained by The Leader...then once I "get it" and become free of my toxic ind then, and only then, will god have mercy on me and allow me entry into your circle. But first I must repent!

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: December 04, 2006 12:28PM

This is something Wendy wrote just a few months after we first left Trinity Foundation. I thought it would be appropriate to share it at this Christmas season:

[b:66967c0774]How the Grinch Stole Christmas[/b:66967c0774]

Once upon a time on the isle of Columbia there was an old Grinch. The Grinch was ruthless and overbearing and cut the hearts of his followers whenever the urge arose. The inhabitants of the isle of Columbia were a flock of misfits, mavericks, quirks, rebels, with a sprinkling of religious addicts. The Grinch loved to tell them how worthless and hopeless they all were and how God hated them.

The Grinch hated Christmas and told the misfits that Christmas was a pagan holiday only celebrated by the ignorant and weak of faith. “Jesus was not born on Christmas!!” the Grinch would often say. “And I know because I am the greatest Grinch bible scholar in the world. No, no, you stupid misfits, Jesus was conceived on Hanukkah and born on Rosh Hashanah.”

“The whole Christian world has it wrong, Oh Great Grinch?” the misfits would ask. “Yes, you stupid reprobates. Do you want to contend with ME??, the Grinch asked in his superior and challenging manner. “But Christmas is a celebration of Jesus’ birth, some of the inhabitants implored. “I don’t give a Rat’s Ass if you celebrate Christmas, but no Christmas trees or holiday lights shall be erected on the isle of Columbia,” the Great Grinch proclaimed. So, rather than incur the wrath of the Great Grinch, the misfits of Columbia celebrated the conception of Jesus on Hanukkah, singing traditional Christmas carols and reading Hanukkah stories.

One of the inhabitants of the isle was a woman named Cindy Lou. Since becoming a believer Cindy Lou had loved Christmas. Christmas was a special time of reflection and celebration of the Savior, [b:66967c0774]her Savior[/b:66967c0774]. She cherished this time of universal observation of His birth when the whole world recognized that the King had been born, the Lamb who would take away the sins of the world.

Cindy Lou came to the isle at a vulnerable time in her life after almost losing her faith. She desperately wanted a family, a group of fellow believers where she was accepted and belonged. The isle of Columbia seemed to be just the place.

It was odd that the inhabitants of Columbia did not observe or celebrate Christmas, but the Grinch appeared to be very sure of his scriptural and historical search of the birth of Jesus. And, actually, what did it matter if you celebrated Christ’s birthday on Rosh Hashanah or Hanukkah or Christmas?

The first Hanukkah that Cindy Lou attended on the isle was very strange. The people in her group gathered on a Sunday afternoon and read Old Testament scriptures and passages from the Book of Enoch, Jubilees, and Judith. Later, all the groups gathered and sang a few traditional Christmas songs. The big event, however, was the enactment of the story of Judith by the children of Columbia. Judith saved her people by getting the king drunk and chopping off his head. The kids loved the part where a head was carried off on a platter.

Many years went by before Cindy Lou left the isle. Shattered and confused, disappointed and disillusioned, Cindy Lou tried not to think about how she had almost lost her connection with God because of the influence of the Great Grinch.

The first Christmas after leaving the isle, Cindy Lou realized that the Grinch had stolen Christmas. The Grinch stole Christmas out of the heart of Cindy Lou with his authoritarian, emphatic insistence that Christmas was pagan worship. By this time in her life, she had grown accustomed to seeing Christmas through the Grinch’s eyes.

That first Christmas almost slipped away, but the emotional healer God had brought into Cindy Lou’s and her husband’s life quizzed them about their plans and reminded them that this was a special time in their healing process. Christmas Eve Cindy Lou and her husband went to an Episcopal Church. They both cried tears of joy as they sang, “Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful” with the other congregants on that first Christmas away from the powerful Grinch.

“Oh, Come All Ye Faithful
Joyful and Triumphant
Oh, come ye, oh, come ye to Bethlehem
Come and behold Him
Born the King of Angels
Oh, come let us adore Him.
Oh, come let us adore Him
Oh, come let us adore Him
Christ the King.”

Footnote: after the arrival of Princess Suzette on the isle of Columbia, the Grinch gave a new edict that Christmas trees would be allowed on the isle, but only if they came from the Christmas tree farm. No Albertson’s or Tom Thumbs trees were allowed.

Date: December 04, 2006 09:34PM

Thus always for the Columbia Mystery Religion and their Pontifex Maximus!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.