Renegade Scientists not accepted by the mainstream community
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: November 29, 2006 02:39PM

rrmoderator
The supernatural claims you say Randi cannot prove, no one has proven.

No psychic powers have ever been proven through science with research results, which have been peer reviewed and published within any reputable scientific journal.

Such claims typically rely upon and/or cite anecdotal evidence.

There are many renegade scientist who prove empirical facts that are not accepted by the mainstream scientific community. If they don't support currently accepted models, such as aristotles theory, then the career of such scientist is inevitably torn to shreds. I am not talking about metaphysics either. There is an award specifically for renegade sicentists and there is a need for these guys to publish their theories underground.

For example, if you could drop from infinity you would gain infinite energy. Then once you reach a black hole travelling at the speed of light the event horizon would become a point of sigularity yet mathemaitically the EV no longer exists, time freezes and you should pass right through it.

Much talked about in physics community. Reaching the singularity in theoretic mathematics is highly discussed but although there is problems with the Special Theory of Relativity it is not accepted because it doesn't fit the theory.

Also light has been tested empirically to have weight. But this doesn't fit Einsteins theory E=mc2. But in the case of photons E = mass times c2.
c equalling the speed of light.

So E2 = m2c4 + p2c2

p= momentum = 0.

This is where E=mc2 comes from.

But since light does not have a rest mass as light doesn't stop.

Therefore
E = 02c2
E = 0

So at rest light has no mass and no energy. Despite the fact that light has mass the common theory is that light is massless to fit einsteins theory.

Yet an electron has mass despite the fact that it doesn't have a rest mass and moves at high speeds. It also shows a wave and a particle constitution and moves past the nucleus without physically moving. Light has a particle and wave function but neither is considered both a wave and a particle. Why because it doesn't fit the current model. Electron and photon being similar are not considered the same thing as it doesn't fit the current model. Ever seen lightening which is made up of electrons which moves somewhere in the vacinity of the speed of light? An electron proven not to have a singularity like the black hole are not considered to be the same thing as it doesn't fit current model. If anyone tried to refute any of this though their careers would be over.

Metaphysics cannot be proven as science deals with physics. All that can be shown is that an event has occured that cannot be explained. Once it cannot be explained most people are deemed to forget about it. There are many cases in the last few decades that have not been proven.

For example:

[www.webeffects-aus.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Renegade Scientists not accepted by the mainstream community
Posted by: Joe K ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:08AM

emntk
rrmoderator
The supernatural claims you say Randi cannot prove, no one has proven.

No psychic powers have ever been proven through science with research results, which have been peer reviewed and published within any reputable scientific journal.

Such claims typically rely upon and/or cite anecdotal evidence.
I am agnostic about whether a supernatural/metaphsical reality exists, but I tend to agree with rmmoderator.

emntk
There are many renegade scientist who prove empirical facts that are not accepted by the mainstream scientific community.
They "prove" it how? Would you please give an example of a renegade scientist, the empirical fact that he proved, and what methods he used in making such a proof?

emntk
If they don't support currently accepted models, such as aristotles theory, then the career of such scientist is inevitably torn to shreds. I am not talking about metaphysics either. There is an award specifically for renegade sicentists and there is a need for these guys to publish their theories underground.
I'd be interested in reading about these awards. Is there somewhere on the Web where I can read about it?

emntk
For example, if you could drop from infinity you would gain infinite energy. Then once you reach a black hole travelling at the speed of light the event horizon would become a point of sigularity yet mathemaitically the EV no longer exists, time freezes and you should pass right through it. Much talked about in physics community. Reaching the singularity in theoretic mathematics is highly discussed but although there is problems with the Special Theory of Relativity it is not accepted because it doesn't fit the theory.

Also light has been tested empirically to have weight.
By whom? Where is this published?

emntk
But this doesn't fit Einsteins theory E=mc2. But in the case of photons E = mass times c2.
c equalling the speed of light.
...<Some text deleted for brevity>....
I don't have the training to either validate or invalidate your argument. This is your own discovery? Or you are quoting someone else?

emntk
If anyone tried to refute any of this though their careers would be over.
I'm confused. If someone refuted your argument above their careers would be over. Or their careers would be over if they publically agreed with your argument?

emntk
Metaphysics cannot be proven as science deals with physics.
Yes, that is a common argument. But it does not invalidate rmmoderator's comment

emntk
All that can be shown is that an event has occured that cannot be explained.
"Shown" how? Can you give an example?

emntk
Once it cannot be explained most people are deemed to forget about it. There are many cases in the last few decades that have not been proven.
Again, some examples would be appreciated.

emntk
For example:

[www.webeffects-aus.com]
I can probably find a web page describing a picture of the Virgin Mary manifesting on a taco shell, but what does that prove?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.