Ashish Institute
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 01, 2006 11:00PM

I am curious about the Ashish Institute "Good Will and the Will to do Good"

Have checked the RR database, but not found them there, the prescence does seem to be limited to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Japan and it says that he founded an institute in the Phillipines.

According to their website [www.aiis.com.au] it follows the teachings of Grand Master Choa Kok Sui...

a Filipino-Chinese scientist, engineer, philanthropist, businessman, international teacher and author. He is the modern founder of Pranic healing techniques and has presented them in a systematic, concrete, easy to learn manner.

What makes me curious is that while they say he is a scientist I can't find any mention of what discipline this relates to, nor when they say philanthropist what charitable endeavours he is involved with. Also...

He is called the Grand Master because he is the master of every principle and technique outlined in his textbooks

There is some mention of 'God' and the 'Grand Master' has written a book The Existence of God Is Self Evident [www.aiis.com.au] but it is unclear what concept of God is being referred to. If I was to hazard a guess I would say it is likely to be Krishna or one of the Hindu deities since Prana is derived from the Vedas. I sent an e-mail some weeks ago to ask but I did not receive a response.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had any experience of them or any organisation that seems similar.

I personally have had no involvement besides looking at the website and very casual contact with Pranic healers in the context of working in a massage shop. One guy who came in quite regularly was taking classes from this school, just seemed like a typical hippie to me, dreadlocks, somewhat dirty clothes, sandals and eau de hemp. Always had a book with the Grand Master's face on it tucked under his arm mentioned it quite openly but never went into detail.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.