Current Page: 2 of 3
Has anyone on the Board Been Involved with Urantia?
Posted by: medic8ed ()
Date: July 14, 2006 03:12AM

Conventional wisdom has it that Jerry Garcia (as in the Grateful Dead Jerry Garcia) was hardcore Urantia at the time of his death.

For what it's worth...
(I was a longtime Deadhead.)

medic8ed

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: July 21, 2006 07:02AM

I used to have a copy of the Urnatian book that my dog chewed on one corner. It's a wacko ride, but I always enjoyed sci-fi. Never took it seriously. I wouldn't be concerned about the book, but the people your daughter is hanging out with! Her verbage already has some red flags. Anyone who says to me that their group/ church/ healer is so "WONDERFUL" always makes me suspicious.

Posted by: barabara ()
Date: July 22, 2006 08:10AM

Does anyone know if there is any connection between Urantia and "Ashtar Command"? Do Urantians believe in channelling, along with UFOs?
Does anyone know where Gabriel of Sedona came from or anything about his history?
I have heard he's in the music business.

Posted by: Yteep ()
Date: September 01, 2006 07:10AM

I looked up Gabriel of Sedona and it looks like he came out of main-stream as a Catholic Charismatic, becoming a counselor for youth, prisons and at half-way houses. His web site, however, is very new age: [www.gabrielofsedona.info]

He is credited as having brought through the continuation of The URANTIA Book, called Continuing Fifth Epochal Revelation, in which The URANTIA Book is the first one-tenth. However, it is not clear how he did this.

I still am looking for some proof that aliens have visited earth. :wink: :D :wink:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 01, 2006 08:11AM

Yteep:

There is no scientific evidence that aliens from outer space have visited earth.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is a collection of articles about UFO Believers, who often seem more like true believers following a religion based upon faith than anything objective that can be proven by science.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is the subsection about the purported "cult leader" "Gabriel of Sedona."

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is analysis of his group "Aquarian Concepts Community" put together by former followers. Seems like Gabriel is more of a con man than someone that can provide proof about aliens.

Posted by: CultEduMod ()
Date: September 02, 2006 09:02AM

Here is a good article on Urantia.

[skepdic.com]

and another about UFO's.

[skepdic.com]

Posted by: mr.ufo ()
Date: September 04, 2006 11:47AM

I'm not going to argue about whether or not UFOs exist. I have seen them and spoken to those who come from other worlds, but I don't care whether or not anyone believes me.
There are several UFO cults in the United states, who attempt to control the lives of their members and gain control of their money. One such cult is scientology. Another is a cult based on Urantia. These types of scam artists give legitimate psychics like myself a bad name.
I am a psychic minister with a small following, and I have recently heard that I have been accused of being a cult leader.
This is not true.
I do not require anything whatsoever of those who come to me for guidance, and exert no control over them at all.
The reason people have been saying I lead a cult is because of my psychic abilities. For many years now I have been the recipient of intelligence from beyond the borders of our universe. ( Alien intelligence, if you like.) My assignment is to receive this intelligence and deliver it to those who wish to hear it. For this service I accept small donations which I use mainly for archival purposes.
My purpose as a minister is to guide and advise my flock. I have no interest in money and fame, and that's one reason I am not going to give my name here.
If someone is truly doing the work of the divine intelligence, they do not charge for it.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2006 11:21PM

mr. ufo:

If you can prove your "psychic abilities" objectively and scientifically you can get a million dollars.

See [www.randi.org]

No one ever has proven such claims, but you might try.

Posted by: mr.ufo ()
Date: September 05, 2006 03:19AM

I'm interested in neither money nor fame. I am merely the vehicle chosen by Eshamtar to deliver his knowledge to humanity.
This knowledge is sometimes quite specific to the person it is given to, at other times, it is more general knowledge for the improvement of the human relationship to the All. This is not some card trick.

Posted by: CultEduMod ()
Date: September 05, 2006 10:00AM

Over the years, I have personally offered to set up proper tests for countless folks who claim to be psychics.
I have offered to work with them to try and pass James Randi's test, among others, like a guy personally who offers $5,000 for anyone who can validate any type of paranormal claims.
Or to go to journals like Nature magazine, Science magazine, etc.

Everytime they refuse, by saying they don't want money or fame.

Well, why not give the money to some poor kids to attend college?
Why not use their knowledge to "change the world"? If they could [b:c7f8c2e263]prove their abilites in a controlled scientific setting[/b:c7f8c2e263], they would change human history.

I have gone to "psychic fairs" and offered to set up tests for any of those folks, every single of of them refuses.

They [b:c7f8c2e263]always refuse to be tested[/b:c7f8c2e263]. Every single time. Even folks who are obviously mentally disturbed who I have met who make these claims, somehow know enough to not want to be tested objectively! Some part of them must know they are fooling themselves.

Its called the Confirmation Bias.
[skepdic.com]

But what is always most interesting, is that those who refuse to be tested, simply prefer to charge $70-$300 an hr for their "psychic services".

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.